Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leicester Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 44225 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #405 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 18:13:14 »

Great post from the Leicester forum...

Reading the Swindon fans comments here is a refreshing change from the normal opposition shit we normally get. Think Swindon will be my 2nd club now!!!

We've been well behaved, besides they're a nice lot
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 18:32:41 »

Anyone know why I can't log in to Foxestalk on tapatalk on my phone ?

Keeps saying the username/password is wrong when it isn't ??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 18:35:41 »

works ok for me ralphy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 18:41:33 »

It's doing my nut !
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 19:36:17 »

I don't follow how Flint getting punched rules him out of a game.

Do we actually know if he was genuinely injured or if Di Canio made him sit out? If the latter it's not the first time he's fallen foul of Paolo this season
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 19:37:33 »

And their gate receipts have to be split 50/50. No big gate windfall to fund last minute additions to "project promotion".
what's the chance of Crawley having the game switched to playing at Stoke or somewhere in London to give them a bigger purse?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 19:40:57 »

what's the chance of Crawley having the game switched to playing at Stoke or somewhere in London to give them a bigger purse?

I'm sure that the FA would not allow it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 19:41:10 »

not a lot, the FA put a stop to that didn't they? And it was only allowed if the ground wasn't up to league safety regulations if I recall.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 19:44:06 »

That's good then, although as mentioned this game will almost certainly be on tv so they will still do ok out of it. Angry
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 20:35:34 »

Only the second game I have seen this season (via dodgy internet feed).  McCormack was the best player on the pitch by far, his reading of the game was excellent.  Felt we lacked some creativity up front and bite in midfield but that we pass it around excellently and make good use of space.

Just bloody hope now that we can regain focus for the game at Southend on Tuesday and aren't too knackered.

what time was it me old china?

Clems Army!
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 11:16:53 »

I've written the Leicester match report for the washbag, give it a read if you want:

http://thewashbag.com/2012/01/30/leicester-city-2-swindon-0/

See you at Roots Hall!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 14:28:14 »

I enjoyed the game on Saturday. I thought we looked dangerous but without a cutting edge. Mills and St Ledger dealt with everything we through at them sadly. McCormack, Ritchie and Caddis shone for me. I know people thought Risser played ok, but I thought he was shocking, he just seems so slow and lethargic sometimes and I am not convinced about his passing, he had one or two good balls but on the flip side made a couple of shocking passes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 14:50:11 »

I enjoyed the game on Saturday. I thought we looked dangerous but without a cutting edge.

Agreed. Impressed with how competitive we looked overall. Difficult to lay too much criticism on Benson or Connell for the lack of a cutting edge, at the end of the day they are strikers whose ceiling is probably L1/L2, up against two pretty good Championship standard centre halves. Always going to be tough.

Should be plenty of positives to take out of Leicester and every other game we've played against higher league opposition this season. Never seemed out of our depth bar maybe against Southampton.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 17:24:13 »

I'm surprised at the love for Cibbochi - I thought he started poorly, and although he got better for the 15-20 minutes before half time when the whole team dominated overall I wasn't impressed. From what I've seen of Kennedy this year, he has got better and better while Cibbochi has been distinctly average.
And while I can see why Risser is in the team, and the job that he does, our game seems to flow better with J Smith. Yesterday maybe wasn't the time for a free flowing game, but at 2-0 down, I would have gambled a bit and brought Smith on. Nothing to lose then.

Have to mention McCormack though, what a game he had, I thought he was head and shoulders above all other Swindon players. His reading of the game was just sensational and a couple of great last ditch tackles too.

THe Leicester centre backs were just too strong for our forwards, and I think we realised this, hence the number of long range shots. On another day, we would have tested the keeper more and maybe got one back, but despite the stats suggesting otherwise, cant really complain about the result.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 18:50:22 »

There were mongs out in force yesterday.

Some prat had a go at me cos people were telling him to sit down cos they couldn't see. He was so intoxicated he thought I said it.
The people in our row - including kids - couldn't see a thing cost of arseholes standing up in front of us all match. Several people complained to the stewards at half time and they said they couldn't intervene and we could "sit in another seat if we could find one".

All it takes is for them to sit people down from the front backwards - elementary stewarding lesson one!
« Last Edit: Monday, January 30, 2012, 18:53:41 by ReadingRed » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: