Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 113999 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #495 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:22:29 »

Steve...I have heard that the infamous fredi is known to Jed, why has he not started legal proceedings against them for libel which has happened (allegedly) on numerous?

(I actually doubt you know the reason but was curious really)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #496 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:29:14 »

By the way, for anybody that may still be in doubt as I was, it was confirmed to me earlier that Steve's account is genuine.

Hi Steve  Bye
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:32:31 »

I am speaking with Sam this afternoon.

Fair play. Happy to stand corrected.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #498 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:34:40 »

Playing this out in public really is quite amateurish. Perhaps the audit is part of the exit strategy. It can be presented to a buyer ahead of DD, obviously without reliance placed on it by the buyer, to accelerate the process. It's a 'cards up' tactic.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:34:59 »

Steve...I have heard that the infamous fredi is known to Jed, why has he not started legal proceedings against them for libel which has happened (allegedly) on numerous?
TBF to McCrory, even if you can prove libel, it's prohibitively expensive to be involved in either bringing or defending an action. Which is why the libel laws in this country are badly broken as it's beyond the means of most to fight on a level playing field, unless you're very wealthy. And that's one of the reasons Jed's run into the problems  he has, that he isn't, and so has had to seek support from various backers/partners of varying degrees of shadiness/shadowiness
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #500 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:35:47 »

Thats a fair point Paul.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:37:14 »

Playing this out in public really is quite amateurish. Perhaps the audit is part of the exit strategy. It can be presented to a buyer ahead of DD, obviously without reliance placed on it by the buyer, to accelerate the process. It's a 'cards up' tactic.
No perhaps about it, I'd have thought, hasn't that always been their game - buy cheap, sell up quick, turn a healthy profit? And nothing wrong in that, btw,it's when it comes unstuck and you're left holding a position you can't fund it becomes a bit more of a hot potato. Which is why we are where we are now, isn't it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:39:06 »

TBF to McCrory, even if you can prove libel, it's prohibitively expensive to be involved in either bringing or defending an action. Which is why the libel laws in this country are badly broken as it's beyond the means of most to fight on a level playing field, unless you're very wealthy. And that's one of the reasons Jed's run into the problems  he has, that he isn't, and so has had to seek support from various backers/partners of varying degrees of shadiness/shadowiness

I agree Paul, however if this is the case I don't really get why Jed et all don't just out Fredi - would make their (Fredi) position a little uncomfortable if their real identity was known.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:40:56 »

No perhaps about it, I'd have thought, hasn't that always been their game - buy cheap, sell up quick, turn a healthy profit? And nothing wrong in that, btw,it's when it comes unstuck and you're left holding a position you can't fund it becomes a bit more of a hot potato. Which is why we are where we are now, isn't it?

I think we are just now viewing some brinksmanship in the public domain....

There must be factions within the day to day mangement of the club for the offending press release to have been sent on Friday, unless Mr Power hacked into the system from is evil hidden lair in the Swiss Alps.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:41:26 »

I agree Paul, however if this is the case I don't really get why Jed et all don't just out Fredi - would make their (Fredi) position a little uncomfortable if their real identity was known.
True enough. Maybe there is some fire in that smoke?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:43:29 »

True enough. Maybe there is some fire in that smoke?

I think it is reasonably accepted that the jist of Fredi's comments are normally correct even if they may get expanded a little.
stfc2012

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:46:47 »

I can see Team Jed saying Power taken the chequebook and spreadsheet so they have no idea what's happening with the books. And Power (if he ever says anything) blaming those lot for fishy business before he got involved. If anything, LP has kept his cool and said nothing - meaning he has nothing to take back or back up at this moment. Jed is giving it the hashtag initogether and wontletthisclubdown, and SM is about to go on record, with quite what I don't know. I'm sure there are a few twists and turns that even Fredi doesn't know about. It may even just be a big misunderstanding.  Cheesy
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 14:04:47 »

This.

« Reply #508 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 14:10:12 »

Its a cards up tactic to a point. What it doesn't cover is what has happenned under Jed's stewardship so plenty of time for a position to change. To the Jed fans, the position would be better as in reduced wage bill etc. To the Jed haters, then for the worst as outlined in Fredis missive.
If I was in a position to buy the first thing I'd do is go through the books with a fine toothcomb regardless of the audit.
I tihnk its hold on to your ( orange ) hats time. The next few days promise to be quite interesting one way or the other but probably in a completely cringeworthy way that i'm sure haters of STFC will delight in.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 14:30:46 »

This is all a cunning revenue raising ploy. Jed and Power have realised how many pages of internet bollocks get generated whenever a sniff of something comes up relating to the club business. As a result, they have floated a rumoour about a boardroom spat. Lo and behold- shitlods of pages of internet bollocks. They have secretely invested in internet advertising and every page that is read containing their adverts raises millions of pounds for STFC.

Get writing your bollocks folks.

I am sure there is somewhere in the region of 80%- 100% bollocks in this speculation.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: