Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jolly to the Hawthorns (excuse any namedropping!)  (Read 2406 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 20:15:19 »

Ive just got back from a very weird day.  My mate Max is a massive baggies fan and mates with everyone there, particularly the press officer, so he got us a couple of freebies to the game today.  Arrived and met up and was given our media lounge tickets.  It was really strange.  Spent the hour before the match chatting in the lounge and having a look round. Up into the TV gantry saw phil thompson.  Or phil neal.  Always get those two mixed up.  Ex liverpool.  Massive nose.

Max is also good mates with Adrian Chiles so spent a while chatting to him.  Nice chap.

Anyway watched the matched, dissappointed that ManU Spawnily won it but really enjoyed it, a very entertaining match. Then went for a quick drink after in the players lounge.  Had a very nervous (on my side) chat with Coxy who was very nice indeed.

And to answer the question on everyones lips, he's not a great cheese fan but when pushed will go for a bit of Camembert.   

Never knowingly overstated.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 20:22:27 »

You asked the cheese question, fantastic!!! I thought it was a decent game, sitting with the Man Utd fans was mental though. Enjoyable day.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 20:24:13 »

Did Coxy play today ? what did he play like
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 20:26:33 »

Came on for ten minutes got a very harsh card for diving. He definitely got clipped. Didn't really have time to do anything.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 20:27:55 »

Thought the ref got that decision spot on
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 20:30:53 »

Maybe. We had tvs behind us and i had a quick look at the replay. Seemed to be contact. He said he felt contact.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 20:34:22 »

Looked like he fell into the player to buy a penalty
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:13:19 »

Came on for ten minutes got a very harsh card for diving. He definitely got clipped. Didn't really have time to do anything.
I didn't realise Shane Long had gone to West Brom until today.  Looks like Cox is still going to be down the pecking order, which is a shame.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:46:40 »

I didn't realise Shane Long had gone to West Brom until today.  Looks like Cox is still going to be down the pecking order, which is a shame.

Me neither. His goalscoring record for the Baggies is 1 in 1 Smiley
Dozno9

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:53:52 »

He could do with going on loan somewhere.  Cheesy
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 14, 2011, 21:57:22 »

I should have asked him to come back.  And offered him all the camembert he could eat.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 07:19:27 »

haha he definitely dived!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 15, 2011, 10:29:27 »

I can now link you to your Twitter name!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: