Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Realistic ambitions  (Read 5943 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 12:45:58 »

We are playing catch up with the side not yet complete or ready to have a charge at promotion. Di canio has experimented in every game so far. If this settles quickly and the team more or less picks itself then we should still have enough time to be pushing. The longer it goes on the harder it gets. Worryingly a few of the new sigings don't seem good enough imo.

On sundays showing the keeper,one centre back,left mid and both in the middle were not good enough. Our new forward options look positive though. The lad who came on left mid looked decent as he went at the defender rather than a simple pass inside. Happy with the full backs, Flint and Ritchie.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 12:49:38 »

I just want us to play our wingers on their natural sides .....
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 12:56:09 »

Why though? it's not a massively big deal if they don't Ritchie is more than capable from there he cuts inside and gets his shots off, Gabilondo maybe not as he may as well have had his left foot amputated going by Sunday but Esajas is more than capable down there, he faded in the 2nd half but 1st half I thought he looked good.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 13:05:45 »

Esajas is more than capable down there, he faded in the 2nd half but 1st half I thought he looked good.

how many times did he run at their right back?  how many crosses did he put in the box? a flid with one finger can count that for you
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 13:27:28 »

Arriba you do talk a lot of sense when it comes to football in particular. Easily the most realistic and objective views on Sunday's game and your team's situation in general.

Di Canio needs to finish his experimenting in the next few games or you'll be playing catch-up big time, or worse.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 13:33:05 »

how many times did he run at their right back?  how many crosses did he put in the box? a flid with one finger can count that for you

I dont mind them cutting back inside every now and then but not all the time!

I just think there were times in the second half the Oxford centre backs could choreograph what the wingers were going to do, and set themselves accordingly because hardly ever did a wnger of ours get to the byline and ping it in from there.  Maybe they should look to switch wing during games to give the full backs something different to think about?
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 13:41:35 »

Best to have wingers who are able to play both sides, and can switch throughout a match.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: