Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JP Set To Sign for 2 years, Smith, Morrison, Kennedy 1 Yr, Bill, Manks to decide  (Read 7183 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 11:22:34 »

May be in the match day thread but I cant be fucked to look.

Fitton was on the radio y-day and said that JP has agreed a 2 year contract, Morrison, Smith and Kennedy have agreed 1 year contract. Amankwaah and Paynter have until the end of next week to agree a deal or talks will be suspended until the end of the season.

Great about JP but means that perhaps Billy will want to test the market at the end of the season?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 11:27:49 »

After the game yesterday Billy did say he was happy here. I guess he would though Smiley
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 11:41:00 »

Worried about Billy going in the summer tbh. Great news about JP though. If we can get Manks and Billy signed up again then i'll be happy.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 14:29:17 »

I'm hoping the stallers believe we are going up and they can ask for more money in the summer!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 14:52:32 »

I'm hoping the stallers believe we are going up and they can ask for more money in the summer!!
I'm not sure why anybody would want to leave at the moment. Hopefully Billy will sign soon. He's finally becoming very popular and looks great in this partnership with Austin. He's seen for himself that it doesn't work out at every club so hopefully he'll realise he's got a lot to lose should he move on.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 14:59:03 »

Worried about Billy going in the summer tbh. Great news about JP though. If we can get Manks and Billy signed up again then i'll be happy.

I'm not that worried about losing anyone, just look at all the players Wilson has brought in over the last 12 months; Lucas, LJF, Sheehan, Greer, Cuthbert, Douglas, Ferry, Ward, Austin and Pericard - practically our entire 1st team. We'll most likely lose some players over the summer for various reasons but I'm 100% confident Wilson will replace them with players that are just as good or better.

My biggest concern is that we'd pay through the nose to keep someone at the club. We're still fucked financially and need to keep wages under control, pretty certain Fitton will ensure that we do which is good news - even if we have to lose some players.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 19:47:55 »

The buzz around Sean Morrison has faded somewhat so it does his development no harm by staying. I imagine Callum Kennedy is just happy to be offered a deal - he's young, he's been injured but hasn't looked out of place. If Kennedy got released it could go either way - either a 1 year deal at a League Two team or fall into the semi-pro game.

Jon-Paul McGovern is 29, this is the longest stint he's had with a club as a professional and has found form - why risk a move if you can get what you want financially here?

I'd be surprised if Amankwaah didn't sign - I'm unsure about Paynter though. We shall see.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 19:50:21 »

i'm a bit surprised morrison wasn't offered more than a year.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 19:53:56 »

I'm worried that IF we don't go up then Sheehan and maybe Ferry won't sign for us permanently and we could lose players like Cuthbert, Douglas, Paynter etc who would be very hard to replace.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 19:56:14 »

unless it's a significant step up in wages,contact length,or level of football,why would they want to leave?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 19:56:35 »

Wilson pretty much said that Sheehan is keeping his options open in hope that the Championship will call.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 20:00:15 »

Wilson pretty much said that Sheehan is keeping his options open in hope that the Championship will call.

Yes, That's why i said above that he won't sign permanently if we don't go up, Would be a blow not getting him, No disrespect to Lescinel but Sheehan is a much better player.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 20:03:35 »

I'm more worried about losing Wilson than any of the players.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 20:05:16 »

Sheehan can wait for the Championship but not getting in Leeds team and being loaned out to Oldham probably means there aren't too many championship clubs after him.

We are probably his best chance of getting into championship
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 21, 2010, 20:11:22 »

I'm more worried about losing Wilson than any of the players.

I was over the moon when he came here, there was always a good chance he could work miracles and achieve something as he has at other clubs. Would be a massive loss if he went, though he seems happy here and it must be nice knowing he hasn't got to worry about the money side of things.

Anyone know how long Wilson's contract is for? Not that it means much anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: