Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Franchise.  (Read 30486 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:58:58 »

Isn't sheee,pretty in pink!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 17:59:28 »

Where do I start? We should have won. Paynter was fanastic. He was strong he held the ball up well and took his goal well as well. Cox was awful for his standards. Terrible miss and then another pretty shoddy miss on the rebound after Paynter hit the post. Miss of the day goes to Robson-Kanu though. what a terrible terrible pathetic schoolboy miss. He had so much time. The keeper had even given up yet he still missed the ball. And then Wilson took Macca off instead of him? I thought Kanu was OK but he faded so much in the second half whereas Macca grew more as the game went on. I'd like to see more of Marshall and i'd have taken Cox off for Razak.

On the whole yes we played well but we didn't win. We should have won by 3 or 4. At the end of the day it's all well and good saying we were unlucky and we played a good side etc etc but if we don't win games when they are there for the taking we will go down. I don't care who we are playing. We have to take our chances and win games. MK took their only decent chance and got a point. That was the difference today.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:01:38 »

gutted with a draw as we desrved to win today.the back 4 were all superb,with amankwaa my mom.greer and morrison worked well together,vincent gave his usual no-nonsense display.but i was so impressed with amankwaa today,he really was superb.up and down the pitch,great pace and strength.and he dealt with both players who played left mid for mcdons. i slated both smith and ifil last week on here,and we looked so much more solid at the back today.

in midfield the two centre mids went about it well.both were decent i thought.kanu was good and always a threat.he has skills but doesn't over do it unlike the mostly anonimous macnamee who was bullied off the ball all the time today.kanu is also strong and even under pressure keeps possession,macca cannot do this.
paynter put in a good shift and took his header well.cox was poor today,played the sheringham role really, and the miss was a bad one.
also thought brez was poor as his flapping caused their goal.why doesn't he catch it like he used to?now he tries to punch it alkl the time and he either misses or the punch is weak.

as a team though it was pleasing, and if we continue to play like that we wont go down.

I agree with all of that. Although i'd say Morrison just about deserved the MOTM award, with Amankwaa and Paynter a close 2nd.

Two points dropped, but onwards and upwards!!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:02:01 »

despite the miss kanu was much better than macca.the sub was the right one.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:04:12 »

today showed exactly why we're going down and will be playing in L2 next season.

We played well, we were the better team, we created lots of chances, we limited them to very few chances, we hit the woodwork twice, their keeper made some good saves

Bottom line is, we still didnt win.

Down.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:07:42 »

Good performance and result, however the cunts should have had at least 4! Kanus fancy back heel wouldve connected on a lucky day but thats life
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:07:48 »

I quite enjoyed that today. Shame one of our numerous close chances didn't go in for the win.

Also

http://www.herecomestheboss.com/images/news/lg_balamory_archie.jpg
Sonic Youth.

don't be cruel Sad

i wouldn't be seen dead in pink or a kilt.

i thought we played very well today, couldn't fault anyone. we deserved three points but as discussed fluffed too many good chances. if we continue like that, we'll start picking up points... sadly, we're far more likely to go backwards than forwards.

robson-kanu is very frustrating to watch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:09:56 »

despite the miss kanu was much better than macca.the sub was the right one.

In your opinion. More robust, but no delivery again in mine. Plays like he thinks he is better than he is.

I think DV has it spot on (For once Smiley )
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:11:58 »

Kanu plays for himself and not the team.  I'd like to see Marshall again though.  Does anyone else think that from long range he looks like a Mini Mr T?
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:23:00 by Luci » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:12:14 »

Also, Brez gave them their goal - nearly another one to.

I had this thought that maybe Malpas fucked up the contracts and our players are on a draw bonus?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:13:01 »

Arriba hates MacNamee!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:15:48 »

In your opinion. More robust, but no delivery again in mine. Plays like he thinks he is better than he is.

I think DV has it spot on (For once Smiley )

of course it's my opinion.one i think the manager shared today too.
macca's ball retention wasn't anywhere near as good as kanu's,and he repeatedly lost his pysical battles.macca has a better delivery for sure but i think kanu was the better player today.

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:18:18 »

Arriba hates MacNamee!

not at all,just didn't perform well today.

marshall was getting bollockings from wilson as he was all over the place postionally too.wilson gave up in the end and threw his arms in the air in despair
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:18:28 »

of course it's my opinion.one i think the manager shared today too.

I still reckon Reading only pick up his wages if he plays the full 90.

Other than that we'll have  to disagree.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 18:19:30 »

Did O'Hanlon get slated?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: