Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 25923 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:17:49 »

I think it's harsh to put this all on Sheridan. So he gets no credit for the sharp first-half pressing and passing game, but all the blame for giving away the initiative in the second half? This was a typical nervous team with too little confidence to hold their nerve when they started losing their initiative. Sheridan's subs were all sensible, but we needed to try to hold and pass the ball better. I saw signs of improvement in that squad, and I'll take that.

Blaming Sheridan for everything is the easy out isn't it? I don't think he's been great by any stretch but you surely ha e to give him a window to mould his side. Their are glimpses of improvements, yes defensively we are weak, but we have been weak all season. We've got a solid keeper by the looks of things and hopefully Masterson and Conroy can forge a strong partnership.

I reckon Sheridan might lift us out of the relegation zone.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:18:08 »

Sounds like Tyler Smith is going back

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:18:35 »

I think the point is that he's only just bringing in players that can change the situation.

Not overly confident in him myself
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:18:39 »

Possible striker before Plymouth then.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:19:04 »

Sheridan:
- Angry and annoyed
- Pleased to come away with something
- We were 2-0 up and in control
- We cant keep doing it. Having to score 2 or 3 to win
- We could have lost it at the end
- We are short on making the right decisions
- Pleased with the point but disappointed at not winning
- Kept our shape and did the simple things
- Started game well. Hope took goal well
- Wanted to counter attack
- Two good goals on our part
- Should manage the game better.
- Getting fed up with shouting on the sidelines to tell people where they should be
- Shez gets a headache every week. His is the only voice you can hear
- Knew we would come under pressure.
- They have 4/5 good strikers
- Not upset with the performance but more with the result
- Freeman hasnt played much. He will get better with games
- Tough place to come. They are favourites to go up
- Joel Grant was very good when on the pitch. But got a bit tightness so came off
- Annoyed we have drawn. More annoyed we could have lost with the last kick of the game due to naivety
- Cant keep having to score so many goals
- Looked good and solid in the first half. Shape was very very good
- They changed their shaape in the second. Would have liked us to be stronger and players getting a grip of it without the manager having to shout at them
- Sorting out all the loans next week. Dont like messing them out
- Looking to bring a striker in by Tuesday
- Dont like leaving Smith and Caddis at home
- Striker will be a loan. So will have to make decisions about other loanees.
- Want to get a permanent striker, but we are going to have to go for a loan
- With only being able to put 5 loanees in then he doesnt like messing loanees around.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:21:39 »

State of these comments, this is a great season to have the fans kept at a distance.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:23:16 »

I only called JBZ a cunt...

Was a lucky point in the end - if we be honest with ourselves. Game of two halves innit?!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:24:04 »

A draw was probably a fair result, and would have taken that at 3pm. Being 2 up it feels a bit flat, especially conceding so late. We rode our luck at times, too, and got some really good blocks in.
Somehow we have to stop conceding two goals a game.
After the early mistake when the hit the post I thought it was going to be like last week. Watch the replay, as I think Travers touched that onto the post.
Two good moves for our goals, and some good breaks, but at times we didn’t keep the ball to take the pressure off.
Masterson looks a good signing - although in think he may have played their man onside for the equaliser.
Freeman needs time to get up to speed. Palmer / Lyden tired second half and didn’t protect the defence as much as in the first half. We also won fewer second balls.
Referee was shocking - some baffling decisions, and inconsistent use of the yellow card (how you can have a foul count of 19 by them, 12 by us and yet we get 3 yellows and they get zero I don’t understand). Also in 3 games this season Pratley has been allowed to foul with impunity.
Like others, I enjoyed the commentary today.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:24:36 »

Sheridan - blah, blah, blah

We’re second bottom, still conceding 2 per game.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:25:22 »

State of these comments, this is a great season to have the fans kept at a distance.

Agree with this. Survival might go down to the wire this season. Far too early for all the drama. Our movements in the transfer market show we're doing more than most to try and get ourselves in a better position. Still 69 points to play before and 1 point from safety.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:26:07 »

Should never have sacked Kingy. Either time.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:26:35 »

A draw was probably a fair result, and would have taken that at 3pm. Being 2 up it feels a bit flat, especially conceding so late. We rode our luck at times, too, and got some really good blocks in.
Somehow we have to stop conceding two goals a game.
After the early mistake when the hit the post I thought it was going to be like last week. Watch the replay, as I think Travers touched that onto the post.
Two good moves for our goals, and some good breaks, but at times we didn’t keep the ball to take the pressure off.
Masterson looks a good signing - although in think he may have played their man onside for the equaliser.
Freeman needs time to get up to speed. Palmer / Lyden tired second half and didn’t protect the defence as much as in the first half. We also won fewer second balls.
Referee was shocking - some baffling decisions, and inconsistent use of the yellow card (how you can have a foul count of 19 by them, 12 by us and yet we get 3 yellows and they get zero I don’t understand). Also in 3 games this season Pratley has been allowed to foul with impunity.
Like others, I enjoyed the commentary today.

My mate is a Peterborough fan and he watched their game against Charlton midweek and said exactly the same about Parley, that he was allowed to get away with multiple fouls before seeing a yellow card.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:36:31 »

90th minute equaliser is always more gutting. 4 points from the last 3 is half decent now we must take points off those around us..
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:38:10 »

Biggest surprise today was not seeing Jonny Smith get any game time at all...obviously, like Curran, he can't have trained very well this week  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:38:57 »

Travers 7
So good to have someone dependable there.

Thompson 6
Did OK. But didn’t influence as much going forward as I would have liked

Masterson 7
After the worst mistake of the game putting their striker through 1 on 1 he handled Anneke really well

Conroy 7
Did really well in the heart of defence in the first half. Looked more shakey in the second.

Freeman 5
Needs to get up to speed. Looked to be running through treacle as the commentators said

Palmer 7
Worked well with Lyden. In total control in the first half. Tired in the second

Lyden 6
Marking him down for missing that chance at the end. Effortless in the first half.

Twine 7
Linked really well with DJ in the first.

Hope 7
Took his first goal really, really well. Another piece of super control before the second. Rubbish after that!

DJ 8.5
MOM. Was everywhere and cause them so many problems with troubling the scorers

Grant 6
Didn’t lose the ball. Didnt take too many chances. Didnt do much in the second half.

Subs:
Payne 6
Ran about a bit, but didn’t really influence

M Smith 6.5
Added a bit of bite and eventually brought Charlton under control until the last 5 mins or so

Pitman 6.5
Hustle and bustle. Put DJ through for a late chance that he should have scored. Best role for him at the moment is last 10-15 mins

Odimayo 8
Very solid at right back. They kept doubling him up and he still did well. Excellent performance from the bench and changed the game a bit. With Freeman still there, we would have definitely lost.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: