Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portsmouth Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50033 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:38:43 »

For those who dont bother with that old jollop please expand.

Why do you want to know if you can't be bothered with it?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:39:08 »

Just got in and saw the result on the way home from footy. Having listened to the first 30 minutes it seemed like it'd be a night where we regretted our missed chances. Delighted to see a win - even if it sounds like we made it difficult for ourselves. Only outside the play-offs on goal difference now after 7 games, which I'd have gladly taken had you offered it at the start of the season.
Dozno9

« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:39:10 »

For those who dont bother with that old jollop please expand.

Can't see anything other than:

@luke_rooney: Great result away from home tonight! Top boys!
@AFlint4: good luck to the boys tonight!! massive game against a massive club.
@AFlint4: well done to the boys hanging on for the win!! massive 3 points.
Dozno9

« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:39:58 »

Oh, Batch already did it.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:41:23 »

Just got back from the game (live in Soton)

Deserved the 3 points and could have been more were it not for their goalie (he ended up getting man of the match)

Passed the ball very well and never really looked in any trouble (except the last 5 or so minutes)

Thompson will struggle against better teams.  His positional play was poor and a better winger for Pompey would have done more damage.

Was impressed with Rooney when he came on, held the ball up well.

Williams played well and took his goal well.

Only concern is that Benson appears to be our only natural finisher.  

Pompey were poor though, so not really reading to much into our performance.  Job done though and you can only beat whats in front of you

Flashheart

« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:43:38 »

Deserved the 3 points and could have been more were it not for their goalie (he ended up getting man of the match)

4 points?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:47:50 »

Why do you want to know if you can't be bothered with it?

I dont see your point. I have no interest in twitter, but I do in Rooney and Flint.
Dozno9

« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 21:54:02 »

Get yourself on it Sutton. Try it, you might like it...
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 22:08:22 »

Get yourself on it Sutton. Try it, you might like it...

Maybe he has real friends
Dozno9

« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 22:17:21 »

I have both, I'm really popular.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 22:26:25 »

I dont see your point. I have no interest in twitter, but I do in Rooney and Flint.
I concur with this point of view.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 22:31:52 »

Just got home.

Echoed what Stefpol said. Passed the ball around well and could've been 5 up at half time. Ritchie had two men on him everytime he got the ball. Thompson was ok but I feel that he is defensively naive.

Wes made two great saves towards the end and PDC went mental when Jay Mc passed it back to him and Wes' clearance hit a Pompey player and almost went nt.

Our defence looks very shakey and we are going to be punished - something needs to change.

Fair play to Pompey who are a club in tatters but could have very easily got something from the game.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 22:34:43 »

Incidentally, that's 4 points from 2 games in which the other team's keeper has got man of the match.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 22:36:52 »

I was out all evening and had no idea of the score until I got home.  I've just read through the whole thread and I'm quite glad I wasn't around to listen to the radio tbh.  It all sounded rather stressful at times, especially when we were hanging on at the end.  Good 3 points and pleased that Williams has scored.  Still a lot of chopping and changing with the team going on and it will be interesting to see who starts against Bournemouth on Saturday.  I can see at least 3/4 changes being made.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 22:59:23 »

Just got back. Good turnout from Town. Weird game - should have been 3 or 4 up by HT and then added a couple more early on. Miller missed an absolute sitter. Apart from a 10 minute spell in the 1st half until 80 minutes that was the biggest shitting on I've seen us give a team in a while. Then the last 10 where defensively we were complete dogshit. they hit the bar, hit the post, Wes made some good saves and then they score. Portsmouth were utter shite unril the last 10 and we could very easily have thrown away a game we had up to then completely dominated.
I couldn't really see who played well as the view was utter turd.
We really need to sort this defence out because better teams would have taken advantage. We also need to bury teams when we get the chance.
But I suppose its Swindon. We don;t make life easy and PdC was going absolutely bananas on the touchline.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: