Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Portsmouth Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50049 times)
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:07:18 »

Been to Fratton Park twice and seen us lose 5-2 and 4-1. Not great memories. for noise per fan they are number one in the country for me, so should be a great atmosphere. I fancy us to win 2-0, Matt Ritchie double against his old club.

What pubs are people going too? Was just before I was old enough to drink when I went there last so no idea on the best pubs and looks like there are plenty to choose from looking on football ground guide.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:07:34 »

'I dislike di Canio' used to be 'Red Frog', I think.

Until my username was hilariously hijacked by some power-hungry mod. Would be quite happy to go back to what I was, but the system throws me out every time I try to change it.

Now, what was that word for people who abuse positions of authority to impose their will on others?  Wink

Anyway, pauld doesn't appear to dislike di Canio much at all any more.

1-1 draw. My first ever prediction.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:09:19 »

Really looking forward to this, found out my Dad is working in Portsmouth today so convinced him to come to the game so I now get a lift back  Smiley

I think it will be a tough game, they have some very good players. 2-1 defeat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:10:43 »

Until my username was hilariously hijacked by some power-hungry mod.

[url width=20 height=20]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/jelence_2009/Smiley/hitler.gif[/url]
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:24:49 »

Gutted I can't make this one as I'm off back to uni on Saturday and need to save my money for freshers.

Anyway, had Pompey down for relegation before they signed all these players on one-month contracts. They're definitely doing better than I expected but, as expected with so many new players, they're inconsistent. We should be looking to win. 2-0 Town.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:41:59 »

Just when his doubters think he'll never get one, he'll score a beauty - and then unveil a new goal celebration which will become known as The Locomotive (as a nod towards Swindon's railway heritage).  And after this, he'll be unstoppable.  Like a runaway train.

If he does i'll be well chuffed.

(Sorry)

Think we'll start to see a turnaround in form now, we'll win 2-1 tonight and go on a 12 game unbeaten run.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 09:49:33 »

I think we'll win 2-1, goals from Benson and Ritchie...we'll take 1400 as well!

#VivaKenBarlow!
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 10:31:02 »

2-1 Swindon COYR

Hopefully Troy will start and we see a more solid back line with no mistakes that have proved costly in the past few games.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 11:25:51 »

If we can manage to take our chances tonight I fancy us to score a few, I think we will take a couple so I'm going for a 2-1 win. Wanted to go by train but then saw the return to Westbury would take 9 hours and 3 mins ( seriously ) so am now going to drive.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 11:42:50 »

Got a feeling we'll win by 3 goals today.

Going to say a 4-1 win, with Williams getting a brace.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 11:50:29 »

Anyway, pauld doesn't appear to dislike di Canio much at all any more.
I still feel exactly the same way about the man and his appointment as I always did. But I try to leave it as read in order to be able to participate in discussions on the team without precursing everything with a "Even though I don't think he should have been appointed". There are still many interesting areas of discussion in watching the team (and indeed the man himself) evolve under his management even if you don't especially like him being there.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 12:08:44 »

Hopefully TAH and Roberts get a start.

Theoretically this is a great opportunity to get the first away win and a clean sheet would be nice.

High expectations of a 2-0 win for us
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 12:30:07 »

2-1 win after coming from behind.

Roberts and Williams the goalscorers
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 13:40:31 »

Having lost a last home game (Portsmouth 1-2 Walsall), the statistics are more often proved right that a draw is the next home result. I will take a draw, but by that adage a draw against Bournemouth is also on the cards. Would like to be proved wrong and get wins in both.

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 13:41:17 »

I still feel exactly the same way about the man and his appointment as I always did. But I try to leave it as read in order to be able to participate in discussions on the team without precursing everything with a "Even though I don't think he should have been appointed". There are still many interesting areas of discussion in watching the team (and indeed the man himself) evolve under his management even if you don't especially like him being there.

I am glad pauld is still here.  His post which effortlessly mix serious with light hearted humour make me chuckle!

When Paolo leaves and we get a new manager, who maybe will not have such a colourful background, I will carry pauld back into the county ground upon my shoulders ..... It will be like the returning of the messiah!

Oh ...... I am only 5'9 and rake thin so depending on pauld's dimensions I may need to rethink some of that!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: