Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: my xbox is dead :(  (Read 4053 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:11:32 »

The graphics are so crisp and clear in 1080p and the game flows beautifully and realistically.

I am currently completing all events in C class with my Electric Orange Focus ST.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:36:32 »

I want a PS3 just for GT5 too  Cheesy

I've just had a look on Game's website and found I can trade in my Xbox 360 + games for £170... tempting to do that and stump up the extra £100 to get a PS3 40gb.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 17:41:57 »

I won't be changing. There really isn't much in it between the Xbox and the PS3 except the PS3 is so highly priced. Why pay so much more for so little more? And for one game it's just not worth it. 360 till i die  
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 19:52:21 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
I won't be changing. There really isn't much in it between the Xbox and the PS3 except the PS3 is so highly priced. Why pay so much more for so little more? And for one game it's just not worth it. 360 till i die  

The PS3 is a better dvd player by far and is also one of the best Blu Ray players on the market.

Gaming wise, about the same.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 19:55:24 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"

The PS3 is a better dvd player by far and is also one of the best Blu Ray players on the market.

Gaming wise, about the same.

Don't watch DVD's on my Xbox. Just use it for gaming.

Speaking of which. I was in the middle of an online freeburn in Burnout Paradise and mine just froze  Sad Have had to switch it off and let it cool down i guess  :|
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 19:59:48 »

I've heard a lot of people saying that their 360's have been playing up.  One of my mates works in Curry's so he sorted me out with a good deal for my PS3, one of the best purchases I have ever made.  I got COD 4 at the weekend and it is absolutely immense!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:15:13 »

Because the PS3 doesn't seem to break down every 3 months

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:18:22 »

Quote from: "Rossi"
I've heard a lot of people saying that their 360's have been playing up.  One of my mates works in Curry's so he sorted me out with a good deal for my PS3, one of the best purchases I have ever made.  I got COD 4 at the weekend and it is absolutely immense!

Finished the single player mode. T'is indeed good. The scale and detail of the maps is stunning.

I have just started going online with COD 4. I'm shit but you don't get better by not playing. Last night I went on for an hour at 10, went to bed at 1am. Grrrr!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:38:41 »

I love these "what is the better console?" debates. I mean, they're all pretty similar, just get the one that suits your needs best.

My favourite argument is the graphics one. PS3 and Xbox360 are pretty similar in terms of graphics, the HD debate is a con as well - most console games aren't even rendered in HD. If people were that bothered they would realise PCs have offered proper HD resolutions for years and the graphics are now coming up to 2 generations ahead. But hey ho, it's all good marketing I guess, not that it bothers me.

Consoles are great plug and play fun, easy to store in your living room and go through a larger telly alot better than a pc. They're also miles better for multiplayer fun. If I played arcade games a lot more I would probably delve back into the console market too. As it happens I have about 4 or 5 games I haven't even started/got near to finishing, so I can't really justify more expense.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you get what suits your needs more, rather than buying something for some fantasy kudos. These debates are great fun for about 5 minutes, then it just seems fanboy-esque after that.
sonic youth

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:42:54 »

i've just got CoD4 for the PC - absolutely brilliant
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:46:42 »

i just got some COD and chips.

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 20:51:59 »

Quote from: "strooood"
i just got some COD and chips.

Haddock is better, the quality of cod is just so unreliable.
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 22:04:09 »

You can rent mine James!!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2008, 22:09:27 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
that must be a fairly new thing then, all the gumpfh i've read in the warranty booklet say its one year, with an option to pay x amount for 2 years extra. i've officially given up on it now, its still fucking up and i've done all the troubleshooting gubbins.  Crying  hooray for the tech support guys, its gonna cost an arm and a leg ringing them and sorting it out, gitbags.

The warranty was given to people after so many complaints received I believe, so it isn't document

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 3, 2008, 08:51:42 »

Here is supposedly a "Fix" for the three redlights. Fuck knows if it works, don't shoot the messenger.

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mywmubhge2x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: