Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46715 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:17:22 »

I do agree that we need to get behind Power, there are no rich people going to buy us, we have to work to a sustainable model now.

That said, How are we going to get new fans when the product is so dull and results are consistently so poor?
Very much this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:20:39 »

Lukey boy fronted up yet?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:22:04 »

Who's knocking Power? It's the manager and players who are not up to it. You honestly expect fans of any club to keep quiet after witnessing such utter crap as we have recently.

Who's knocking power? The people shouting "we want power out", maybe?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:23:19 »

Seen a couple of diehards lose their shit today.  There is massive disdain amongst the fans. We need an experienced manager asap.

I don't think a change of manager will make any difference what so ever TBH. I've seen enough this season to see the current batch of players just aren't capable of stringing more then a couple of wins together.  Individually we have some good players but they lack experience & consistency  and it's clear they need a leader on the pitch.
Have nothing against Thompson but he isn't a leader and these players clearly need guidance once on the pitch.
Flashheart

« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:25:11 »

I don't think a change of manager will make any difference what so ever TBH. I've seen enough this season to see the current batch of players just aren't capable of stringing more then a couple of wins together.  Individually we have some good players but they lack experience & consistency  and it's clear they need a leader on the pitch.
Have nothing against Thompson but he isn't a leader and these players clearly need guidance once on the pitch.

People were saying the same before Ling arrived.....

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:25:31 »

Who's knocking power? The people shouting "we want power out", maybe?
That's been the response to shit form for ever and a day. Blaming fans is just cuntish.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:28:09 »

That's been the response to shit form for ever and a day. Blaming fans is just cuntish.

Then call me a cunt.
Like I said, I don't have a problem with opinions. But when you're actively chanting at a game you want to get rid of him you've gone too far. Save that for the Diamond mikes and the Oystons of this world.

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:28:49 »

People were saying the same before Ling arrived.....
Maybe but watching today's match the players looked like they didn't know what the fook they were doing and had know direction at all. These players are pretty young and I just think they need someone on the pitch to give them a bit of guidance and give them a lift when the chips are down and as much as I like Thompson he doesn't do that
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:31:02 by RJack » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:29:03 »

I'm all for people voicing their discontent, but chanting that they want the owner out is idiotic.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:30:13 »

I'm all for people voicing their discontent, but chanting that they want the owner out is idiotic.
Agree I'd rather have Power than no club

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:32:46 »

Then call me a cunt.
Like I said, I don't have a problem with opinions. But when you're actively chanting at a game you want to get rid of him you've gone too far. Save that for the Diamond mikes and the Oystons of this world.
Obviously, you do have a problem with some fans' opinions. Do you honestly expect, and want, fans to quietly accept what's happening on the pitch? Would you prefer 'Williams Out' or just to go meekly home with a shrug?
Flashheart

« Reply #116 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:33:07 »

Maybe but watching today's match the players looked liked they didn't know what the fook they were doing and had know direction at all.

Which makes me think the right manager could fix things on the pitch.

I'm still fairly confident that we could have a decent season, provided Power doesn't take too long to make whatever changes  necessary.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:34:12 »

Exactly. I've still got my orange hat, and what I was protesting against wasn't "we keep playing the ball backwards and I hate this tippy tappy stuff". It was more IF THIS CARRIES ON WE WONT HAVE A CLUB.

Obviously, you do have a problem with some fans' opinions. Do you honestly expect, and want, fans to quietly accept what's happening on the pitch? Would you prefer 'Williams Out' or just to go meekly home with a shrug?

I'd prefer fans to get behind the team who are obviously trying.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:35:04 »

Because for once we have an owner who isn't trying to fuck us over financially
As far as you know, so far. Do agree though, that we don't seem to have a queue of people waiting to replace him. Equally, people are entitled to say when they're pissed off
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 16:35:13 »

I'm surprised that some of those chanting today manage to get dressed in the morning but we all have to acknowledge something has to change.

Williams is to blame for the lethargic and low-tempo approach and Power is to blame for a failing recruitment policy. Perhaps, 'Power sort it out' may have been better.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: