Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Murrall  (Read 122304 times)
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:22:32 »

And the Greg Hall episode I can't spread any light on that particular time at all, was a bit confused myself on that one.

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/10513407.SwindonTowninvestorGregHallwaspartofroguefirm/

Hmmm
stevemurrall

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:26:06 »

Thanks Steve.

I have this mental image of the club being a bit Heath-Robinson during Diamandis time and then being made more professional under the previous Board. It then seems that you came in and made things a bit more efficient and modern. Is that a fair assessment or am I way off the mark?

I'd also be interested to hear how and why you became involved and what your initial thought were on day one when you came in and saw the reality of the situation?

In my opinion the previous board were professional at board level but there was a disconnect from board to operations.  The CEO was fantastic in communication externally and presenting a real top level image, however the decision making seemed to be made at operational level without real guidance so nothing was really going to evolve. I would say there were hard decisions to make as soon as we arrived, we didn't flinch and we stood firm to make those decisions.

When we arrived there were too many staff for a club of this size, no real guidance for the operational manager, who I have to say was and is in my opinion doing a great job.  I believe I have left it at the right staffing levels and hopefully with the right structure to deliver Jeds vision.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:51:32 »

Thanks again Steve - I expect you have gone to bed now, but interested to know one last thing. You have obviously looked on here (and presumably other sites) from time to time. There have been some nice and some very 'uncharitable' comments made at various times about you and your ex-colleagues. I wonder if you could shed light on how you and maybe some of your ex-colleagues have felt about the comments?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
stevemurrall

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:57:56 »

Thanks again Steve - I expect you have gone to bed now, but interested to know one last thing. You have obviously looked on here (and presumably other sites) from time to time. There have been some nice and some very 'uncharitable' comments made at various times about you and your ex-colleagues. I wonder if you could shed light on how you and maybe some of your ex-colleagues have felt about the comments?

Well Jed has a very thick skin, so he took it in his stride, I on the other hand didn't have thick skin and at the beginning I took the accusations and comments very personally, contemplating walking away a few times, but I knew we were trying to do the right thing for the club and am very pleased that I stuck with it.

I must say though I also received a lot of complementary communications, especially when speaking directly to fans so it wasn't all bad...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 23:06:59 »

As someone who takes things rather personally, I can well understand!

So what does the future hold for you now? Are you working in Malta or holidaying?

stevemurrall

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 23:11:11 »

As someone who takes things rather personally, I can well understand!

So what does the future hold for you now? Are you working in Malta or holidaying?

I have  a number of projects on the go that I need to start concentrating on, taking time out in Malta but have interests over here too.

Just going to enjoy things for a bit after a very testing 10 months..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 02:14:05 »

You sound a decent guy Steve, good luck on going, I haven't met you, but have spoken a few times with Jed who also comes across well,  guess I'm saying as far as the club is concerned I feel it is being looked after quite well at the present time.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 08:26:04 »

Good luck. Thanks for taking time out to answer questions and thanks for your efforts at STFC.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 09:03:28 »

I have  a number of projects on the go that I need to start concentrating on, taking time out in Malta but have interests over here too.

Enjoy Malta....please take in Popeyes village and funky cold Medina....

Clems Army!
fatbasher

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 09:30:36 »

Enjoy Malta....please take in Popeyes village and funky cold Medina....

Is the glass factory still in Medina?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 09:38:30 »

Hi Steve

Can you send me Lee Power's number so I can call him a prick please.

Thanks

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:25:34 »

Why ?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:31:11 »

Re Steve's last post, Mike Diamandis was not part of the last board, but the administration before that. Overspending aside (the benefactor model does work if the benefactor sticks around) the fans were almost universally supportive of Andrew Fitton, Jeremy Wray et al.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:36:06 »

Dunno....my ex girlfriend went to school there.....1970s...

Clems Army!
fatbasher

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:34:29 »

Dunno....my ex girlfriend went to school there.....1970s...

It was a tongue in cheek question really. was fucking hot in there in the summer of 1980, my first trip abroad. Which lends some weight to the expression "Sweating like a glass blowers arse"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: