Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bayo Akinfenwa  (Read 6073 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 15:42:09 »

is Leon Best signed up anywhere yet? Forest were interested but did he ever sign? surely Sturrock is looking at him if he is still out of contract
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 15:42:55 »

Coventry have offered him more money than Forest did, so we have no chance!
Panda Paws

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 15:47:20 »

Bayo is as wide as he is tall, powerful as fuck and quick as anything a couple of years ago. Him and Corr could certainly work, beanpole Corr and powerhouse Bayo......now just got to think of a song......... :-))(
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 15:49:01 »

Barry and the Bayo to the tune of Fire on the Bayou by the Meters.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:05:19 »

Well hes been released by swansea at least if he comes he wont cost us a penny accept in wages.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:33:27 »

Quote from: "newmarket red"
Well hes been released by swansea at least if he comes he wont cost us a penny accept in wages.

believe Bayo is out of contract. Swansea are only offering 1 year so he is pissed off. If we offer him 2 or 3 he wil sign here.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 21, 2007, 17:50:03 »

Sturrock doesn't seem to sign players on individual merit, but how they will work within the team. I wasn't expecting much from Corr, but in the handful of games he played he did really well. Hopefully that will continue.
magic8ball

« Reply #37 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 08:09:23 »

Bayo has had talks with Sturrock, all went positively according to the adver site, but he has two other clubs interested in him, both League 1, one of them apparently Gillingham.

Lets hope Luggy worked his magic, this guy can score goals and would be a handful alongside Corr.
Lumps

« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 08:29:42 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"

Couldn't you think of anything a little less mainstream! Most people must be sick of people humming that tune by now surely?
 Wink
Lumps

« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 08:31:57 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
he's a lump of a forward.  The WDP article is bemusing - £50k transfer fee when we can't pay the CVA and then with Akinfenwa they mention him moving here as it's closest to home - but wouldn't Gillingham be closer and probably pay more given they have already splashed out £200k on a player, let alone the wages.

Could we all agree to stop using the word lump in a derogatory fashion please?

It's starting to upset me.  Wink
adje

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 09:18:41 »

Id rather have Fallon back-never been a fan of Akincrapwa,sort of Iffy without the goals.Let Gillingscum have him to go with their other crap signings

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 10:05:16 »

Quote from: "adje"
Id rather have Fallon back-never been a fan of Akincrapwa,sort of Iffy without the goals.Let Gillingscum have him to go with their other crap signings

I see what you did there adje.

Pure Gold Cool

I think Akincrapwa or whatever his name is would probably be a decent signing. I saw him play when we drew 2-2 at Torquay t'other season and I thought he looked strong and fast and generally a bit of a handful.

I am also of the opinion that if Stuffock thinks he is good then he probably is.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 10:13:58 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"

Couldn't you think of anything a little less mainstream! Most people must be sick of people humming that tune by now surely?
 Wink

hehe, i'm hoping those who don't know it will look it up. spread the musical love
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 10:38:10 »

never ever rated him. one of those strikers that lacks class in the finishing department, he's got many other attributes but slotting the ball in the net isnt one of them.

now, fallon wasn't the greatest of finishers but he did alright but i'm of the opinion that we have a team full of people who don't take their chances, surely we don't need another one?

then again, Henry couldnt finish for shit when he first joined arsenal and needed a good 5 chances to grab a goal, and sometimes players with superb finishing ability can also turn out to be utter shight anyway, exhibit A, Jamie Slabber.

but yeah, if sturrock rates him then i can't complain.

officially blacker than the night.

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 22, 2007, 11:12:33 »

he's always caused us problems,could be a good signing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: