Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIXTURE LIST  (Read 2317 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 11:33:13 »

I've just been studying it.Have the league still got something against us?I refer to our midweek fixtures-all but two are away,not only away but fucking miles away!Tranmere,Donny,Rotherham,Chesterfield,Hartlepool and bleeding Scunthorpe.Reduced following for us and also for blokes like me who play Sat football,midweek games are essential viewing.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 12:10:08 »

It also thows up the worrying prospect of long hauls up without overnight stops....club may have requested this, because there's more travelling time for an evening fixture than a Saturday.

A worrying development from the end of last season ws travelling to places like Hull on a Sat...with some players like RE and  SOH travelling independently, for fear that their performance would dip by such along journey before a match.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 12:13:38 »

with your there mate, i need more midweek games as it looks more likely i'll be working most saturdays
Spencer_White

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 12:57:03 »

Is that off the Adver site? Remmember Tranmere away is bank holiday monday as is Scunthorpe. Tranmere should be a decent fixture actually, by Scunthorpe I fear our season will be over, only motivation a new ground. Chesterfield is christmas hols and therefore 3pm, same for Hartlepool (fed up of going to both of those).

I do agree though, Iv not been to Donny, Rotherham and I would have liked to have had a saturday fixture for those two. Definate fall asleep at the wheel danger for both of those.

Not as bad as you feared tho eh?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 13:10:03 »

yeah its only two which are actually midweek and not on a bank holiday, i've booked days off for donny and rotherham, apart from that the fixture list isn't that bad

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 15:59:07 »

Yes but travelling on BHs is even worse methinks,especially down here in Chavdom.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 26, 2005, 16:33:53 »

Quote from: "Johno"
with your there mate, i need more midweek games as it looks more likely i'll be working most saturdays

Don't think you'll last mate.  It used to drive me crazy working saturdays - I last 2 months, and every 5 minutes would run upstairs to ring home and check the score!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 15:15:02 »

That's one hell of a lot of midweek games anyway, despite the fact they are all away! I had better make sure I am available as many Staurdays as possible!!!
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 15:27:10 »

Once again we start the season with an away fixture.grrrrrrr
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 16:27:44 »

To be fair we did take the piss for a bit. In 2000-01 we had Colchester home first game, Peterboro home last game. Then the season after we had that again, Barnsley first game, Luton last. Decent memories from all four of those fixtures.

Id rather be home first game. Def.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 17:01:18 »

What were the decent memories from the Colchester performance Spencer?Oh yeah I remember; Kim Heiselberg's 45 minute Town career!

Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 17:32:58 »

I actually thought we were going up.

Took me 3 full years before I had that feeling again. Thats why it was half decent.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2005, 08:31:56 »

In 2000-01 we had Colchester home first game, Peterboro home last game.

Wasn't that the season with todd in charge?I swear we had stoke away last game of the season ,cause i went and we had stayed up. It was a great day.[apart from the result].

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 16:39:07 »

3,000 Town fans up north for a league fixture.

Top support.
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 18:44:38 »

Quote from: "larwood"

In 2000-01 we had Colchester home first game, Peterboro home last game.

Wasn't that the season with todd in charge?I swear we had stoke away last game of the season ,cause i went and we had stayed up. It was a great day.[apart from the result].

Yeah i remember that cos my mates had a tribute to 'Danny Invincible' by wearing Cork hats  :roll:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: