Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Olympics thread  (Read 191671 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 21:25:29 »

I blame the welsh
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 21:27:08 »

After a day like today, I really couldn't give a flying one about the footie. 

Agreed.  Hence the reason why we only all knew what was happening because BBC1 went direct to it live following the athletics!  I can't imagine many people actually watched the game?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 21:31:40 »

After a day like today, I really couldn't give a flying one about the footie. 

See that's why I hate the British football idea even more. No one really gives a fuck about the British team yet, despite what anyone says, we have just given the corrupt untrustworthy bastards at fifa a precedent of a British team. Can't say how happy I am that no Scottish players were involved.  Having said that I expect the welsh wouldn't give a shit if an English and Welsh side appeared in years to come. So if Wales disappears from the international map, good.
lambourn red

« Reply #468 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 21:32:07 »

Without doubt the greatest day in British sporting history watched all 6 gold medals live just captivating television and there is still another week left
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 21:34:34 »

That's all I'll say on the footie, as it shouldn't detract from the rest of the day. Great day in British Olympic history.
Flashheart

« Reply #470 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 21:37:52 »

According to the Beeb, today was the most successful for Britain in the Olympics for 104 years.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #471 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 21:57:50 »

Don't care about the football, shouldn't even be an Olympic sport.

Brilliant day
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:03:41 »

Guess I picked the wrong evening to go watch Ted! bring on the highlights.

Go out by penalties....again !!!

FFS! Was hoping for a GB v Brazil semi-final as I'm at Old Trafford Tuesday. Ah well, seeing Brazil is better than it could be.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:09:09 »

I'm really happy we're out of the football, but not cos of the British Team idea.

Compared to the sporting drama we've seen today, I reckon football is basically pretty shit entertainment which is only interesting if I really,really want one side to win. Given the incredible commitment and dedication athletes have to make for a fraction of the money that footballers get, footballers really aren't fit to lick the boots of most proper athletes.

Maybe I'll change my mind after a few games, who knows,,
Coca Fola

« Reply #474 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:14:05 »

I don't normally get really patriotic about Britain but tonight I felt something.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:16:00 »

I'm really happy we're out of the football, but not cos of the British Team idea.

Compared to the sporting drama we've seen today, I reckon football is basically pretty shit entertainment which is only interesting if I really,really want one side to win. Given the incredible commitment and dedication athletes have to make for a fraction of the money that footballers get, footballers really aren't fit to lick the boots of most proper athletes.

Spot on mate!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:28:09 »

I agree with you. But for a lot of people it was the only way to get anywhere near the Olympics.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #477 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:29:54 »

Really good point
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:36:12 »

Well I'm glad you guys are happy about the Olympics.

I'm happy South Korea beat Great Britain WOOHOOO.

Now to beat Brazil and Japan in the final.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 22:44:08 »

Football takes a verbal battering everytime there is a great moment in other sports. Come September most of the critics are talking football non-stop and cannot remember the name of the long jumper who took gold.

The majority of us only see the final seconds/minutes of years of hard work therefore we witness the BIG moment and nothing else. In sports like football we witness pretty much everything over a season - the good, the terrible and everything in between.

Footballers are athletes, they work hard to get where they are.

Personally I think it's sad that we always have to compare every sporting moment with football. We help fund the mega-wages.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: