Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 25918 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:02:13 »

One of those games that before the game you'd be delighted with a point but after the actual event 2-2 is two points dropped.

Definitely some positives to take from that game. Get Freeman properly match fit and some additional fire power and I think we are good enough to stay up.

Next 3 games are winnable.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:03:00 »

Conceded 2 or more goals in 10 of Sheridans 14 league games and all of our last 6  
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:04:56 »

As I said before the game, Sheridan is doing ok.
Freeman will improve and we will stay up.

After the MK game we had Ipswich Doncaster and Charlton. We got 4 points from that. So close to 6. Who would have thought that back then. Each week we improve slightly. We will beat Plymouth Tuesday.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:05:56 »

Sheridan’s a useless cunt.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:07:12 »

I’m feeling far more optimistic about survival than I was at the end of 2020.

We’ve seen some decent recruitment at the back and if we can get a striker then I’d consider this a successful transfer window.

A win at Ipswich, narrow defeat to a promotion challenger and a point at Charlton - I’m struggling to understand some of the negativity to be honest!

Agree if we can get 3 points on Tuesday. Getting wins against fellow strugglers or not will define our season. Hopefully theyll be battered and bruised after their trip to Sheffield.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:07:21 »

Sheridan’s a useless cunt.

Listen to yourself!!!

We just played Ipswich and Charlton away and promotion hopefuls Donny at home and got 4 points.

Stop being so fucking mental
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:09:20 »

Many predicted a heavy defeat and STFC get a point in the end. I fear that many supporters are losing the plot.

Nothing to see here
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:10:33 »

Let’s do it as a premier league version shall we?

We are west brom. We just played arsenal away. Tottenham at home and Leicester away and got 4 points.

That’s pretty much a spot on comparison
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:10:47 »

I’m struggling to understand some of the negativity to be honest!
I'm guessing, and I may be wide of the mark because it's contraversial, but maybe just maybe being in the bottom 4 and conceding 2 every fucking game is causing some people to get a bit down.

I do think things are looking slightly better though, taking 4 points from 9 would possibly be enough form our next 23 games.

we were lucky with the point today. long may it continue
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:11:08 »

Many predicted a heavy defeat and STFC get a point in the end. I fear that many supporters are losing the plot.

What do you mean losing?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:11:24 »

Had to pop out near the end and missed the equaliser. Frustrating but would have snapped your hand off for a point beforehand. We're improving, still conceding two every game but that might be slightly false because of the tough run. Stylistically we've changed out of sight, don't love the new style but if it keeps us up then job done.

Every new player looks like an upgrade man for man. Bit concerned that M Smith is being wasted in this style but maybe that's unfortunate collateral damage.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:11:55 »

I think it's harsh to put this all on Sheridan. So he gets no credit for the sharp first-half pressing and passing game, but all the blame for giving away the initiative in the second half? This was a typical nervous team with too little confidence to hold their nerve when they started losing their initiative. Sheridan's subs were all sensible, but we needed to try to hold and pass the ball better. I saw signs of improvement in that squad, and I'll take that.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:12:05 »

Clearly feels like a loss after being 2-0 up but this team has only been put together.
Charlton have the budget to bring on subs like Washington and Stockley. Our season won’t be determined on the results like Charlton away.
Lesser teams we are more than likely to have got over the line with that.
Charlton decent coming forward but we gave them so much space and with Kovar in goal would have lost that. Freeman clearly not up to fitness however better options from the bench and another forward we have a chance.
Before game would have taken that, just feels a loss after the time we conceded.
KTF.
Charlton commentary very complimentary about the “Robins” and not biased in any way. Ref gave us nothing.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:13:39 »

One of those games that before the game you'd be delighted with a point but after the actual event 2-2 is two points dropped.

Definitely some positives to take from that game. Get Freeman properly match fit and some additional fire power and I think we are good enough to stay up.

Next 3 games are winnable.
Exactly, feels like a kick in the balls after the first half but as been said at least a dozen times already we would have taken that result at three o'clock,  Back seems a lot tighter, just need a decent goalscorer now.  Looking forward to breaking our Tuesday night jinx and strolling on up the table.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:15:41 »

Listen to yourself!!!

We just played Ipswich and Charlton away and promotion hopefuls Donny at home and got 4 points.

Stop being so fucking mental
And what about the shite in the previous 12/13 games. He should be out the door at any normal club.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: