Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon People.  (Read 11200 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:02:36 »

Thanks for That Lee, It's interesting reading even though apart from the CG I know very little about The places mentioned. It's good that Part one and two are so different, A local radio man and Town supporter and a lady MP who names gardening as her hobby. Looking forward to hearing from the ex Town player in part three.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 22:26:19 »

I'm breaking from my more regular role of persistent lurker to actually make a post to say Cheers Leefer, looking forward to the rest.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 15:57:36 »

Hi all,so victim number three this week is Sally Carter....SAS Sal to most,has been doing a good job with her other half for over ten years now with away travel to the Town matches.
Must say after many years not doing coach travel i went a couple of times last year with SAS and would urge you all to give it a go if you fancy a change from packed trains or maybe you want a break from driving.
So many thanks Sally for taking part in Swindon People.

Question...

1...CAN YOU TELL US YOUR FIRST AWAY MATCH WITH SAS TRAVEL, AND HOW MANY AWAY TRIPS HAVE YOU ORGANISED TO DATE?

I first traveled with SAS in 2002 and became co organizer in 2005.
To date we have organized travel to 214 away games.

2..ARE YOU FROM SWINDON AND WHEN DID YOU START SUPPORTING SWINDON TOWN FC.?

I was born and bred in Swindon and started supporting Swindon just after i started college in Swindon in 1983.

3..IN YOUR TIME INVOLVED WITH SAS WHAT MATCHES HAVE INVOLVED TAKING THE MOST COACHES TO AN AWAY MATCH?

In my time with SAS we took 62 coaches v Millwall in the Wembley playoff Final and 54 coaches for the JPT Final.
We also took 20 coaches to Fulham in the FA Cup and 14 coaches to Millwall in that playoff season.

4..WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THE CLUB AT PRESENT,GOOD OR BAD?

In my opinion it is important to get behind the club regardless of who is in charge.
As we are all aware managers and players come and go while us the fan base remains permanent.

5..CAN YOU TELL US WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE,AND THE BEST BOOK YOU HAVE EVER READ?

My favorite book is The Godfather and my favorite cheese is Dairylee Triangles!

6..ON A PERSONAL LEVEL WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE TOWN PLAYER,AND MANAGER?

My favorite player has to Stefani Miglioranzi,and my favorite manager is Glenn Hoddle.

7..DO YOU LIKE SWINDON AS A PLACE TO LIVE OR IS IT JUST THE TEAM YOU LIKE?

I have ever only lived in Swindon so must like the Town,the football is very much an added bonus.

8..WHAT IS YOUR VISION FOR SAS TRAVEL IN THE COMING YEARS?

The vision is simple,to take as many fans away and keep it as cheap as possible.

9..HAVE YOU A MEMORY,GOOD OR BAD THAT YOU REMEMBER AS AN AWAY DAY FIASCO?

The only time we have missed a match was away to Carlisle last year,after a fatal accident on the motorway meant traffic was at a standstill.
We missed the first 30 minutes and listened to it on local radio.

10..IT IS YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH,WHAT WOULD BE YOUR FAVORITE FINAL MEAL AND WHERE IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU LIKE TO EAT IT?

My last meal would be fish and chips in the wrapper with plenty of salt and vinegar,and i would love to be sat on a beach in Hawaii to eat them.

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 16:09:39 by leefer » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 16:00:08 »

Is that an Oxford cheese? (3 sides)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 16:08:20 »

Is that an Oxford cheese? (3 sides)

Like it,just to add that the ex Town player scheduled for this week is away on his hols at present i believe....plenty of different people in and out of footy coming up anyway.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 17:13:52 »

In my opinion it is important to get behind the club regardless of who is in charge.
As we are all aware managers and players come and go while us the fan base remains permanent.

Happy clapper!! Amen to this though!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 17:31:28 »

How long have SAS been sole providers?  Back in the day there were two competing with each other as I remember it.  One lot had Barnes the other Silver Knight.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 17:45:28 »

Think SAS use Barnes still...then use others if needed on big awaydays.

Not sure if they are sole providers....though i think they are these days.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 18:05:28 »

I remember getting the bus with mates on an evening from west Swindon to go to the ground to book for away games. This was before sas but I think sal was involved with it.
Office used to be in the arkells where the programme shop was. I'm sure most will remember it and used to do as I did.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 18:43:02 »

Dairylea triangles. Sal, where did it all go wrong!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 20:17:16 »

How long have SAS been sole providers?  Back in the day there were two competing with each other as I remember it.  One lot had Barnes the other Silver Knight.

Remember years ago going on Rimes coaches - they were the one the town used - circa mid 70s
DMR

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 20:20:59 »

I had no idea Sally Carter was a very good ex player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 21:19:59 »

Remember years ago going on Rimes coaches - they were the one the town used - circa mid 70s

Don't suppose anyone knows much about the old Rimes coach firm do they. I have memories of a Mrs Rimes that lived a few doors up from us in Ciren, whose son Malcolm was involved in coaches in the 80s.

Now its probable the they have absolutely no connection whatsover,but thought I'd ask.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 21:38:35 »

Don't suppose anyone knows much about the old Rimes coach firm do they. I have memories of a Mrs Rimes that lived a few doors up from us in Ciren, whose son Malcolm was involved in coaches in the 80s.

Now its probable the they have absolutely no connection whatsover,but thought I'd ask.
Had an office on Commercial Road in the 70's. Went bankrupt,. In their day they pretty much had the local market sewn up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: