Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dog Attack.  (Read 11302 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:23:45 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/toddler-mauled-dog-attack?newsfeed=true

When the hell is this going to stop happening.

Of course it is not the animals fault but it really needs sorting and the law made so unless you have the right facilities to keep these horrible so called pets then you cannot keep them.

These morons who keep these dogs need to be made aware that it isn't fucking big or hard mauling little kids faces. Angry

stfcinbmth

« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:31:02 »

Just heard that on the radio. Terrible
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:39:01 »

There's a bloke around where I live who goes for walks with his dog, not on a lead. The other week my mrs was coming back home, with our 16 month old, only to see this bloke actively encouraging his dog to go for one of our cats. Not sure what kind of dog it is, but obviously this has worried me a bit, as if that dog went for our little one, well it doesn't bear thinking about.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 15:33:52 »

As I'm one of these "morons" as indeed every owner of "these so called pets" must surely be. I don't know the circumstances of the attack and won't speculate,any dog could have done this though.

/
W56196272
DRS

« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 15:41:45 »

Bit i was concerned about is why a child so young was playing in a alleyway.Hope the lad is ok.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 16:29:48 »

As I'm one of these "morons" as indeed every owner of "these so called pets" must surely be. I don't know the circumstances of the attack and won't speculate,any dog could have done this though.

No one is speculating....its fact a dog has mauled a young child...high chance it was a staffy or such like.
As you say all dogs can flip..most dog owners are carefull...fact is the nasty breeds should only be allowed to be kept by responsible people who have the nouse to be able to handle them

Cannot remember the last time i heard reports of a poodle or labrador causing such injuries to be honest.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 17:00:08 »

No such thing as a nasty breed, just nasty owners.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 4, 2012, 17:10:21 by arriba » Logged
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 17:59:04 »

it was a pitbull i think, the kids fine now though, the dog on the other hand was put down.

any dogs can do this to a kid. when i was young i saw a jack russell bite the end of a kiddies nose off. ive seen labs, german shepards even cocker spanials bite people before.

end of the day dogs bite, some do it because thats how there brought up and some do it because there bloody animals
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 18:04:21 »

*they're

(sorry)

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 18:35:12 »

Every time there is an 'attack' and the dog involved is a bull terrier my heart sinks. It means more of these fine animals will be abandoned and looked apon as devil-dangerous dogs by some people. A dog is a dog is a dog and will behave how it is treated. Staffies are lovely dogs and great with kids but it doesn't surprise me when they attack as they are often owned by utter cretins who mistreat them or encourage them to be aggressive.

The breed is well known for its devotion to its owner and often the aggression is in an attempt to please its master who may have encouraged it to go for things. Other occasions can be due to its mistreatment. For instance when a dog is hit by its owner it could then see a child put its hand out towards it and think it will hit it.  As the child is smaller than the owner the dog then goes for the attack in what it thinks is in its defence.

Staffies are seen as status symbols for chavs who shouldn't own any dog regardless of its breed and are to blame for why they are seen in a negative way. If the chavs choice of dog was another breed then that would be the one in the news.

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 18:35:39 »

No such thing as a nasty breed, just nasty owners.

Agreed, I think they should re-introduce the dog license and get the dogs microchipped. Possibly even make potential owners do a test before owning a dog.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 18:39:08 »

Before I got my last dog I did some research into which dogs would be best in families with young kids about.

Was surprised to see staffies high up on the list.
DRS

« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 18:39:13 »

Agree with arriba.I don't see how the having a license will make a difference though.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 18:41:48 »

Every time there is an 'attack' and the dog involved is a bull terrier my heart sinks. It means more of these fine animals will be abandoned and looked apon as devil-dangerous dogs by some people. A dog is a dog is a dog and will behave how it is treated. Staffies are lovely dogs and great with kids but it doesn't surprise me when they attack as they are often owned by utter cretins who mistreat them or encourage them to be aggressive.

The breed is well known for its devotion to its owner and often the aggression is in an attempt to please its master who may have encouraged it to go for things. Other occasions can be due to its mistreatment. For instance when a dog is hit by its owner it could then see a child put its hand out towards it and think it will hit it.  As the child is smaller than the owner the dog then goes for the attack in what it thinks is in its defence.

Staffies are seen as status symbols for chavs who shouldn't own any dog regardless of its breed and are to blame for why they are seen in a negative way. If the chavs choice of dog was another breed then that would be the one in the news.

This.

Now, ain't that just like me?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 18:46:00 »

I'd welcome licencing,i'd also make it compulsary to have the owners details on the animals collar.

@Flasheart. Known as the nannie dog due to its devotion to kids.
All the reputable dog charites-kennel club etc recognise what a great breed of dog they are.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: