Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Town vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 38856 times)
wisemensay

« Reply #330 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:56:38 »

Well done for coming back Town, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Can we stop conceding comedy goals please?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:57:12 »

In the context of the game, delighted.

In the context of the league, dissapointed.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:57:36 »

Are we happy with a draw at Yeovil? Really?

When we're 3-1 down with 5 mins left....Yes.

Overall...No.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:57:42 »

There is clearly something there in our squad, but we are out the bottom 4 on goal difference and 6 points off the playoffs
Actually we're a point ahead of the drop zone and 5 off the play-offs. But yes, things need to change. That was a great comeback. The first half against Posh was a great comeback. The problem is clear - we're putting ourselves into stupid positions. Had Austin not hit the post things might have been very different, but that doesn't excuse shipping three goals to a team in the bottom four
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:58:55 »

I really dont think it helped not having Cuthbert in the middle.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #335 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:59:19 »

I don't know what to think.

In a way losing 3-1 might have been the best thing for us (asides from a win, of course). Had that happened then whatever needs to be done might have got done and quickly.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:59:32 »

Another excuse for Wilson to say how we showed great fight and great spirit to come back blah blah blah.

This is exactly what worries me. Whilst I admire our fighting spirit in games recently we have not been performing well enough to deserve to win games. It needs sorting. I know Wilson will be working hard on it as will the players but we simply can't keep coming away from every game saying "yes great spirit etc". If we were to come up against Brighton tomorrow we'd get dicked with our defence as poor as it is at the moment.

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 15:59:42 »

we'll we're getting good at scraping draws against the shittest teams in the league.
beat the better sides and we'll be ok.

plagarist. Smug Fuck Off
Rich Pullen

« Reply #338 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 16:00:13 »

I'm elated with the comeback but it papers the cracks.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 16:00:25 »

So, do we let the team that finished the game start the next one?  If Ferry is ok, maybe him back in and O'Brien on the bench.  It's probably about time we tried to keep the team unchanged with 4-4-2 for a few games and see if the consistency in the team selection breads last seasons consistency in performance.

Come January I think there are some decisions to be made on personnel though.  I'd take a centre half, a right back if Caddis isn't one (Darby would work for me) and probably a forward to take the pressure off of Austin.  The latter is the least needy, but I think the centre half needs to be player with a fair amount of experience and some pace if possible.  It would be harsh on someone like Morrison, especially given what has just happened but it needs something for the good of the team in that position to sure several positions up.  Maybe that was what Greer added, maybe players grew around him even when he wasn't on tip top personal form.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 16:01:04 »

Actually we're a point ahead of the drop zone and 5 off the play-offs.

Yeah, looked at BBC and they had 3-3 but with us on 16. Corrected it as soon as I realised!

Agree with your points. Its as simple as we can't continue to concede this many so frequently. How to resolve it is the question. My opinion is the formation is leaving us exposed. Others may say its down to personnel or stupid errors.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 16:02:39 »

But we played 4-4-2 today Batch.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 16:03:10 »

This is exactly what worries me. Whilst I admire our fighting spirit in games recently we have not been performing well enough to deserve to win games. It needs sorting. I know Wilson will be working hard on it as will the players but we simply can't keep coming away from every game saying "yes great spirit etc". If we were to come up against Brighton tomorrow we'd get dicked with our defence as poor as it is at the moment.

In a nutshell.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #343 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 16:03:37 »

Let's not forget we have Sheehan, Douglas and Manks out with Pericard coming on after being out for a while.

Also, Frampton hasn't had much time to fit in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 16:04:01 »

So, do we let the team that finished the game start the next one?  If Ferry is ok, maybe him back in and O'Brien on the bench.  It's probably about time we tried to keep the team unchanged with 4-4-2 for a few games and see if the consistency in the team selection breads last seasons consistency in performance.

Come January I think there are some decisions to be made on personnel though.  I'd take a centre half, a right back if Caddis isn't one (Darby would work for me) and probably a forward to take the pressure off of Austin.  The latter is the least needy, but I think the centre half needs to be player with a fair amount of experience and some pace if possible.  It would be harsh on someone like Morrison, especially given what has just happened but it needs something for the good of the team in that position to sure several positions up.  Maybe that was what Greer added, maybe players grew around him even when he wasn't on tip top personal form.

Agree with all of that.

My opinion is we have such good individuals that Wilson has changed formation to accommodate them rather than leave some out to benefit the team.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: