Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luton Away  (Read 8728 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:14:27 »

Scunny will bring about 500 and total gate will be above 8k. World cup effect  Wink
kerry red

« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:16:08 »

Yep. Things are flat. Not much of a feel good factor amongst the fans.

But a few good performances will change that - that and some fucking signings!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:25:26 »

7000 is a bit optimistic Reg, it's holiday season after all.

That said, with season tickets down and walkup prices still relatively high you may have the same point come September.

The club has lost the buzz. To me that's inevitable due to the cost cutting.

From a playing point of view it feels like we are back to pre-Fitton levels now. Let's hope off the pitch doesn't go the same way Smiley

Last season we only had one sub 7000 gate v ColU on a particularly dank Tuesday night in Feb.   First game of the season on a Saturday, you should always get a bit of bounce, which usually then departs after a couple of poor displays or results.

If we're getting fewer than 7000, then it'll be a major worry, especially if results are patchy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:46:30 »

I recall a game in our 1st Div 4 season, it was around the festive period, and may have been an evening KO...Scunny like us were going well, and they had a number of proper good lads in the Shrivenham Road, old skool banter about the merits and demerits of Steve Cammack.  Julian Broddle's sexual orientation may have been a topic as well.
Steve Cammack was a cracking player, used to score loads of goals, several against us.

I remember the 0-0 draw with Scunny on a cold Tuesday night in 84 not long after Macari had taken over, less than 3,000 there with about 20 from Scunny when the fog came down and we couldn't even see the edge of the area from the Town End yet the game carried on for the full 90 mins even though we could only see the keeper at our end.

That game there was one of the first outings of "Lou Macari's Red & White Army" chants that carried on from the Town End to the SHrivvy Road stand for a full 15 minutes non stop, we had to entertain ourselves as we couldn't see fuck all on the pitch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:49:37 »

Last season we only had one sub 7000 gate v ColU on a particularly dank Tuesday night in Feb.   First game of the season on a Saturday, you should always get a bit of bounce, which usually then departs after a couple of poor displays or results.

If we're getting fewer than 7000, then it'll be a major worry, especially if results are patchy
Didn't we have 5,500 odd season ticket holder last season though? so that means probably about 1,500 walk ups/away fans.

Not sure how many season tickets we have sold this year but I am sure its not more than 3,000 so a few sub 7,000 gates must be expected if results don't all go to plan, certainly with so many long distance away teams this season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:55:59 »

Didn't we have 5,500 odd season ticket holder last season though? so that means probably about 1,500 walk ups/away fans.

Not sure how many season tickets we have sold this year but I am sure its not more than 3,000 so a few sub 7,000 gates must be expected if results don't all go to plan, certainly with so many long distance away teams this season.

It was about 5000 and they are all counted even if the holder doesn't turn up. It's likely we had a few gates less than 7000. It certainly looked emptier than that at times.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 19:07:08 »

Scunny have never had a large away following at Swindon, I would be shocked if they brought any more than 450.

They only took more than 500 to 2 away games, Mansfield and Chesterfield last season, both of those are around 50 miles from Scunthorpe.

They have sold the 250 and are going for on the day sales now
Obv didnt think they would sell too many more so never asked for more advanced
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 19:34:16 »

I'm going to Luton as it's easy to get there from work, I'll probably skip Crawley as it's a pretty expensive month with 3 home games.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 13:44:17 »

I'm going to Luton as it's easy to get there from work, I'll probably skip Crawley as it's a pretty expensive month with 3 home games.

What time train are you getting? Trying to work out if it's better to go from London Bridge or St Pancras.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 13:56:49 »

What time train are you getting? Trying to work out if it's better to go from London Bridge or St Pancras.

17:22 from Blackfriars Langers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 14:41:06 »

I will probably get that same train but from St Pancras as long as I get away from work in time.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 14:58:34 »

I will probably get that same train but from St Pancras as long as I get away from work in time.

I stupidly bought First class tickets for the train so will be sipping free champagne with the toffs*

*Only some of this statement is true
« Last Edit: Monday, August 11, 2014, 15:30:54 by Bob's Orange » Logged

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 15:09:49 »

To be honest with first capital connect, I would consider it first class if the train actually turned up Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 11, 2014, 15:32:16 »

Amen to that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: