Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Way to City?  (Read 7358 times)
Spud

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 23, 2006, 19:00:33 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
I dont think im going unless someone i know is driving, ive got to work the night before and i aint getting the Train at 8:30am.

I'll be getting a later train now. Prob the 9am one!  Wink

After yesterday you can stick it.
mattyswinboy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 24, 2006, 08:22:34 »

i rele cant be bothered to go now but will go neway

img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa222/mattyswinboy/collage1.jpg[/img]
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 24, 2006, 12:09:43 »

Leave the M5 at Junction 18, travel along the Portway (A4) following signs for the Bristol Airport/Taunton (A38). Over the swing bridge (Brunel Way), branching left into Winterstoke Road, and you will see the ground on your left. Parking at the ground is for permit holders only, so it is a case of finding some street parking.

For a map showing the location of Ashton Gate click here (to take you to the Street Map website).

To go to a simplified page, containing the directions and pub info, which you can print out click here.
Top Of Page

By Train
The nearest railway station is Parson Street which is around a ten minute walk away from the ground. However few trains stop at this station so you are more likely to end up at  Bristol Temple Meads mainline station instead. This station is at least two miles from the ground and hence too far to walk, so best to jump in a taxi (around £6). Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter City supporter adds '"don't try and walk it from the station unless you really have to and then allow at least 3/4s of an hour for the journey". Chris Davis says; 'there are buses which leave from behind the Atyeo Stand at the end of the game which go to the centre of Bristol and Temple Meads Station at a cost of £1. Although predominantly for home fans, away fans could also use them'.
el duque

« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 24, 2006, 15:11:00 »

Quote from: "Compo"
Leave the M5 at Junction 18, travel along the Portway (A4) following signs for the Bristol Airport/Taunton (A38). Over the swing bridge (Brunel Way), branching left into Winterstoke Road, and you will see the ground on your left. Parking at the ground is for permit holders only, so it is a case of finding some street parking.

For a map showing the location of Ashton Gate click here (to take you to the Street Map website).

To go to a simplified page, containing the directions and pub info, which you can print out click here.
Top Of Page

By Train
The nearest railway station is Parson Street which is around a ten minute walk away from the ground. However few trains stop at this station so you are more likely to end up at  Bristol Temple Meads mainline station instead. This station is at least two miles from the ground and hence too far to walk, so best to jump in a taxi (around £6). Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter City supporter adds '"don't try and walk it from the station unless you really have to and then allow at least 3/4s of an hour for the journey". Chris Davis says; 'there are buses which leave from behind the Atyeo Stand at the end of the game which go to the centre of Bristol and Temple Meads Station at a cost of £1. Although predominantly for home fans, away fans could also use them'.

I think that it would be quicker to go down the M32 and go through broadmead to get there... provided you don't get lost
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 24, 2006, 16:13:59 »

As someone who works in Bristol everyday, M32 is the best route but jsut be careful of the roadworks in the centre...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 20:20:18 »

Might have to grab a taxi I suppose from Temple Meads
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 20:27:39 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"

Its walkable distance to corn street (where all the pubs are). Come out the train station turn right. Its all signposted from there. Walk it in quarter of an hour.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
mattyswinboy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 20:35:44 »

u best be right cos i ent gunna make it if its more  Beers

wot pub we taking over then?

img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa222/mattyswinboy/collage1.jpg[/img]
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 16:42:47 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Quote from: "reeves4england"

Its walkable distance to corn street (where all the pubs are). Come out the train station turn right. Its all signposted from there. Walk it in quarter of an hour.
But if I am going to get there at 2.15 I will have to head straight for the ground which is 2 miles away, which I reckon would take about half an hour
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: