Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JP Set To Sign for 2 years, Smith, Morrison, Kennedy 1 Yr, Bill, Manks to decide  (Read 7182 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 21:03:49 »

We've lost better players than Paynter to be honest-hope he stays tho'

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 21:39:22 »

I hope Macklin gets a one year deal, he's got more potential than Kennedy. If Paynter doesn't sign, then we got this whole finding another striker problem this summer (again).

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 21:57:59 »

Paynter is in a purple patch, and was hit and miss scoring wise until austin turned up. If he does move on would be a mistake on his part, but i'm sure we'd get at least as good in. Same with Ferry, as good as he has been, doesn't score enough, and again we'd get better if we couldn't sign him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 21:58:39 »

I hope Macklin gets a one year deal, he's got more potential than Kennedy. If Paynter doesn't sign, then we got this whole finding another striker problem this summer (again).

but we seem to be pretty good at it tho'-some consolation.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 22:03:38 »

Paynter is in a purple patch, and was hit and miss scoring wise until austin turned up. If he does move on would be a mistake on his part, but i'm sure we'd get at least as good in. Same with Ferry, as good as he has been, doesn't score enough, and again we'd get better if we couldn't sign him.
It's hard to know what the effect of Paynter leaving would be - he works so well with Austin so we'd be looking at replacing a partnership rather than a player. Finding somebody to score 20+ goals isn't too difficult, but we'd need somebody who could create the chances for Austin as well as replacing Billy's goals which wouldn't be easy.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 22, 2010, 07:49:38 »

Not as bad though - we've got Austin and Pericard signed up already.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 11:59:27 »

Smith signed for another two years:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8536418.stm

I'm glad he's staying and all you Smith-haters can fuck off
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 12:07:07 »

I love Phil Smith, just cos we could have been fucked when that cunt Brez got injured and he was outstanding.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 12:17:07 »

Two years, fair play to him.

Things get better but they never get good
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 14:01:31 »

I'm glad Smith is staying, he has been a decent keeper and is an excellent backup to Lucas and this wil lhopefully give him the confidence to push Lucas for the No 1 spot

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 14:35:32 »

not bothered too much about smith.i'm hoping we're in a higher division next year and aint convinced he's good enough.
as it stands he's an able deputy at the moment though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 17:49:10 »

Deadline for Paynter is approaching. If he doesnt sign then he will have to play out of his skin until the end of the season. Wilson will have Pericard in the side the second his performances slip if he hasnt signed.

Very suprised Amankwaah hasnt signed. Wilson has been somewhat of a mentor for him. Hes only ever produced really good form under Danny Wilson (here and at City). I do think if Amankwaah doesnt sign then Wilson wont ask again in the summer.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 18:01:00 »

All that Fitton has said is that after the end of this week, all contract talks will be put on hold
until the summer.He and Wilson want the players fully focussed on the job in hand.None of us
have any idea of the contract offers and whether they are fair and reasonable in our eyes.

If the likes of Amankwaah and Paynter feel that they want to move on,then so be it.That will
have been their choice and they'll have to live with their decisions.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Spencer_White

« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 18:14:57 »

But it also has to be said that players agents do get involved and try to create stories in the hope that fans will pressure the board.

One story about Paynter moving to Rovers in the Bristol media was very fishy indeed, almost certainly planted.

It should be done behind closed doors, with players making their own choices. But in reality that isnt the case, agents leak stories and plant rumours, other so if fans take a negative attitude to how negotiations are stalling with some players then so be it?

From my perspective both of these players have been revived by a top manager. They have failed badly at other points in their careers.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 26, 2010, 18:20:37 »

We are all clearly some what biased but I think both would be stupid to move on.

As Spencer has said, they have both had poor spells at other clubs. In his last season at Swansea Big Kev wasnt even given a squad number.

I hope they are either just ironing out some minor details right now or they both think they can get more money (...and probably rightfully so) off the back of a promotion.

Both players have been in top form, this season but going into contract talks able to say you've just helped get the club promoted must at least increase your stock a little.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: