Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 124224 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 11:40:10 »

Yes, I tried to enter into a discourse with Nick Watkins over the status of my father's shares when he passed away. 

Completely ignored  Angry   

Thank the lord it wasn't Power who pulled such a trick, would have been burning torches at dawn.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 11:40:40 »

I do live in fear that if I ever ended up in court in front of a jury it would happen in the Swindon area where evidence seems little required to make and sustain accusations and guilty until proven innocent is the stock response...

This is getting silly now, I am almost hoping for the return of Audrey.....

Having served upon a jury at the Crown Court I absolutely and completely agree, my fellow jurors had licked many windows.

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 11:47:43 »

Certainly looked to me like Paul Mason's original question was ridiculed and leapt upon.
Nothing new there mind as that's frequently happened on here when a point or question isn't the popular one of the time.
Glad he stuck with it and emphasised his point.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 12:01:37 »

Thank the lord it wasn't Power who pulled such a trick, would have been burning torches at dawn.

Which is why I say guilty until proved innocent...unfortunately, the Fitton regime prepared the ground for the likes of Jedward.

Even the Carson/Wills/Diamond Mike regime was more transparent...and that's saying something
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 12:25:40 »

Certainly looked to me like Paul Mason's original question was ridiculed and leapt upon.
Nothing new there mind as that's frequently happened on here when a point or question isn't the popular one of the time.
Glad he stuck with it and emphasised his point.

This

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 12:27:11 »

Didn't Saint Fitton et al seriously dilute much of the private shareholding, still needs some manner of AGM I suppose.

Actually looking at the last return to Companies House dated last Wednesday, Seebeck 87 have the majority of ordinary and deferred shares by a country mile, with Power and Shah as directors.

Last abbreviated accounts (as required) up to end May 2014 lodged 28th April 2015 - so assume we will see same end April 2016.

The rules were changed around 2010 and due to the club having a turnover of just over £5m, they were termed a 'small company' and don't have to hold an AGM, nor produce full accounts.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 12:50:18 »

The rules were changed around 2010 and due to the club having a turnover of just over £5m, they were termed a 'small company' and don't have to hold an AGM, nor produce full accounts.

I know you can avoid full accounts due to small turnover, wasn't aware it also prevented the need for an AGM? - Learn something new everyday!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 12:59:08 »

Unless their articles say otherwise there is no legal requirement for any private limited company to have an agm

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:06:07 »

So essentially the crux of this is that we are never going to get a full set of accounts apart from the abbreviated ones that get submitted to Companies House.

Therefore those who do not trust Power will never be satisfied (even though I suggest that the vast majority would not understand what detailed accounts said anyway - I know i don't!) and thus this argument will continue verbatim, with every little tit bit on social media being poured over endlessly and anyone who dares to ask for evidence to support anything being accused of being a Power Stooge..... Oh Happy days.
Flashheart

« Reply #309 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:10:35 »

So essentially the crux of this is that we are never going to get a full set of accounts apart from the abbreviated ones that get submitted to Companies House.

Therefore those who do not trust Power will never be satisfied (even though I suggest that the vast majority would not understand what detailed accounts said anyway - I know i don't!) and thus this argument will continue verbatim, with every little tit bit on social media being poured over endlessly and anyone who dares to ask for evidence to support anything being accused of being a Power Stooge..... Oh Happy days.

Pretty much.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:14:20 »

Nothing stops Power to publish full accounts and call an AGM, which the club did until 2011, under the Black regime. Since Jed and Power...Nothing.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:21:06 »

even though I suggest that the vast majority would not understand what detailed accounts said anyway - I know i don't!

Whilst that's true of the likes of you and me, there are fully qualified accountants around these parts that can understand them, and translate them into plain English for us as has happened in the past.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:24:28 »

Nothing stops Power to publish full accounts and call an AGM, which the club did until 2011, under the Black regime. Since Jed and Power...Nothing.

Would you bother (not saying that he shouldn't) but it will cost money to accountants and to arrange and just be an opportunity for loads of people to demand where the money has gone, misinterpret the accounts - Power would no doubt claim that the phone in's serve the same purpose and don't cost the club anything - strangely people are somewhat less demanding to know where the money to do the floodlights or buy Ajose came from?

I have no idea if Power is stripping the club bare, but if he is I cannot see where and there must be much easier ways to make money!

To put some perspective on things I note that with pledges the Trust now estimate that the Red Army Fund will raise c.£10k a year, so that is less that 1/6th of what the club just spent on the floodlights - at that rate its going to be 50 years to pay for the roof on the bank? Nor knocking the Trust in the slightest but ultimately there seems little momentum for fan ownership or an involvement that would make Power have to listen to the fans?

No idea how things move forward so continue as you are......
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:33:23 »

Whilst that's true of the likes of you and me, there are fully qualified accountants around these parts that can understand them, and translate them into plain English for us as has happened in the past.

Indeed - but is Power going to release accounts that show for instance a monthly payment of £2k to Swindon mercedes, or a cash payment of £4m to Swinton Reds or whatever they are called? or will they be vested with all manner of bollocks as accounts always are - what are they actually going to show that will move this matter forward, plus people are so entrenched on each side will it make any difference.

There are so many unanswered questions on either side (funding and expenditure) that frankly are never going to be answered....
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 13:38:45 »

Power can forget getting his hands on the Eady money to kit the new training ground out with.  They think he's a crook and have no intention of letting him near the money.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: