Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Allen New Cheltenham Manager  (Read 2786 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 15:09:53 »

Oh goody! another reason for me to hate Cheltenham!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
glos_robin

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:33:53 »

See they beat Rovers tonight.......we're still the only team not to score against them in the league mind.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:35:14 »

See they beat Rovers tonight.......we're still the only team not to score against them in the league mind.

So? We scored against the mighty Leeds Cheesy
glos_robin

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:39:37 »

If Cheltenham go above us in the league that is where I will completely draw the line on Malpas. Cheltenham is my benchmark for shitness.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:42:45 »

Manager in winning first game shock.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:46:56 »

If Cheltenham go above us in the league that is where I will completely draw the line on Malpas. Cheltenham is my benchmark for shitness.

Meh, honeymoon period.

glos_robin

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 21:54:35 »

Ah you try living round all the Cheltenham/Liverpool and Cheltenham/Arsenal supporters life becomes hell. I kind of fear us ending up a bit like them............they are acknowledged as one of the best ran clubs in the country never taking any risks which is what Fitton wants but in return for this they struggle in this league and really struggle to attract players. 
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 20:53:38 »

Surely they struggle in this league because they get fuck all supporters because they were historically a very small team, thus they get fuck all money and can do fuck all else to progress beyond what is a very lofty perch for them in reality?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 20:54:49 »

Surely they struggle in this league because they get fuck all supporters because they were historically a very small team, thus they get fuck all money and can do fuck all else to progress beyond what is a very lofty perch for them in reality?

battling between leagues one and two is their natural position based on support.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 21:22:58 »

I wouldn't say they have fuck all money, Simon Keswick has a fair whack however this money is not being put into the club...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/article3759058.ece

Simon Keswick and family

RESULST FOR 2008
Ranking: 98=
Worth: £780m
Source of wealth: Finance

Keswick, 65, the low-key tycoon with strong Hong Kong connections via the Jardine Matheson trading house, also sits on the board of Cheltenham Town football club. The family has a stake in Jardine worth £694m and Keswick is a key director. Jardine’s activities range from retailing and car sales to insurance, hotels and other property. We add £66m for assets, including the sale of a stake in the Robert Fleming merchant bank.

RESULST FOR 2007
Ranking: 93
Worth: £760m
Source of wealth: Finance
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 22:31:10 »

thus they get fuck all money.  They live within their means largely, and their means (earned) are not great. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 07:21:56 »

I wouldn't say they have fuck all money, Simon Keswick has a fair whack however this money is not being put into the club...
Right, so as Rob says, "they" ie the club don't have that much money. Whether one of their directors has a pot load or 50p is immaterial if he doesn't choose to put it in he club.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 18, 2008, 11:42:49 »

Right, so as Rob says, "they" ie the club don't have that much money. Whether one of their directors has a pot load or 50p is immaterial if he doesn't choose to put it in he club.

Exactly....and knowning a Cheltenscum fan he says that Mr Keswick hates to spend money and wont back the new manager with funds, they are a club living exactly in their means without exceeding budgets.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: