Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 49723 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 15:40:44 »

# awaits Walsall video #
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 15:47:00 »

# awaits Walsall video #

This and/or Fenerbahce
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 16:33:54 »

JAF, a god, but only for half a season.

Two halfs but agree about the god comment.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 17:08:28 »

We've had some good strikers in the time I've been watching us (some shit a well) but for partnerships, Shearer and White in the 89/90 season would be hard to beat. I haven't checked but I think they both scored something like 27 goals that season.

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 18:20:08 »

Fully agree with you on that. In my opinion he was the best finisher I've seen in a Town shirt.

Agree...and i have seen many....in the box he is lethal,bumps and all.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 18:42:37 »

Charlie Austin was the first player since Duncan Shearer that when running through one-on-one with the keeper you felt sure he was going to score, and (Wembley Bobble aside) he usually did.

The guy might not be the best footballer you have ever seen, but he did know how to get the ball in the net (a pretty useful quality for a striker).
DRS

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 18:44:50 »

Charlie Austin was the first player since Duncan Shearer that when running through one-on-one with the keeper you felt sure he was going to score, and (Wembley Bobble aside) he usually did.

The guy might not be the best footballer you have ever seen, but he did know how to get the ball in the net (a pretty useful quality for a striker).
Think alot of people are underestimating just how much Austing has improved his all round game.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 18:58:29 »

Fjortoft?
In  my eyes, yes. As for arriba, what you're suggesting is fucking libel, chalkie was given offside because he was so bloody quick off the mark.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 19:23:44 »

Austin is the most natural forward I've ever seen play for Swindon. Similar to Owen and Shearer, general all round play might not have be the best but an ability to be in the right place at the right time and able to finish consistently. Though I think Austin's all round game is a lot better than he is given credit for.

Put Austin in an Arsenal shirt and he'd score 30 goals a season. Couldn't say that about Cox, Fjortoft or Parkin.

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 19:26:19 »

Shearer is the most complete striker I've seen in a town shirt. Tap ins screamers bullet headers, he did the lot.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 19:34:08 »

Postman Dunc was quality.  Could have been an established premier League force if he'd stayed.

Anyway -- Charlie was a dream.  Always hoped we find a player like that from non league etc, shame he left so soon.  Just as well I didnt name one of my kids after him -- came close to happening.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 19:51:54 »

Anyway -- Charlie was a dream.  Always hoped we find a player like that from non league etc, shame he left so soon.  Just as well I didnt name one of my kids after him -- came close to happening.

I named my cat after him. Well sort of. He was already called Charlie but we kept it. Changed his brothers name though so that must mean something.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 20:38:20 »

It's a shame he tainted his career with us but Mooney was a great forward as well, played the partner role better than Paynter did despite not scoring as many goals
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 20:41:36 »

Favourite Mooney memory was in the Springbok at QPR, lots of slap caps and copious amounts of "we love you Mooney 'cause you've got no hair, we love you Mooney because you're everywhere....".

He was pretty handy on the pitch, shame he wasted it all by going to the piss stains down the 420.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2013, 22:13:56 »

White was such an untidy player to watch,wore his shorts upto his chest, had no grasp of the offside rule yet still scored shit loads and worked his nuts off. A true great? no, But a cult hero for sure.

I am sure I heard him talking about Macari coaching him, by which he went on to describe how Macari had agreed he was technically rubbish so he should just get in the box and hit it more often.  Sometimes, that is all you need of your forward.  Andrew Cole being a good example of a player I loathed as being a bit shit, but he bloody scored loads still.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: