Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 114028 times)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 09:51:29 »

So Cooper's having to manage without a video analyst then I assume? Which is actually considered quite important these days. And while I'm sure the jumpers for goalposts crew can all start in with how [Succesful manager from very long time ago] managed perfectly well without such frippery, the point is that if everyone else can do detailed post-match analysis and Cooper's having to make do with recording the Football League Show and freeze-framing it for the team meeting, that's putting us at a disadvantage compared to our rivals. So this is an area where the cost-cutting isn't "just" backroom stuff going wrong, it has a potential impact on the pitch too.

And it's a fair guess this chap was pretty good at his job as well if Paolo didn't feel the need to have him replaced with a highly paid Italian.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 09:52:09 »

So Cooper's having to manage without a video analyst then I assume? Which is actually considered quite important these days. And while I'm sure the jumpers for goalposts crew can all start in with how [Succesful manager from very long time ago] managed perfectly well without such frippery, the point is that if everyone else can do detailed post-match analysis and Cooper's having to make do with recording the Football League Show and freeze-framing it for the team meeting, that's putting us at a disadvantage compared to our rivals. So this is an area where the cost-cutting isn't "just" backroom stuff going wrong, it has a potential impact on the pitch too.
We're not the only club in the country asking for volunteers to do this role as unpaid internships or such:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/reading-fc-advertises-job-experienced-1827948
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/12/football-clubs-accused-exploiting-unpaid-interns
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9991594/Premier-League-clubs-to-be-reported-to-HMRC-after-advertising-for-unpaid-internships.html
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 09:55:30 »

There's a difference though between giving the job to an unpaid intern and forcing out/refusing to pay someone who's already employed, as is alleged here.

And even if that wasn't the case, the idea that we're only behaving as badly as the rest of football doesn't give me much comfort
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:02:38 »

Entirely agree but I was responding to the point you made about being left behind because we're no longer paying a video analyst.

It's a shameful affair that people think it's fine to exploit the job market this way.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:03:34 »

statement time again 
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/clubstatementl-1204150.aspx 

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:04:12 »

Lee Power confirmed as the new owner.

Adver: Town release Statement regarding Club Ownership
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:06:24 »

They've removed the references to how much cash was invested this time then.

Is that Jed moseying off into the sunset (if not now, soonish)?

hmmmmm. fingers crossed time that Power is somehow in it for the club (if even to be able to turn it around for profit).
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:07:14 »

They put this

"Since the takeover Mr Power has injected £1.2m for a limited period of time to release the embargo enforced by the Football League at the time of takeover.

I could be wrong but was the 'limited period' not mentioned last time ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:08:18 »

Sam says :

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 1m

The stated "injected £1.2mil to release the embargo" changed to "injected £1.2m for a limited period of time to release the embargo"

but is it that important , in the grand scheme of things now the share transfer has gone through. If so, why?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:08:34 »

Well at least there is a definate finger back in the dyke now.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:08:35 »

Hmm, I suppose this puts an end to the uncertainty surrounding the immediate future at least... I need to find some straws to clutch at.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:16:37 »

Sam says :

but is it that important , in the grand scheme of things now the share transfer has gone through. If so, why?

I would say it probably has something to do with the gas bill analogy I mentioned. If he was not confirmed owner why bung in 1.2 million that might never come back.
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:19:13 »

And it's a fair guess this chap was pretty good at his job as well if Paolo didn't feel the need to have him replaced with a highly paid Italian.

The only non-italian on the football staff. Rumour has it could have gone to Sunderland but refused as a Swindon lad. At least the ownership issue is sorted though!
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:20:12 »

Hmm, I suppose this puts an end to the uncertainty surrounding the immediate future at least... I need to find some straws to clutch at.

Power needs to appoint a chief exec... Fast...
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Tuesday, December 3, 2013, 10:20:41 »

Still got a lot to do at STFC #properclub Fans have been great & won't let them down #COTT hope we both go up 👍

So how does all this tally with Jed's tweets about all work he's still got to do , nothing has changed etc etc?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: