Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon v Posh matchday thread  (Read 26262 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:24:50 »

I have no idea about the game, all I will say is I'm SO FUCKED OFF with our wanky defence, it's driving me up the wall. Thank god for Cox's goals and our half-decent forwards or we'd be halfway to L2 by now. FFS sort these goals out we're conceding so so so so so so so so many costly goals at bad times.

Yeah these wonder strikes are really down to bad defending.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:29:17 »

Yeah these wonder strikes are really down to bad defending.

I agree Bhaji but we seemed to jog back from attack on the build up?

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 23:30:22 »

I agree Bhaji but we seemed to jog back from attack on the build up?

We were nackered by the looks of things. I would have used another sub if I was Bryne. Probably Easton. But that's just me.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 00:00:27 »

I left five minutes early so in my eyes that was a good 2-1 win Cool

Peacock was shit. Pook was ok, not as good as he has been recently. would like to see him and easton line up together, especially if easton can re-discover his form from last season.

MC Govern had his best game i've seen from him for a long long time. heres hoping he can keep it up, as my mate said he was ace saturday too. Phil smith looked a little dodgy at times, never look totally confident with him in t'nets.

Our first goal was pure skill. One of the best team goals i have ever ever seen. After that though we were second best if anything. They always looked dangerous going forward, and when we got the ball we were clueless most of the time. Paynter was wank, but i think peterbrough figured out both our strikers fairly early on, and we didnt really adapt to it.

On the face of it another point against a play-off pushing team isnt the end of the world, but i would rather see a new manager in a lot sooner rather than later. ANd through sheer laziness on my part, could someone tell me why morrison and corr were both left out. Ta xx

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 00:03:46 »

injured & knackered
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 00:05:10 »

Was corr the injured one? Makes sense for both i guess

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 00:06:27 »

Was corr the injured one? Makes sense for both i guess

Yeah Corr was injured.
DMR

« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 01:34:47 »

9 conceded in the last 4 league games isn't it, something along those lines, plus cup games... they can't all be screamers.

1 clean sheet this year? Again, not all screamers?

dell boy

« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 01:43:28 »

Very poor game tonight, just makes we wonder why teams like Peterboro are so far up the league, not sure if they were sucked into our level or not, but they were definitely hoof ball.
I'm very worried about our caretakers managers decisions at present - Paynter was not having the greatest game this season but why take him off, we are at home ffs, go out and win the fucker, not try to protect a slender league, memories of Bristol come straight to to mind?
To me it was obvious that Peacock was not fit, totally unable to even challenge for the ball, not only that he was total shyte.
Pook had a great first half and along with Timlin I thought they stood out.
Cox seemed to lose complete interest with the game until he scored.
Smith in goal, he scares the life out of me - is he scared of crosses, maybe a vampire.
I wasn't that good when I played but I'm sure I could keep Kanyuka out of any side, he seems to have a five second delay before he acts.

Well off to Walsall on Saturday and looking forward to only my second away game of the season, 2-2 seems a fair bet.

What has happened to Corr?
Why didn't we put another forward on?
We are 1 point off relegation ....

Time for bed methinks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 07:57:36 »

Paynter was not having the greatest game this season but why take him off,

What has happened to Corr?

Why didn't we put another forward on?

We are 1 point off relegation ....

Because last night he was even less effective than Peacock was up front. The midfield was struggling so Nalis could have replace Peacock or Pook - but I think it was the right call as Paynter was having one of those games and was a passenger.

Corr has a slight calf strain - not worth risking,

We could have gone for it, but we were 2-1 up and looking like we would hold on. With hindsight maybe we could have had another striker, but I don't think the situation warranted it at the time.

1 point off relagation - the price for 4 draws in a row. The worry is that this is a good unbeaten spell for us but we aren't climbing the league. If we now lose a couple we are really in it. That said I am quite calm at this stage.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 07:59:42 by Batch » Logged
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 08:03:24 »

Can't see any criticism of McNamee. I thought he contributed very little all night, and wouldn't have agrued if he had been subbed for Joyce.

He's failed to kick on from the start of the season for me, definitely a luxury player. On last nght's performance I'd pick JP as our wide man instead, how times change !

We've got an important run of games against sides not so high in the table - vital that we pick up some wins against those around us.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 08:10:26 »

Can't see any criticism of McNamee. I thought he contributed very little all night, and wouldn't have agrued if he had been subbed for Joyce.

Yes he was shit. Actually Byrne mentioned he was a frustrating player, but one that can win you games in the blink of an eye. #Which is why he was left on I suppose.

Has he lost his pre season form, is he being marked too well, or are we not getting the ball to him?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 08:12:30 »

I haven't read most of this thread so forgive me if it's already been discussed, but I'm not having any of this "oh well, it was a last-minute wondergoal" stuff.

1. J. Smith should've closed the player down and never let him get a shot away from such a ridiculous position.
2. P. Smith shouldn't have been caught so far off his line...again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 08:16:35 »

1. J. Smith should've closed the player down and never let him get a shot away from such a ridiculous position.
2. P. Smith shouldn't have been caught so far off his line...again.

Both points are true, but come on - how many shots are attempted from that position and how many of those hit the target? I think you are being a bit harsh on the Smiths.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 08:18:59 »

Think I was at a different game from a lot of you...

Cox was pants all night. He was blowing out of his arse after 5 minutes and spent more time arguing with the officials than running back on side, most disappointing game I've seen him play.

Jack Smith- Looked like he was playing in slow motion for most of the game.

Peacock - absolute shite.

Aljorfree & Kanyuka - Shit me up everytime someone ran at them (Although, tbf, it's the same whoever we play in central defence).

Nalis - If we're losing the game in midfield, why bring the bloke on? We needed a ball winner, not a luxury central midfielder.

Macca - when he was given the ball, to his feet, he did ok. He relies on service.

P.Smith - Why he gets the amount of critiscism he does baffles me. I defy anyone who saw Brez flap around at Histon convince me he should be in goal.

Paynter - Needs a rest. Looked fucked from the start.

Pook - The best centre midfielder we had on the pitch. How scary is that?

Timlin - Did his best. Full of running and commitment. Deserved MOTM and should be captain.

JP - One of the only good things in an otherwise very lacklustre game.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: