Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Team for Forest?  (Read 1113 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:34:29 »

Seems as if Stef is still missing and Jenkins is a major doubt, furthermore Seano and Nicholas are both looking somewhat doubtful.

I imagine Seano will recover to play and Nicho will start even if not fully fit. I'd go for this team...

Code:
             Evans

Collins   Ifil   O'Hanlon   Nicholas

Shakes    Pook   Whalley    Nicolau

Fallon Cureton

subs:
Bulman
Smith
Summerbee
Roberts
Thorpe

If Nicho isn't fit then Smith can slot in at left-back, I'd also consider dropping Ifil in favour of Reeves after their respective performances against Oldham but as I discussed with DV85 after the Oldham game I don't think it's a viable option, Reeves will not cope with a full season of professional football and we might have to persevere with Ifil in the hope he gets some confidence back.

Keep it simple, play the ball on the deck and use the wingers to get the ball into Rory. Let the fullbacks get forward on the overlap, insist Rhys rolls the ball out to the fullbacks for them to distribute, let Whalley play a little deeper than usual to act as an easy ball out of defence so Ifil can keep it simple and get Cureton to drop off Fallon and pick the ball up from midfield if neccesary, much in the way Parkin did earlier on in his career.

I really should be manager  :x
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:35:48 »

Why would you put Roberts on the bench?, he was the best player on the pitch Tuesday night.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:39:39 »

I'd rather not have Nicholas in the team. :?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:40:10 »

Despite the fact I like Roberts and think he's a very talented player, I honestly can't think of where he'd fit into a 4-4-2 system at the minute. Maybe play him up front alongside Fallon but that hasn't been terribly succesful in the past and I'm trying to keep things simple, go back to basics to get us out of a rut before it's too late.

I don't like seeing him on the wing, he doesn't stay wide enough and when he's up front he doesn't stay forward enough!

With regards to Nicholas, I'd find it difficult to justify leaving him out of the team after Tuesday night, also having two naturally left footed players on the left (what a novelty!) would be hugely beneficial to the team and should make it much easier for the fullback to overlap, balances the team and puts even more emphasis on width - which I keep banging on about.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:43:52 »

I thought Nicholas was poor, he kept on bottling challenges and waiting for the ball to come to him which meant the Oldham players were nipping in and taking away from him.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:48:08 »

Everyone was poor on Tuesday night (bar the last 20 minutes) that's the problem, as I said before I'm going for a simple lineup hence balance being key. Nicho looked much better than he did at any point last season though and he's our only naturally left footed fullback.
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:48:51 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Everyone was poor on Tuesday night (bar the last 20 minutes) that's the problem, as I said before I'm going for a simple lineup hence balance being key. Nicho looked much better than he did at any point last season though and he's our only naturally left footed fullback.

He's better than the Right footed Jack Smith anyway.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 16:50:33 »

I thought he was poor as well, one of the worst, I'd rather have Jack Smith at left back.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 17:14:08 »

i just do not want to see collins play tomorrow, he was the worst player on tuesday night in my opinion.

why not have a 442 with roberts slotting in behind fallon and curo and whalley playing a more defensive role in midfield.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 12, 2005, 17:23:29 »

With Reeves playing well King will keep him in, which him being old King will go with 3 centre backs. I hope not. If Migz is still injured then.....I hope he is back soon he wasnt meant to be out for long

Evans

Collins
O'Hanlon
Reeves
Smith

Shakes
Whalley
Pook
Nicolau

Roberts
Fallon
Pages: [1]   Go Up