Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Second ODI,Faridabad  (Read 5041 times)
STFC Village

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 11:49:30 »

In the words of Rich, "We are shit" Sad
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 13:48:11 »

Personally,considering the start we let them have,i thought we did well to stand even a slight chance of winning[obviously not once the Raina and Dhoni partnership was established].We have to remember the inexperience of the bowlers,they are all young, another spinner would have been a lot more handy than all the seamers we played too.
Strangely i still feel kinda happy about our performance :nuts: ,sure we've lost both times but we are playing a damn good Indian side in India and in both games we had our chances to win,its just the killer instinct and bit of luck they need to win is missing at the moment.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 14:44:05 »

Quote from: "larwood"
Personally,considering the start we let them have,i thought we did well to stand even a slight chance of winning[obviously not once the Raina and Dhoni partnership was established].We have to remember the inexperience of the bowlers,they are all young, another spinner would have been a lot more handy than all the seamers we played too.
Strangely i still feel kinda happy about our performance :nuts: ,sure we've lost both times but we are playing a damn good Indian side in India and in both games we had our chances to win,its just the killer instinct and bit of luck they need to win is missing at the moment.

Yes we had a chance in the first game to win until the moment our opening batsmen stepped out to bat.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 16:57:28 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
In the words of Rich, "We are shit" Sad

yes we were! will we ever learn to bat? i think they all should go back to cambridge uni for a proper batting lesson!  Cheesy
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 17:40:41 »

i was so annoyed!!

we didn't get a great score but was a good score still....and to limit them to 102-5 and not win was bad. WHY CAN'T WE BOWL AT TAILENDERS!!! im going to explode.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 31, 2006, 21:31:27 »

dhoni and raina are tail enders. raina is sheer class whilst dhoni has a proven ODI record in the sub-cont
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 1, 2006, 08:49:47 »

well after getting the likes of sehwag, dravid, singh out cheaply you'd expect them to do it for the low order batsmen, and they never do. England change there bowling style when they bowl to low order batsmen, ive seen it. Hoggard one time was bowling bouncers for some reason!!

it happens nearly every game we play in now!!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 1, 2006, 11:49:01 »

don't you think that's because the shine has gone off the new ball and it doesn't swing anymore? so if they bowled line and length every ball they'd get battered so they have to mix it up
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 1, 2006, 13:25:31 »

yeh, i didn't think about that, i agree with varying it up to tailenders, but to be honest, they bowl shit delieveries half the time to tailenders.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 2, 2006, 16:55:00 »

they always try yorkers and end up sending it down the legside  :-))(
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: