Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United - Matchday Thread  (Read 22110 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 15:57:10 »

6 defeats in 7, 1 point above bottom 4 having played a game more than 2 of them.

Today sounded like an improved performance in an attacking sense (mainly due to gladwin) and el abd sounded like he played alright. We need obika/thomas back asap as we cant have a front 2 of ajose/hylton.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 15:57:25 »

well I got the one shot on target right, and had Bostwick not scored for us we would have lost by 2.
But we were nowhere near the 60% possession mark.

All in needs now is for Cooper to say we played well Wink
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:03:57 »

6 defeats in 7, 1 point above bottom 4 having played a game more than 2 of them.

Today sounded like an improved performance in an attacking sense (mainly due to gladwin) and el abd sounded like he played alright. We need obika/thomas back asap as we cant have a front 2 of ajose/hylton.

Improved, but still not good enough. Literally all of our chances were created by Gladwin and he was the one who looked most likely to score. If he hadn't been on the pitch it would have been utter shit again.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:09:21 »

Coopers opening  line on the post match interview
"i thought we did quite well today"  Huh?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:09:42 »

Cooper doesn't think we deserved to lose and always thought we were going to score.  Oh do fuck off.  We scored through an own goal and never tested their keeper really.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:10:03 »

If I was to take any positives from that game then I#d say it was Gladwyn and El Abd.  The others didn't look like they gave 2 fucks tbh.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:11:04 »

Cooper doesn't think we deserved to lose and always thought we were going to score.  Oh do fuck off.  We scored through an own goal and never tested their keeper really.
I must have been watching a different game to Cooper
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:25:12 »

Only my second game this season. We had a decent spell in the first half but only came alive after going 2-0 down. Shape looked much better in second half with Louis in midfield.

It was noticeable to me how small and slight we are as a team. Luckily we didn't concede many corners or set pieces near our goal.

As others have said, Gladwin stood out and El-Abd was calm and solid. Thought Branco played well too and Brophy looked a good threat in second half from left back. Is he usually shit because our players don't seem to trust him and he was often in acres yet ignored. I thought BOO looked lacking in any confidence and was ineffective, especially at left back.

Ajose has quality but looked woeful today and that's a major concern. Offered nothing including any apparent effort.

Feel sorry for Cooper. We really are an U23 team and some players just don't have the physicality to compete against men. Confidence is clearly lacking, which effects decision making. We will continue to struggle unless we get some of the injured players back and firing or we secure a lucky win.

(Today's post was brought to you courtesy of McCoy's free tickets)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:33:16 »

A better performance, but woefully short of quality especially in the final third.  Calamitous defending for both goals conceded , in fact the second one was criminal!  Hylton was a waste of space and oxygen with Ajose little better, although to be fair to both of those they need a big man up front to hold the ball up and bring them into play - just belting the ball up to them with the massive defence in front of them was always a bad move!  Did like the look of Brophy, Gladwin ran the game for the first 35 minutes but I guess he got mom for most shots over the bar and all of them from distance - greedy.  He did sting the keepers hands in the first half but that was about the only thing on target we had all game apart from the og!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:35:07 »

Positives: First 30 were OK, Gladwin good early on, EL-Abd steady throughout. Last 15 we remembered how to battle

Negatives:   Gladwin reverted to 'shoot on sight, do too much'. Conceded another two goals, one absolutely comical. 15 minutes after their goal was as flaccid as you'll ever see.

not much we can do about things really given lack of players.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:36:44 »

Obika injured from a bad tackle from Bangoura in training.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:38:35 »

Obika injured from a bad tackle from Bangoura in training.

And out for a few weeks according to twitter. Marvellous.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:39:20 »

Cooper doesn't think we deserved to lose and always thought we were going to score. 

Did he really say that. Really?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:41:43 »

Cooper has to take some blame for these injuries some are wholly avoidable.

Some down to training/fitness
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:43:38 »

I don't think it is yet inevitable that we'll go down, but something will need to change because atm we're not close to being competitive in games. 

Hopefully that change might be getting players back fit, but there's a bit of a pattern here, which suggests it might not be just "bad luck"

Div 4 is a bit of a southern league, and with FGR 5 points clear in the Conference could make for an interesting derby.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: