Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Inquest  (Read 51349 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:30:00 »

It's an analogy, our kid.

You .. surely ..cannot be suggesting for one nanosecond that yesterday's utter shambles is in any way acceptable because we beat Bristol City 6 months ago..
arkellsboi

« Reply #76 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:33:48 »

You .. surely ..cannot be suggesting for one nanosecond that yesterday's utter shambles is in any way acceptable because we beat Bristol City 6 months ago..

No, mate. I'm just saying that we had some good moments this season and it was often enjoyable. It's gutting to put in such a bad performance at Wembley and stay down, but that shouldn't take away everything from the highs of the season. A throwaway point.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:34:04 »

Several weeks back, I said that I wasn't too bothered about promotion.  Either way we'll need a rebuild and that may be easier to do in Div 3 than 2.  Further as a club we're not really prepared for competing at that level....lacking in too many areas.

Essentially we're a Div 3 club.....the thing for the coming season, will be to maintain that status, as we've shown ourselves how you can go from defeated PO final to relegation in one season.

It's a bit disappointing that Div 3 is so horribly norvern next season.....I just wonder though is it possible when the fixtures come out next month, that we'll get a home game on Boxing Day for the first time in 8 or so years.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:34:16 »

So so disappointing.  3 chances to get out of League 1 not taken in 6 years.  So what if they were 'good' seasons.  We're still stuck in League fucking 1.  Now it's back to square one and a complete rebuild is needed again.  I like Cooper, but am really not sure he's the man to get us out of this League.  

No disrespect, but on each of those 3 seasons we were not good enough to go up. We had good seasons but were not quite as good as the teams that went up. In each of the 3 seasons, if we had of gone up, and not upgraded our team SIGNIFICANTLY, we would have struggled big time.

Much is made of the Premiership year. But I thought it was awful. We were cannon fodder week in and week out and quite frankly a joke. It was rather embarrassing.

Good seasons are all about feeling good about the performances and results. Being one of the better teams and going to work on a Monday feeling good after the weekend's game.

I'm bitterly disappointed we lost. I'm even more disappointed in the manner we lost. Preston were by far the better team (as were MK and Shitty) and they were deserving of promotion.

Its a shame if half of our players bugger off, but I think most are easily replaceable. Here's looking forward to being entertained next  season.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:35:35 »

No, mate. I'm just saying that we had some good moments this season and it was often enjoyable. It's gutting to put in such a bad performance at Wembley and stay down, but that shouldn't take away everything from the highs of the season. A throwaway point.

Fair enough.. you just made that point really really badly earlier on.
arkellsboi

« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:36:12 »

Fair enough.. you just made that point really really badly earlier on.

Forgive me. I'm tired, depressed and hungover.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:37:33 »

dont think anyone has mentioned it but Hylton must be puzzled to have played no part after his semi final performancea.I know the early sub hampered his chances but still would have liked him to play some part,if not start
I'd have preferred him to have come on rather than Williams. Especially as he will be here next year and Williams more than likely not. Also, I think if he'd have started, rather than Obika, we could have played him in more of an advance midfield role, which might have given Kasim more of an outlet. Still, its over now.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:37:48 »

If you judge everything only by how it ends, you're going to be disappointed. Pretty sure you're going to snuff it one day.
I agree with Jo. You need to have something to show for your efforts at the end of the season, even if its "Oh well, at least we have something to build on next season", but with the way the Club is set up, as we well know it's going to have to be broken up and we start again from square one.

Yesterday's abomination means that the whole season was wasted.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:38:07 »

Forgive me. I'm tired, depressed and hungover.

Believe me - that makes two of us.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:40:26 »

It's been analysed very well. For my part, as one of a group of seven long-term 'oldie' supporters at the game, my greatest disappointment was the lack of fight, and a lethargy by key players,except for Byrne.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:40:36 »

No disrespect, but on each of those 3 seasons we were not good enough to go up. We had good seasons but were not quite as good as the teams that went up. In each of the 3 seasons, if we had of gone up, and not upgraded our team SIGNIFICANTLY, we would have struggled big time.

Exactly....we weren't quite good enough to go up, got a second chance at it, which confirmed the fact....so nothing really lost.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:45:08 »

I agree with Jo. You need to have something to show for your efforts at the end of the season, even if its "Oh well, at least we have something to build on next season", but with the way the Club is set up, as we well know it's going to have to be broken up and we start again from square one.

Yesterday's abomination means that the whole season was wasted.

Now that really is negative bollocks...

Think back to where we were this time last year, and we've definitely progressed....keeping that progression will be difficult, but not perhaps impossible, as we've template to work from.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 09:53:45 »

I'd have preferred him to have come on rather than Williams. Especially as he will be here next year and Williams more than likely not. Also, I think if he'd have started, rather than Obika, we could have played him in more of an advance midfield role, which might have given Kasim more of an outlet. Still, its over now.
I wanted Hylton to start, he gives us something we don't have up front in Williams, Obika and Smith, he has pace and loves the ball at his feet.

It would have been great experience for him to have played at Wembley, certainly in front of the outgoing Williams who did fuck all when he came on anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:01:54 »

Much is made of the Premiership year. But I thought it was awful. We were cannon fodder week in and week out and quite frankly a joke. It was rather embarrassing.

Good seasons are all about feeling good about the performances and results. Being one of the better teams and going to work on a Monday feeling good after the weekend's game.

I'm bitterly disappointed we lost. I'm even more disappointed in the manner we lost. Preston were by far the better team (as were MK and Shitty) and they were deserving of promotion.

Its a shame if half of our players bugger off, but I think most are easily replaceable. Here's looking forward to being entertained next  season.

Don't disagree with any of this. I think I'm just  so sick if League 1 that I'd take the elation of promotion even if it did mean we'd struggle and come straight back down.

It worries me that we'll never be in a position to build a strong enough team to make it over the line and stay there.  We always seem to be those couple of players short.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 10:02:50 »

well at least it was a record-breaking play off campaign!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: