Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £25 Match Day Tickets Next Season  (Read 34049 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 16:56:09 »

Is the Stratton Bank gonna be £19 like the Townend ?

If this is the case, surely opening it every game will make sense. Then away fans have a choice between 19 quid behind the goal or 25 quid in the Arkells corner.

For the Oxford game, give them only the bank and charge £50.
Spencer_White

« Reply #106 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 16:57:19 »

Pretty shocking pricing policy, hopefully it will mean more people will just buy in advance.

No mention of an advanced discount, just £2 off for Club Red. Again, not enough of an incentive, should be £5 off.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 16:59:57 »

Is the Stratton Bank gonna be £19 like the Townend ?

If this is the case, surely opening it every game will make sense. Then away fans have a choice between 19 quid behind the goal or 25 quid in the Arkells corner.

For the Oxford game, give them only the bank and charge £50.

Doubt it what with the extra costs involved in opening it.  Only for overflow again i imagine.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:02:37 »

Just means I'll have to listen to other fans moaning non stop about these prices all season long.

I dont think it will increase revenue anyway.

Big increases like this do ruin the morale of the fans. I cant be bothered to apologise for the board to Casual fans, so if those fans say they cant afford it then I wont try and change their mind.

It all seems to be unravelling a bit for the Board.....if the di Canio punt fucks up, then I wouldn't be surprised to see them looking for an escape hatch.  A great shame.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:06:29 »

Im shocked. Im all for building up the season ticket base, but you've got to have a good base of people who pay on the day to be able to do that.

It highlights a problem with the wage cap too. Nobody knows what our turnover is going to be as it all depends on how succesful the team is, its all guesswork. Presumably they have to present a realistic budget to the league to justify our wage bill.

You can bung £25 down on a spreadsheet and claim we're going to have 2000 people paying that price every home game instead of £20, and bingo you've got another £200K plus to add to the wage cap. Never mind the fact that revenue overall will probably be well down.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:10:11 »

I know I should be bothered, but i've forked out for a season ticket and so it doesn't affect me. Yes, it's harsh for the walk up and buy fans, and it is a move which will horribly backfire on the board, but i'm alright jack.

Should also mean there's less people around me this season, meaning more leg room Cool

Things get better but they never get good
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 17:58:49 »

Presumably they have to present a realistic budget to the league to justify our wage bill.

Correct. Club presents a budget which the league have to approve, which is used to set the wage cap. Then the same process is repeated in December (I think) for the January window.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:13:37 »

I'm not going to lie, I'm hacked off. Was planning to do a few home games but now I'll focus on the away ones. Increased cost plus train ticket is crazy.
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:19:04 »

Ive been a ST holder in the DRS for 3 years now and im not sure if i can afford to renew this season

I didnt think this would be such a problem as i would still go to most games and miss a few (pick and choose) however now ive seen these prices,

I'm fucking furious, £25 for div 4 football is ridiculous  Angry

If i dont manage to renew my ST, i might have to miss a lot more games than originally expected.

I'm guessing i will have to go back to the good old days in the townend  Hmmm

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:20:52 »

But you get in for free Wink

I didn't get a ST, so it looks like I'll be picking and choosing even fewer games than I otherwise would've now.

Ditto.

Just think, when we have a mid week and a saturday home game - you're talking £50 in the same week for division 4 football!
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:26:30 »

Ditto.

Just think, when we have a mid week and a saturday home game - you're talking £50 in the same week for division 4 football!

Not a chance  No

Surely if enough fans complained to the club about this new pricing structure, they would surely have to listen wont they?

I cant see it lasting long at all, what a fuck up, seriously pissed off!!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #116 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:34:43 »

It all seems to be unravelling a bit for the Board.....if the di Canio punt fucks up, then I wouldn't be surprised to see them looking for an escape hatch.  A great shame.
Unfortunately I agree. I was really glass half full but this has put a right pisser on things. I've got a ST so I'm Ok but I won't be able to bring along any casual fans because there is fuck all way they're going to fork out £25. I suppose it must have been our fantastic home form that drove these prices. If we don't hit the ground running there may well be truoble ahead.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:35:31 »

No mention of an advanced discount, just £2 off for Club Red. Again, not enough of an incentive, should be £5 off.

So I have pay £30 to be a member of some poxy club to get a £2 discount. I'd have to attend 15 home games to see the benefit, which defeats the object of not having a season ticket.

Ridiculous.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:43:09 »

I'm still planning to make a couple of journeys down this season. I'll be paying the best part of £100 just to get to Wiltshire. If I'm daft enough to pay the travel costs then I'll pay the admission prices.

Head Hurts
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 18:43:42 »

Its a lot of money for sure, but prices for everything are going up and if allows the club to spend more money on the playing staff then its fine by me.

I don't get why they didn't announce this while season tickets where still discounted as it would have driven sales surely?

How much were they last year?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: