Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 1784 ... 3982   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9111741 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26700 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 13:20:13 »

I'm with Batch re Turnbull.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26701 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 13:21:35 »

yeah, maybe I'm grumpy.

I agree with Brown on the we need. if you need more of a ball playing centre back he's a better fit.

All I remember is weak header, average everything else on a good day.

then again Stephens is playing in the premier league...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26702 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 14:52:51 »

I don't know why, because he looked proper shit at times, but McGivern gives me a sense that decent player is in there.  Could be very wrong based on the available evidence, but hope is always a savage mistress.

Mansfield chucked cash around last year and Flitcroft screwed it up for them.

The defence was an area we started to see signs of improvement, meaning, as it often is at this level, it is down to systems and how they are asked to play rather than individual brilliance.  Flitcroft kept messing about with the defence, I don't think it helped them.  Brown issue is the other way I think, we looked a better team under him but seemed incapable of putting the ball in the net.  The midfield is crucial for me - the wide players especially.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26703 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 15:51:04 »

I don't know why, because he looked proper shit at times, but McGivern gives me a sense that decent player is in there.  Could be very wrong based on the available evidence, but hope is always a savage mistress.

The defence was an area we started to see signs of improvement, meaning, as it often is at this level, it is down to systems and how they are asked to play rather than individual brilliance.  Flitcroft kept messing about with the defence, I don't think it helped them.  Brown issue is the other way I think, we looked a better team under him but seemed incapable of putting the ball in the net.  The midfield is crucial for me - the wide players especially.

I'd agree with all of that except for me it's obtaining a decent CDM - to allow creativity to flow for a CAM/No.10. We have players who can put balls into the box (Knoyle & Taylor can do that is advanced roles), Keshi and Woolery should be able to have this drilled into them. If someone like Ferrier does sign, he will have the opportunity to knock in 6yarders every week (a la Paynter PO Season).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #26704 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 16:09:48 »

14 wins in 21 games.

No, 12 wins in 21 games.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26705 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 16:15:01 »

No, 12 wins in 21 games.

15 in 26 games in all comps.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #26706 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 17:04:40 »

I also think there is a decent player in there and the times I saw him he looked a bit lost.

Fatty Evans screwed it IMHO, he should have had the Stags firmly in the top three, Flipflop just put the icing on the cake.

I agree Flipflop pissed about too much, not always when he had too. It seems to me that Brown doing what’s prudent, Defence first, then build the midfield on that and attack which can be a mixture of attacking midfielders and two out and out strikers. Then again the three areas of the pitch depend on the system and vice versa. The jigsaw puzzle is still in the box, at the moment we have only the picture to look at.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26707 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 18:13:23 »

brown looking at perms ahead of mayo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p068nft3
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #26708 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 18:49:39 »

I have heard the Turnbull rumour from 4 unconnected sources, haven't heard about FGR in for him too though.
why the hell would anyone whose seen Turnbull play want to sign him?!

I'd be happy with Turnbull coming back. Yes he can be weak at heading the ball but he's better than what we have with the possible exception of Conroy. Gives 100% as well
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #26709 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 19:06:09 »

actually, wtf is the rule for the January window.

All I know it's the loan window shuts early in August
I think you will find that its the permaments that shut early August, loans can be signed until the end of the month.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26710 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 20:01:49 »

You're right, apologies. (9th Aug for perms)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26711 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 00:44:20 »

Legends, just a tip mate...

...before you post, click on preview to check that you haven't left your message (as I have for e.g) in the quoted brackets. Unless that's your intention obviously.  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #26712 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 07:12:10 »

...before you post, click on preview to check that you haven't left your message (as I have for e.g) in the quoted brackets. Unless that's your intention obviously.  Smiley
My intention, i’m also a bit lazy.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26713 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:39:31 »

I like Mayo he has a lot of promise but I would prefer a perm signing and if Mayo comes back then he will only be as backup on the bench.

I have faith that PB will find an (x2 maybe) experienced CB to replace Preston.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #26714 on: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 09:44:05 »

brown looking at perms ahead of mayo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p068nft3
I do like the way Brown comes accross in interviews, he has identified the problems and knows what to do to put them right, now he just has to put the words into action.

I also like the small dig at Preston about moving for the money and not wanting to be part of the Swindon team for next season, only having players here who actually want to be here.

Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 1784 ... 3982   Go Up
Print
Jump to: