Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Business Venture  (Read 1622 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:35:41 »

I know im gonna get some laughs, but could anyone point me in the direction of where i should start on pursuing a possible business venture.
The extent of my knowledge is a GCSE in Business Studies and a failed A-Level
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:41:52 »

Think of an idea first. Find a gap in the market and then plan on filling it.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:43:25 »

ye, i have an idea, im pretty sure there may be a gap in the market, how do i fill it, who would i speak to etc etc
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:46:29 »

You need a plan in order to raise funds (if you need them) If its a service its pretty cheap to start if its  aproiduct you will need capital in order to buy the materials first (thats harder)

Setting up banking etc is free for new businesses.

If you need a hand I can point you in the direction of where to go and you have my number.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:48:21 »

cheers bushey thought u might be a man in know
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:49:31 »

I can only point you in direction, started a few things now some good some bad but I am not like a branson!

Other good people to talk to would be Mex and sheepshagger

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:51:32 »

good stuff, its still all very much at the start of the pipelline, its just some idea's i had.
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:55:02 »

Can i have a job?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:57:20 »

whats your tea making skills like?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:58:05 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
good stuff, its still all very much at the start of the pipelline, its just some idea's i had.

Always worth exploring it, if you need an office I can sort you a 2 man office for £250 a month in town

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 14:16:06 »

All he's got is an idea and Ash is offering to rent him office space already Cheesy

When me and a few mates tried out an idea we set up an account with NatWest who were quite helpfull and appoint you a personal 'business advisor'.

My advice would be to get everything planned out first. Do all you can without the need for capital, like getting to know your market etc.

Try running your idea past somebody else (obviously make it someone you trust not to steal your idea). I've learnt from experience that your own ideas always seem shit hot in your head, but aren't always so good in practice.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 14:23:54 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
All he's got is an idea and Ash is offering to rent him office space already Cheesy

When me and a few mates tried out an idea we set up an account with NatWest who were quite helpfull and appoint you a personal 'business advisor'.

My advice would be to get everything planned out first. Do all you can without the need for capital, like getting to know your market etc.

Try running your idea past somebody else (obviously make it someone you trust not to steal your idea). I've learnt from experience that your own ideas always seem shit hot in your head, but aren't always so good in practice.

Im an agent what do you expect, ABC Always Be Closing

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 14:24:40 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

Always worth exploring it, if you need an office I can sort you a 2 man office for £250 a month in town

ye cheers ash, i'll take you up on that in a few years time. haha
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 14:47:45 »

whats your tea making skills like?

My tea making skills are brilliant. I can also provide a variety of Sandwiches, cakes and biscuits.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 16:16:39 »

Go on Dragon's Den.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: