Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: De ja vu... horrible thought...  (Read 2332 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:49:58 »

ahhhh memories.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:54:10 »

For me t was the Franchise home game that put the final nail in the coffin.

We are staying up this season. Fact*.

*ish
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:55:43 »

I think you'll find we have exactly the same amount of points from the same amount of games this season as we did in 05/06. Now there's a reassuring thought for you.

Also, that season we were 23rd at this stage. This season we are 18th with the same amount of points so there are even worse teams then us and worse teams in general that 05/06. I know some of the bottom teams have games in hand.

Still, it was February we went on a run last time, including a win on Valentines Day against Gillingham and we just so happen to have a game on Valentines Day this year?!
Spencer_White

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:58:00 »

I wasnt there. But the radio were saying that Huddersfield were doing an 'after you claude' shooting practice the last half hour. I bet they got on the bus elated it was 2-1.

Id almost rather we had lost 5-0 and Wilson had laid into them. We are going to get a bad beating this season, just hope it sooner rather than later so we can recover.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 22:58:14 »

For me t was the Franchise home game that put the final nail in the coffin.

We are staying up this season. Fact*.

*ish

It was the Barnsley away game that did it for me....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:09:34 »

another similiarity to 05/06 is that all of our signings have been let downs...nalis is the new whalley, marshall the new shakes etc

at least i have some faith in the current board not to sell our one good player.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:11:55 »

Also, that season we were 23rd at this stage. This season we are 18th with the same amount of points so there are even worse teams then us and worse teams in general that 05/06. I know some of the bottom teams have games in hand.

Still, it was February we went on a run last time, including a win on Valentines Day against Gillingham and we just so happen to have a game on Valentines Day this year?!

I looked for a table from that period and couldn't find one, I was sure we were lower then than we are this time though, so thanks for that. Think its a lot closet down the bottom this year though.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:12:36 »

Nah sonic, at least weve spent well on Cox.

If Cox had been a Cureton then we really would have been buried.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:16:35 »

I wasnt there. But the radio were saying that Huddersfield were doing an 'after you claude' shooting practice the last half hour. I bet they got on the bus elated it was 2-1.

Id almost rather we had lost 5-0 and Wilson had laid into them. We are going to get a bad beating this season, just hope it sooner rather than later so we can recover.

Indeed, I'm amazed that the scoreline ended up looking close, we were miles behind on the pitch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:17:06 »

Nah sonic, at least weve spent well on Cox.

If Cox had been a Cureton then we really would have been buried.

i didn't include cox as he was originally a sturrock signing and was made permenant last january. although with his recent form i was a little concerned he was going the way of cureton.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:17:13 »

Rory right about now had the same amount of goals as well.

mr.reeves us being 23rd is off the top of my head and could be easily wrong but the main difference between this season and that season is that season we were pretty much in the bottom 4 all season. We got back to back home wins against Walsall and Gillingham and moved to 18th only to fuck up a lead against Rotherham and we found ourselves back in the bottom 4 and we stayed there. This season we've barely been in the bottom, we seem to have someone been amazingly shite won 1 game and still we've managed to stay above the dotted line
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: