Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meeeeeeeh.  (Read 1827 times)
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 21:46:08 »

ewww no thanks... Just meat for me please!  :shock:
lebowski

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 21:47:28 »

good grief.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 21:51:50 »

It's all good i have found him now and he is on the case... although i fear for my curry.
Still can't find a number!
STFC Village

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 21:51:50 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
I have Bjorks new album, got it today, shall be listening while i work

didn't think it was out yet - how about a TEF review, for those of us who are interested?
It isn't :--

I'll write a small piece later...
lebowski

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 21:57:56 »

stratton tandoori, and sinbad's in rodbourne are both... oooo... i would say fair to middling

i have miss angry down as a korma kind of person
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 22:00:28 »

Actually it will be the first time i have ever had a curry in Swindon despite having lived here for all but 4 yrs of my life.

It's all about the Biryani!
STFC Village

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 23:15:32 »

Bjork- Volta (Out May 7th)

Starts with lead-off single Earth Intruders, produced by Timbaland and as you'd expect, is an R'n'B number with a infectious beat. I like it, but it certainly doesn't feel like a Bjork song.

Wanderlust gives soaring, sexually-charged vocals over a pounding, Nine Inch Nails-esque beat.

Dull Flame Of Desire is the first of 2 duets with mercury music winner Antony Hegarty and their odd vocal deliveries produce something quite captivating.

Innocence is another Timbaland number, with a few added stylistic beats, making it sound like a MIA song. Still, ridiculously catchy.

I See Who You Are is given a minimalistic Japanese feel by pipa player Min Xiao-Fen, and floats along delightfully, good for the chi, no doubt.

Vertabrae by Vertabrae is Bjork at her theatrical best, over a claustrophobic, brass-laden backdrop.

Pneumonia is a floaty number, which doesn't really go anywhere, probably the weakest on the album, but certainly a quiet relief after the previous onslaught on the senses.

Hope is the final Timbaland collaboration, with an oriental feel and slightly off-beat rhythm.

Declare Independence is similar in music style to Wanderlust, but changes sex for politics, with thrilling results.

My Juvenile is the second duet with Mr (Ms?) Hegarty, again pleasant enough, but feels like a poor mans Dull Flame Of Desire (track 3)

Ends with 3 remixes, the 2 Mark Stent ones just being extensions of what Timbaland had already created, the Mark Bell one adding a more crunchy, R'n'B bass to track 5.

--------------------

I'd give it 8/10, i didn't think i'd enjoy the Timbaland songs, but they're infectious, while the Antony Hegarty duets are really beautiful.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 11:40:11 »

I went to the CGH and many ciders were consumed. Aside from the football I had an absolutely ace day.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 12:56:17 »

I will I hadnt stayed out after her other half went home, I think I thought I was a pole dancer in Reflex - messy

Red81

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 12:58:35 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I will I hadnt stayed out after her other half went home, I think I thought I was a pole dancer in Reflex - messy

haha, weve all been there mate

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 13:07:14 »

I like to think I pulled it off!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 13:13:09 »

I just stayed in. Lost the buzz. Was made to watch that 'Grease' show.  Oops

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: