Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Inquest  (Read 51372 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:56:09 »

There was more going on in our block than on the pitch. Nice day out ruined by the football (again)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:02:06 »

not my intention to insult anyone. Just saying our fans were not noticeable. Sorry if that offends. Plenty of my friends and family who are texting and phoning me agree and they went.

I think two goals in 15 mins knocked that on the head. Atmosphere was building, then it went tits up.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:19:18 »

Let's not forget Preston are a nightly, physical, typically northern team. We have struggled against those in the past and we struggled against one today.

Still a little bit dazed by that but I don't think the officials had a handle on the game. Having Yaser booked for dissent seems odd when there were two Preston players hounding the linesman on that side moments before. I mean, it was Yaser, so he doubtless said something he shouldn't, but still. What stuck in my mind was a particular moment in the second half where a Preston player was so obviously climbing over Turnbull to get the ball he lost his grip on Turnbull's shoulders and slipped down sideways. Ref ignored it.

New faces next season will be important. I still have the utmost faith in coops.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 23:38:55 »

At the end of the day, if you finish 10 points behind a team, then you're getting dog's chance....well done to PNE, they merit the promotion, we've had a very good season, but just pulled up a bit lame at the end.

Time for a break from football and get back to focusing on bollocks.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 23:52:51 »

Thought it was Byrne who handled it and then claimed for a pen

I was 100% it was bryne that handled it.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 23:54:40 »

Can't really be arsed to talk about the game at this point, sure that will come. The three scraps were relatively near me, didn't see what caused the first or last but middle one was fairly ludicrous. Basically a couple of our 'fans' got annoyed, and aggressive, because the people in front of them weren't standing up and singing. That the people in front of them are in their 60s and both have on going health issues didn't seem to cross their tiny minds, even when if was pointed out to them by the couples son. In the end the whole family moved, a pretty depressing  incident on an afternoon not short of them
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 00:44:33 »

Crying
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 00:55:48 »

My 2 pence worth. Hardly anybody comes out of that with any credit. Byrne was our stand out performer, other than Yaser he was the only one who always wanted the ball, didn't hide away and ran at their full back constantly, notably creating the chance that Smith should have fucking buried!! That was the game's defining moment, had that gone in it would have been 2-1 and game very much on. As it was I'm pretty sure they scored from the resulting goal kick and that was pretty much that. Luongo was fucking annonymous and if truth be told has been since he got back from Asia. Whether this is a result of injury, fatigue or just that his head has been turned by somebody we'll probably never find out but on the basis of the performances he's put in over the last 4 months if we get £3m for him then we're mugging somebody off. That was Turnbull's worst game for us, when it mattered most, beaten nearly every time in the air by Garner! Although he can be a liability Branco should have replaced NT & not Ricketts who's legs look to have gone, what the fuck he was trying to do for the 4th goal I'lll never know.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 04:39:49 »

Having had a bad night's sleep time for some reflection, cannot argue with much that has been said but our tactics were naive to say the least!  We pretty much had our strongest team out there at the start, albeit a couple of them were not fit enough to start but to stand off attackers like Beckford was criminal!  Easy with hindsight but how we could have done with signing a hard man in midfield once Louis was injured, missed his drive and willingness to tackle at the back end of the season.  The sentimentality in allowing Nathan to start was a damning mistake and certainly cost us, felt for him being carried off after two minutes and a goal down.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 06:52:17 »

Ok. The players or Tactics?

Nathan Thompson.

Just what the fuck he was thinking...firstly fouling Beckford who was going no where at the time, then his terrible marking of Beckford for the goal.
Considering he was only on about 3 minutes - that has to go down as one of the most calamitous and terrible Wembley performances of all time for an individual player.

Dare I say it, it was very reminiscent of Jerel Ifil. Good athlete, thick footballer...

....oh and we didn't start Andy Williams because?

Also, the fact we, as a club are serial big game bottlers
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:17:25 »

I was 100% it was bryne that handled it.

Well, I was in row 9 right behind the goal, and it was clearly the Preston player - at least, me and everyone around me thought so.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:22:13 »

Nathan Thompson.

Just what the fuck he was thinking...firstly fouling Beckford who was going no where at the time, then his terrible marking of Beckford for the goal.
Considering he was only on about 3 minutes - that has to go down as one of the most calamitous and terrible Wembley performances of all time for an individual player.

Dare I say it, it was very reminiscent of Jerel Ifil. Good athlete, thick footballer...

....oh and we didn't start Andy Williams because?

Also, the fact we, as a club are serial big game bottlers

You could see NT was playing injured from the moment he ran with Beckford and ended up fouling him...when the corner was being set up Thompson SKIPPED into position in the 6 yard box - we were in the 9th row, behind the goal, and all saw it. He simply wasn't fit.
Plastic

« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:29:05 »

What was going on with the SAS coaches? a load of 1980's school buses turned up an hour late with no toilets, no air con and my legs were killing me as there was no leg room, I know it's run by volunteers but I sill had to pay a premium £22 for the ticket, wish I'd known before I parted with the cash as would of went with someone else.  
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:40:31 by Plastic » Logged
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:36:28 »

From where we were sat it looked like Nathan's hamstring went in the chase with Beckford which contributed to him committing the foul.

Couldn't see what happened in the box for the goal, but on the highlights Nathan doesn't seem to make a very good job of getting the right side of him. Heart has got the better of head, he never should have started.

From then on we were in proper trouble. Captain off, the defence disrupted and a goal down against a very effective side.

Preston were a good side yesterday in that they made they hammered our weaknesses and made the best of their assets. Beckford's second is a great goal.
kerry red

« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 25, 2015, 07:37:27 »

Tactics lost us that game - and auto promotion if you ask me.

After being aware for months that once teams sussed we were shit at defending, Cooper et al couldn't - or worse, wouldn't - change our shape was fucking criminal.

If the likes of Crawley and Yeovil could turn us over by simply lumping the ball over our back 3, then it's no wonder PNE found it a piece of piss.

And it's no good pointing out that we were not shipping goals in the first half of the season with that system.

The reason for that was that most teams were shit scared of our forward play to have a real go. Once that was sussed we were dead meat.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: