Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Average 10 Town players  (Read 6045 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 16:29:01 »

Nestor Lorenzo

You take that back right now!

..never go back.
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 17:45:31 »

Tom 'Jonah' Jones
Ross McClaren
Steve Mildenhall
Steve Cowe

As Dosty said - Steve Finney and Craig Maskell
David Mitchell?

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 18:06:37 »

You take that back right now!

Don't get me wrong...I thought he was amazing.  He made his debut just a couple of months after I started going as well.  But he only made the starting line up 23 times for us which automatically excludes him from anyone's all time Top Ten.  So I put him here on the grounds that he made an impression and that I liked him (per sonic's original post).
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 18:29:28 »

Gabilondo got a medal at the end of the season so he obviously didn't do much wrong behind-the-scenes.

Oh, I wasn't making a comment about him falling foul of his lord and master, more that he rarely made appearances, as, as SY has said, he didn't fit into Paolo's system. I do remember him playing a bit crummy at Crawley away I think, or at least that's how it came across on the radio. Don't know why I remember that, but I do.

He got wayyy more appearances than easyjet though... I don't think easyjet even deserves a place in the crap players list.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 18:30:41 »

Andy Williams(The welsh one) Full international "who played against Brazil!)-meh!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 18:50:36 »

Don't get me wrong...I thought he was amazing.  He made his debut just a couple of months after I started going as well.  But he only made the starting line up 23 times for us which automatically excludes him from anyone's all time Top Ten.  So I put him here on the grounds that he made an impression and that I liked him (per sonic's original post).

You know that wasn't his fault right? He sat rotting in the reserves when we were desperate for a centre half because playing him in the first team would trigger a further payment to his previous club that we couldn't afford. Eventually we had to let hom go on a free.

..never go back.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 19:13:18 »

Never knew that.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 20:05:31 »

I liked Lander and don't recall any particularly poor performances from him,  he just didn't fit into Paolos system
Rovers away.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 20:18:45 »

Gareth Whalley....brilliant for Crewe and i was so pleased when we signed him.

Was awfull......dodgy players who became did well were Brian Wade,Chris Ramsey,and that dodgy Aussie Keeper who was about 4 ft 8......been a long day and cant remember his name.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 20:54:21 »

I'm not sure I've agreed with any suggestions so far. Someone said Chris Hay, he scored 15 goals by christmas in 97/98. If that's average then fuck knows what planet I watch football on.
Dazzza

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 21:24:06 »

Steve the tramp Jenkins, bit mouldy round the edges when he arrived but a solid if unspectacular pro. 

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 22:14:59 »

Gareth Whalley....brilliant for Crewe and i was so pleased when we signed him.

We used to sing "where's, where's, where's, where's Whalley?" every time he played.

We were only teenagers and thought we were fucking hilarious.

Still do.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
animalwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 15, 2013, 14:10:47 »

I'm not sure I've agreed with any suggestions so far. Someone said Chris Hay, he scored 15 goals by christmas in 97/98. If that's average then fuck knows what planet I watch football on.
Chris Hay looked like a Scottish version of Jimmy Greaves for the first few months of his time with us,only problem was it was short lived.
I think average is a fair description of his record here. 

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 15:17:00 »

Difficult to define average isn't it? All depends on the level of the team at the time i'd say.
Take our current side. Those who are regarded as the key current players wouldnt have got near previous sides so would put them below average for that time.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 15:23:01 by arriba » Logged
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, March 17, 2013, 15:31:47 »

Tom 'Jonah' Jones
Ross McClaren
Steve Mildenhall
Steve Cowe

As Dosty said - Steve Finney and Craig Maskell
David Mitchell?

Maskell, Mitchell, Jones and Fat Mac would have looked like world beaters in pretty much every Swindon side for the last 15 years.

..never go back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: