Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Franchise.  (Read 30498 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:34:37 »

The bloke sat behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me who their number 6 was and why I was jeering him Roll Eyes
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:38:28 »

remind me why we played in black? the 69 final we played in white?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:39:51 »

They should change it back to 2 points for a win. We'd be 19th (swap places with crewe) and be two points clear of the relegation zone.

what about if it were 2 points for a score draw?

I thought the whole reason behind the black kit was because we werent allowed a white one because Franchise play in white...

....then they didnt even wear white!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:47:44 »

Was it the fact that 'somebody' forgot to mark the line out on the DRS side Stratton bank half. Or was it they ran out of pasties. Both terrible crimes I think you'll agree.

No, I sit in the front row right behind the disabled, and they now do not allow you to go down near the pitch because the disabled fans have complained.  I can understand why they would do that whilst the game is going on, but what is wrong with going down near the pitch at half time or after the game.

My lad would like to go to the front to get autographs and we usually go to the front to applaude the team when they play well, but because the disabled fans have complained this is now not allowed.  Though the disabled fans still want their family that is sitting behind them in the stand to be able to come down the front as an exception.

I have been watching the moaning happen all season and now this has got my goat and I want to vent my spleen over it.  Yes I know they are disabled and deserve a certain amount of flexibility, but when a stand of 3000 people is banned from being able to go down to pitchside to applaude the players and all get directed down 4 or 5 stairways, just to keep maybe 20 disabled fans happy, I think this is wrong.

Am I wrong in having this point of view because of their disabilities?

Email addresses anybody?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:49:20 »

nick@swindontownfc.co.uk
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:49:45 »

But don't tell anyone about that email address. It's a secret.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:52:53 »

OK I won't cheers!

Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:53:31 »

Jammy cunts, totally lost count of the number of times we should have got the second, thought we were good today, for me Amankwaa was MOM, both Greer and Morrison were good but I thought Kev put in a textbook full-back's performance today.

Thought Nalis was ok, won his headers and got on with it but he did misplace quite a few passes, particularly 2nd half.

Have to say I was suprised it was Macca that gave way, I'm not in the Kanu's shit camp but I think we're more likely to see the end product we need from Macca - meh...

Good game, should have been 3 points - I'm signing off for a few games now, gonna miss four, hope we're out of the bottom four when I get back...
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:55:37 by Kinky Tom » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:53:44 »

ha ha. there was one incident where I almost went wading in. he had a go at the ref for one of his players getting booked for kicking the ball away. he stood up and said he'd never seen anything like it.
He probably hasn't - like all the plastic shit that follow his "club", he's only been watching football for a few years. Should have nutted him, juddie. Even if the magistrates didn't take the view that it was wholly justified by him being a fucking disgrace to humanity which would have been the only fair judgement and dismissed the case, you'd have got off with a fine, and I'd have been glad to pay that for you.

On a brighter note, we played as well today as we did badly the previous two Tuesdays. As juddie said, should have won by three or four. And while we have dropped into the bottom four, there's a few more sides have dropped back into the mix. Wilson just needs to get it into the players' heads they have to play like that every game and not just against the top sides. No good doing that against Franchise, Leicester and (probably) Leeds if we don't also do it against Hereford, Crewe, Northampton, Yeovil etc.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 19:56:08 »

They should change it back to 2 points for a win. We'd be 19th (swap places with crewe) and be two points clear of the relegation zone.

In 80/81, we went into the last game of the season needing a point to stay up v Brentford.

The only time I can remember us getting by our own efforts on the final game of a season.

It was the last season of 2 points for a win....of our last 13 games we only won the one, but drew 9.. under that system, draws were good results.

The following season, we couldn't adjust and went down to Div 4 for the first time with 52 points....Wimbledon went with 53.

We won 13 and drew 13....6 more wins this season might see us safe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:17:29 »

They seem pretty relieved on their forum, typical of the comments are :     How the game didn't end up 7-2 to them I'll never know. They were robbed.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:18:04 »

In 80/81, we went into the last game of the season needing a point to stay up v Brentford.

The only time I can remember us getting by our own efforts on the final game of a season.

It was the last season of 2 points for a win....of our last 13 games we only won the one, but drew 9.. under that system, draws were good results.

The following season, we couldn't adjust and went down to Div 4 for the first time with 52 points....Wimbledon went with 53.

We won 13 and drew 13....6 more wins this season might see us safe.

We got that draw against Walsall a couple of seasons back!?

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:30:03 »

my half time coffee was shite.first time i've sampled it this season and i wont bother again.luke warm water and a pretty poor tasting cup of coffee really.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:31:55 »

my half time coffee was shite.first time i've sampled it this season and i wont bother again.luke warm water and a pretty poor tasting cup of coffee really.
That'll teach you not to drink beer!  tbfi 've found the coffee in the Arkells ok this season.

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 20:34:08 »

well it wasn't today good chap.using hot water would be a bonus
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: