Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21117 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 11:31:25 »

Carlisle isn't a happy hunting ground for us is it?

At BP

Played 19
Carl wins 7
Swin wins 3
Draws 9

Carl goals 27 Swin goals 17
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 11:35:23 »

At BP

Played 19
Carl wins 7
Swin wins 3
Draws 9

Carl goals 27 Swin goals 17
But 6 of those Carlisle wins came pre 1981, since then it hasnt been a bad ground for us to visit TBH.

Our last 9 visits have been DDWWLDWDD

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 11:40:15 »

Good run continues with an away win of at least 1 but quite possibly 2 goals.  Pint

Bathtime
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 11:48:03 »

A couple of good memories of Carlisle games for me was the FA cup tie in 84 whent hey were in the old League Div 2 and us in Div 4, we took about 1,000 up there for a wet windy January afternoon game when Scott Endersby made 3 brilliant saves to keep us in the cup, we beat them  3-1 at home in the replay.

And the home game with them in 1980 when a young Peter Beardsley ran past Animal Williams, which Animal didn't like after a few disagreements with Beardsley previously in the game.

Animal launched a left hook into Beardsleys back that echoed around the CG, then Gordon Stanforth attacks Animal which starts a massive fight on the half way line ending in Stanforth and Animal both being sent off.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:01:52 »

A couple of good memories of Carlisle games for me was the FA cup tie in 84 whent hey were in the old League Div 2 and us in Div 4, we took about 1,000 up there for a wet windy January afternoon game when Scott Endersby made 3 brilliant saves to keep us in the cup, we beat them  3-1 at home in the replay.

And the home game with them in 1980 when a young Peter Beardsley ran past Animal Williams, which Animal didn't like after a few disagreements with Beardsley previously in the game.

Animal launched a left hook into Beardsleys back that echoed around the CG, then Gordon Stanforth attacks Animal which starts a massive fight on the half way line ending in Stanforth and Animal both being sent off.

kerry red

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:13:17 »

Went to that game on the Football Special a real old bone shaker which had 2 windows put through when another train passed with a door open. Frightened the shit out of me. Sounded like a bomb going off
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:15:49 »

Cracking view from the press box at Carlisle, from Sam Morshead...(I hope the link shares ok)

Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:17:17 »

Went to that game on the Football Special a real old bone shaker which had 2 windows put through when another train passed with a door open. Frightened the shit out of me. Sounded like a bomb going off
Yeah passing Crewe IIRC somebody left a door open on the passing train, luckily I was sat on the seat in which the window got broken before we left Swindon station, only for my mates to have found a seat 3 carriages back so I moved, fortunately for me.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:44:42 »

That's good recall, I don't remember much of the game at all, except a sort of relief to see the CG with a bit of atmosphere, the 8000 crowd being double the league average.....it raised the spirits somewhat that we could still seemingly get a decent gate, having shed about 5000 regulars in a matter of 4 years or so.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:50:32 »

That's good recall, I don't remember much of the game at all, except a sort of relief to see the CG with a bit of atmosphere, the 8000 crowd being double the league average.....it raised the spirits somewhat that we could still seemingly get a decent gate, having shed about 5000 regulars in a matter of 4 years or so.
I do remember it being quite a big crowd on a sunny day.

Not many people took the piss out of animal Williams as Beardsley tried to that day.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 13:02:00 »

1 change, Luongo in for Gladwin.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 13:02:28 »

Foderingham; Stephens, Archibald-Henville, McEveley; N Thompson, Luongo, Cox, Kasim, A Smith; Storey, M Smith

subs: Belford, Branco, Byrne, Gladwin, L Thompson, Pritchard, Waldon

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 13:05:34 »

I do remember it being quite a big crowd on a sunny day.

Not many people took the piss out of animal Williams as Beardsley tried to that day.

Hmmm I remember it being a night game, prob in January, when the CG could be quite atmospheric under lights.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 13:08:39 »

Hmmm I remember it being a night game, prob in January, when the CG could be quite atmospheric under lights.
Cross matches....I meant the Williams sending off game not the FA cup replay which was a midweek in January.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 13:14:42 »

Cross matches....I meant the Williams sending off game not the FA cup replay which was a midweek in January.

Ah I see now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: