Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46715 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:07:28 »

We have a decent set of players, I don't think Williams is the man to get the best out of them as manager.

Can't believe people were chanting for Power out, ridiculous considering some of the previous owners we have had.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:12:17 »

Cardiff are currently showing what a new manager can do.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:14:43 »

Cardiff are currently showing what a new manager can do.

They are indeed, 4 new experienced signings helped them too though!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:20:02 »

They are indeed, 4 new experienced signings helped them too though!
Yes I see he's signed some free agents
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:22:27 by corner » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:22:34 »

No, out of contract players he signed.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:41:33 »

Williams (and perhaps Embleton, I don't know) need to go, not Power.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:42:51 »

Then, surely, Power has to take some blame for this. Recruiting small, lightweight midfielders is down to him.

If his sole objective is making money no matter which division we are in he does deserve some criticism
If his sole objective is making money he is making a piss poor job of it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:46:48 »

It's all very well saying we have no leaders, but how could a leader lead if even they don't know what to do?
Yet we apparently knew what to do mid week? To those who went to both games what changed, were Rochdale shit or us shit today?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:50:40 »

Stupid chanting for Power to go - he will go when he decides to, ie when a takeover offer is on the table, which may be a long way hence!!  Back to the game, we started slowly - as opposed to the Rochdale game - very lacklustre until we gifted them the opening goal, but a fabulous opportunist effort!  Not sure how long the CG pitch actually is but Furlong gave it away just inside our half and the guy took it well.  He also took his second goal well, amazing piece of skill.  We had no game plan, apart from Kasim to go round in circles and pass sideways eventually.  We were second best to most balls, and in our efforts to set Nathan D. away kept hitting it long, straight into the heart of their defence who had a fairly easy game today.  Williams didn't what to do, just sat down in the dug out and watched it unfold after the second goal.  Poor, poor Town.  And Rodgers voted mom must go down as a piss take!!  Delf put in one hell of a shift and deserved that award.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:52:04 »

Yet we apparently knew what to do mid week? To those who went to both games what changed, were Rochdale shit or us shit today?
We started much quicker on Tuesday and Tom Smith was snapping at them from the start, we didn't bother to close down or press at all today.   Rochdale were shit on Tuesday and we were shit today.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 17:55:26 »

We know our players find it difficult to do 2 games in a week, and we know our players struggle with the physicality of Div 3.

Also winning the odd game while losing a few is classic kids team style....it might very well get us down to Div 4, but at least the management can adjust tactics etc with this in mind.

I can remember PdC saying at this level teams struggle to win back to back home games on a Saturday and Tuesday and mentally they are more switched on for an away game. That was with experienced players and we've got kids.

It's finding that 7/10 performance each week that marks out players who do well in the game. Interesting comments from Chalkie White post match about fitness and players not living in the town so spending too much time on the motorway and not feeling part of the town.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:10:20 »

Just got in.

Haven't read back.

A new low.

Missed the game on Tuesday through work but heard great things from the lads....was looking forward to today, after all Walsall haven't won away.....

At half time I went outside the TE for a puff and thought....Well that was a fluke goal...we created a few openings, I think we will be ok.
How fucking wrong was I?!

Two things for me...

One of the worst performances I have seen for a 45 at Swindon for many a year.

The second goal was an utter embarrassment......how the fuck can a professional football defence at any level be unlocked by a 45 yard ball over the top to a fucking midget who whilst unchallenged, places home a simple side foot finish?!

He should of been awarded man of the match....we never got close to him all game. He was superb.

Rodgers winning MOM must of been a piss take.... Not the worst player of the game more fitting, I enjoyed his 10 yard drive into the dug out at the end....sublime.

Maybe it was the players that let us down today, rather than anything else. Why not? Everything else seems to have gone wrong. That sort of display requires the team to come in tomorrow morning for training. Dogshit.

Listened to the ironic cheers and chants from the TE.....it saddens me.

The anger has gone for me now.....I just laughed and fucked off for a pint....it seems a lot of fans have given up already.

Another shit gate, even after Tuesday's heroics..speaks volumes.

We ARE in a relegation fight.....with a team with NO fight.

If we finish 5th from bottom it will be a result.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:15:53 »

We started much quicker on Tuesday and Tom Smith was snapping at them from the start, we didn't bother to close down or press at all today.   Rochdale were shit on Tuesday and we were shit today.
This is the thing, I cannot believe that Williams said to them 'just let them play, no pressing, stand off' today so why do we one day and not another? It's like Hodgson getting the blame for England's players being unable to string two passes together?

Either he cannot motivate them, or they are just not fit enough, although if it was lethargic at the start it's unlikely the latter?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:17:28 »

Yes. Which is why I'm not going to tell the man to get out of my club, because he hasn't actually done anything.

Fine to postulate on here, actually chanting at games to get rid is too far imo. I don't know how to put it more clearly than that.
Don't disagree. Personally thought the chants were ill-considered/misdirected. However, I can understand the frustration and understand why some of it is directed at Power as the business model he employs, while sensible for where we are, to some extent dictates what we see on the pitch. Add in the widely held suspicion that he has more than a hand in the style of play too and you can see why he is the target of the chants. But I agree with whoever said earlier that "Power sort it out" would be more appropriate
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:24:01 »

Either he cannot motivate them, or they are just not fit enough, although if it was lethargic at the start it's unlikely the latter?
Suspect it's a bit of both. If he talks to them in the dressing room anything like he talks on the radio, that's not going to inspire any one. The analysis is reasonable, but it's all calm dry as dust analysis, nothing to motivate or inspire. And he's way too ready to make excuses for players. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a Di Canio-style tearing strips of players in public, that's just stupid, but you can go too far the other way. If you keep making excuses for players, they start making excuses for themselves and then they're beaten before they even step on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: