Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22366 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:56:38 »

I’m listening with Crewe Comms. They are thoroughly confused about the Swindon performance and can’t believe how open we are at the back.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:56:50 »

Too many games in too short a time, too many injuries and players returning to fitness.

Yup, that's pretty much it. Frustrating to watch but I'm not going to go writing off players on the back of that, felt like watching injury time in a cup match or something in the second half.

Sheridan needed to do more tactically to help us defend the lead. Not much on the bench to help, but just putting Broadbent back would have helped. Main culprit for the collapse in my view, but limited resources.

We do not have a game next Tuesday. It's a Christmas miracle.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:59:34 by Nemo » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:57:39 »

everyone that impressed against oxford were invisible tonight.

I say this every time we play Crewe. massive soft spot for them, such a good team to watch and a ruthless passing team with a fantastic DNA. maybe they just always play well against us!

we were tired yes but at 2-2 it was a matter of time and we didnt change anything. the least kids on the bench can do is run so instead of letting those tired senior pros play yet another 90 mins just bring on all 5.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:58:43 »

what a wank second half

every man and his dog could see that needed shuffling pdq after half time
Crackity Jones

« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:59:26 »

The team look done in.  Kovar left horribly exposed by the tired  midfield/defence. He kept the score down with some good saves.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:59:38 »

It's all very well making the odd save when 4-2 down, but it might be nice not to be beaten at the near post, not to spill the ball saving to the left, not watching the ball curl into the right and not slipping and ducking under the ball above your head!

Caddis was ripped a new one, but that was because Payne was offering him no help.

Donahue struggled with pace against him. Grounds criminally stood off for the curler!

Grant and M Smith looked knackered. Worst game in a Town shirt for M Smith.

DJ obviously not fit.

T Smith was poor. But why replace him with Stevens, who I don't think touched the ball! If you are going to put Parsons on the bench then give him a chance with a target man!

Oh, I can't be bothered!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:06:15 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 20:59:43 »

Every club has the same number of games. We’ve just got too many injuries - and pick up even more every single game.

Must be a reason for that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:00:23 »

Yup, that's pretty much it. Frustrating to watch but I'm not going to go writing off players on the back of that, felt like watching injury time in a cup match or something in the second half.
Nor me, just too many mistakes at the back again, you can argue till blue in the face where the problem lies, midfield protection, poor defending by the centre back or fullbacks being skinned or individual mistakes by defenders/keeper, the point still stands, we can't defend.

Give Crewe credit they saw both our fullbacks weren't at the races today and punished them.

Take nothing away from Crewe's performance.

We looked tired.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:00:52 »

Every club has the same number of games.

Not quite true of November, we were making up games from our Covid cancellations.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:04:48 »

It's really unfair to blame Sheridan or that team for this. We've been playing twice a week for a month. We have an entire first 11 out. His reasons for the formation, the starting 11 and all the subs are obvious, and I can't see what he could have done differently. The only option he didn't try was putting Conroy on, and I assume that must be because he's not really worth risking.

If you're seething at that loss, you either haven't been paying attention, or you don't understand football.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:06:54 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:07:11 »

It's really unfair to blame Sheridan for this. We've been playing twice a week for a month. We have an entire first 11 out. His reasons for the formation, the starting 11 and all the subs are obvious, and I can't see what he could have done differently. The only option he didn't try was putting Conroy on, and I assume that must because he's not really worth risking.

If you're seething at that loss, you either haven't been paying attention, or you don't understand football.

Have no problem with the starting formation, the starting XI or even the identity of the subs, but we shipped four consecutive goals with no tactical changes. During that time we had a serviceable centre back up front. It's not about the identity of the subs, it's that he waited so long to make them when everyone could see that legs had gone.

I'm not seething, but I think Sheridan takes more blame than the players for that turnaround.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:07:17 »

Horrible to watch that 2nd half after a reasonable first. The signs were still there though when we were in front, Powell had Caddis toast and they were able to play dinked balls onto the penalty spot at will without any sort of marking. Had Porter been a few years younger he'd have probably grabbed a couple too.

The only shining light for me was Payne who was everywhere until he ran out of gas (although he left Caddis exposed he was out only real attacking threat). I thought Kovar should have done better with the 3rd and no fucking idea what happened with the 4th. Making some good saves after that is neither here nor there when the game is gone. Don't want to single him out when there are so many issues with that defence and the squad overall.

We have downgraded in every position from last season and that only ends one way. It's a long old season and we just have to hope there are a few teams more fucked than we are.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:07:48 »

No seething from me. It is what it is. Think we'll just about be better than maybe 5/6 other sides this season.

It was an evening at the Alamo for Kovar.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:07:59 »

That was 45 minutes too many for most of the lads tonight. Shame as they started brightly with the 2 goals and maybe if Caddis had headed out for the first goal we conceded and we made it to half time 2 up we may have got a draw out of it. That said, we were genuinely knackered all 2nd half and they could have had another 5 but for a few decent saves and some poor finishing. A little realism required with the amount of games they’ve played and the wafer thin squad with all the injuries. At least after this Saturday they have a free midweek for the first time in a while, need some bodies back to be able to rest some of the older legs.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 21:12:05 »

Horrible to watch that 2nd half after a reasonable first. The signs were still there though when we were in front, Powell had Caddis toast and they were able to play dinked balls onto the penalty spot at will without any sort of marking. Had Porter been a few years younger he'd have probably grabbed a couple too.

The only shining light for me was Payne who was everywhere until he ran out of gas (although he left Caddis exposed he was out only real attacking threat). I thought Kovar should have done better with the 3rd and no fucking idea what happened with the 4th. Making some good saves after that is neither here nor there when the game is gone. Don't want to single him out when there are so many issues with that defence and the squad overall.

We have downgraded in every position from last season and that only ends one way. It's a long old season and we just have to hope there are a few teams more fucked than we are.

Payne was a threat in the first half. Yep, agree he was everywhere. But, he looked knackered after 55 mins. He then offered little tracking back. Said at the time we should have taken him off (while at 2-2) and put Haines up top while Broadbent dropped back into defence. I think Odmiayo would have covered the threat at right back.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: