Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WREXHAM vs SWINDON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 22839 times)
mr ian

« Reply #135 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 00:07:26 »

and ince looks overweight
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 00:19:14 »

and the balti pie gave me a proper dodgy stomach earlier Sad

mr ian

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 00:20:45 »

i had a crap burger at the services a crap burger at the ground

football food is  wank
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 00:28:33 »

yea the bugger king i had was shite, triple bacon cheeseburger my arse, its got the same fucking meat as a normal single burger, they've just cut it into 3. fucking arseholes!

Amir

« Reply #139 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 00:42:25 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Ah well, we deserved to lose today. Wrexham got the ball down and passed it well, got it out wide and their two wingers (no idea who they were) were very very good today. No complaints about the actual result. Fully deserved and their penalty was a penalty no complaints.

A few things though....something that really really grates me is...defender are aloud to use Lee Peacock as a ladder, all the do is climb on him, foul him and pull his shirt yet they seem to get away with it....the minute Peacock dares challenge them the ref seems to blow up for a foul, it wasnt just today. Its been every single ****ing game

The ref was usless and 2nd half was doing everything the home crowd wanted. In my opinion Wrexham should have a player sent off...Lee Peacock turned their number 2...and got pulled back when through on goal and number 2 was the last man...then a few minutes later he went in over the top of the ball and got Aaron Brown in the shin...should have been his second yellow and the ref bottled it....things like these change games...but I am a bit shocked he stayed on

Our 2nd 'goal' right before half time....Chritian Roberts never offside in a month of sundays. I guess Lee Peacock also ran in to the box....and I think he was offside....but Roberts took it on and Peacock didnt get a touch...depends if you class him as active or not....

Too much hoofball and not enough midfield from us today, we never looked like scoring.....only shot we had was a must be close to 40 yards free kick from super Paul Evans...however saying that, like Hartlepool despite alot of possesion and getting the balls out wide Wrexham didnt create that many chances....if we hadnt of had a mental two minutes I think we could have held on for draw or even won.

Still good luck to Wrexham this season, first team we've played that wanted to play football this season.

Also it was nice to see Paul Evans and Darren Ferguson getting stuck into each other, proper hardman tackles flying it...they both got up shook hands on got on with it, real men.

Minor setback, but one defeat in every 7 should see us through.

Still believe we'll do it....

Pretty much spot on there, DV.  I'm not sure their right back deserved to be sent off, that's about it.  If we'd have carried on the same way in the second half he probably would have done, as he looked constantly harrassed the first 45.  

First half was scrappy but we gave as good as we got, not sure about the offside, didn't think Roberts was off either.  After that we were just second to everything, ince was unfit, and we looked pretty impotent.  Would have rather seen Fola come on than anybody.  Their left winger did have a good game(Jack Smith saw to that more than anything), and I would have had Ferguson as MOM.
Spencer_White

« Reply #140 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 08:53:46 »

This is the sort of thing that can happen away from home. That linesman gave one dodgy throw in to us, and the Wrexham fans in that main stand got on his back straight away. I cant believe that Roberts goal was off, it took an eternity to get through. So in some ways the home fans saved them. And Roberts should have gone down for a pen, same as their player did.

Then second half we got absolutely battered, so no complaints there. A 2-2 draw would have been fairer.

Was getting sick of some of our fans singing ' we are invincible' and champione shit as well. Made us look a right bunch of idiots when they stuck that winner in, and didnt they celebrate it. Hopefully get better backing for the lads on tuesday now our fans realise we're not invincible.

On a big plus note, really enjoying the big games that being at the top of the table brings us. Teams and fans looking forward to play us, big attendances from home fans and good support from Swindon. Ive got to say, those Wrexham lads to the right went fucking nuts when the winner went in, the bastards! Hope our stands look as mental as that when we score against Mcdons on tuesday!
mr ian

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 09:35:30 »

the goal was amazing yesterday

just seen it again

and it looks even better
mr ian

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 09:52:31 »

i knew it wasnt offside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fucking lino!!!!!!!!
Northern Red

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 09:59:18 »

Just seen the 'Championship' on ITV.

What a cracker for the first goal - Evans is god.
The second 'goal' - Roberts was a mile onside, Peacock was mile offside. Peacock imo was active as he was running for the ball and was beaten to it by Roberts. If Peacock hadn't run it would have counted.

Penalty was a penalty, second goal took a wicked deflection off our defender, which meant Brez was wrong footed, he seemed to have the original shot direction covered.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 10:06:01 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Just seen the 'Championship' on ITV.

What a cracker for the first goal - Evans is god.
The second 'goal' - Roberts was a mile onside, Peacock was mile offside. Peacock imo was active as he was running for the ball and was beaten to it by Roberts. If Peacock hadn't run it would have counted.

Penalty was a penalty, second goal took a wicked deflection off our defender, which meant Brez was wrong footed, he seemed to have the original shot direction covered.

Peacock is surely not active. He did not touch the ball, he did not stop anybody else touching the ball....
Roberts ran through and whether or not Peacock went for it, Roberts was going to score. Which means Peacock's actions did not affect the game.
Well, not until the lino gave it offside

The Championship - "Some goals need no commentary". ACE  Cheesy
Northern Red

« Reply #145 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 10:09:23 »

Sorry I disagree, if Peacock is running towards goal, towards where the ball is going, a defender has to cover him, which makes him active. Thus offside.

Any neutral fan would say offside.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 10:13:22 »

Not seen it yet (recorded Championship so will check later) but if as NR says Peacock is running for the ball, he's spot on, Peacock is active for precisely the reasons NR says. Don't suppose you fancy signing up as a L2 ref do you NR? You seem to know a damn sight more than most of them at this level!
Northern Red

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 10:15:09 »

I'd love to be a ref, but it takes about 10 years to get to League level, and the first 5 years is expenses only, no wage. I might do it one day, when I've made my millions  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 11:11:09 »

Having just seen the Roberts disallowed goal it's one of those things. Some Linos/refs would have let it stand. The whole offside if 'active' nonsense makes it too subjective to gain any consistancy.

Great goal by God. Wish I'd seen that one live. Can we have another Tuesday?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 14:26:08 »

when are the highlights gonna be up? i wanna see.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: