Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The reason we are rubbish  (Read 19677 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:20:56 »

Point is Spencer hes played 17 matches in 3 years!....scored 8 goals a good ratio sure...but the club arnt going to keep paying good money for a player who cant stay fit....the fact that MM was even considering loaning him out tells me hes down the pecking order,Joyce deserves a chance on his pre season efforts as well.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #256 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:21:48 »

Was pook and joyce playing
Rich Pullen

« Reply #257 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:23:37 »

Was pook and joyce playing

Swindon Town: Mark Scott; Nathan Thompson, Andy Westall (Evans h/t), Jamie Vincent, Yinka Casal; Mark Marshall, Chris Allen, Michael Pook, Callum Kennedy; Lee Peacock, Barry Corr

Substitutes: Callum Antell (GK), Sam Morris, Jake Hyde, Tom Evans
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #258 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:27:26 »

Cheers rich, strange no joyce he must be injured.i take it evans did not impress then. Can see pook on loan soon
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:28:17 »

Peacock playing and Blair not. I guess its to keep Peacock sharp, no chance of Blair being on the bench Saturday is there?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #260 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:31:45 »

I meant evans trial at lincoln btw
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:33:22 »

Great to see Vincent back in the mix. Think we need him and at CB as well.
Spencer_White

« Reply #262 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:44:04 »

Point is Spencer hes played 17 matches in 3 years!....scored 8 goals a good ratio sure...but the club arnt going to keep paying good money for a player who cant stay fit....the fact that MM was even considering loaning him out tells me hes down the pecking order,Joyce deserves a chance on his pre season efforts as well.

I think they wanted to loan him out so that if he did suffer a reaction of any kind then they could keep it low key.

The bloke is football gold if he stays fit.

You say we arent going to keep paying him. But weve paid Christian Roberts for 4 years, despite him being the architect of all his own downfalls. He was a complete pisshead when he arrived for fucks sake! Weve paid him through being a mental alcoholic, a manic depressive, a compulsive gambler (allegedly) and a coke head (allegedly) and crashing his car pissed up(allegedly). And he aint been cheap, we signed him off the back of being City's top scorer. And still people cant understand why we are FINNALLY cutting our losses! Barry Corr has dont nothing wrong, and yet gets totally the opposite. Hes only young and hes a tall lad. It doesnt suprise me one bit hes had back trouble, but his upper body strength looks much better. That shirt isnt flapping off him in the wind like it used to.

Town fans should have some loyalty on this one. He was the one who got us over the promotion line 2 and a half years ago. A key signing to not getting on that slippery slope that is League 2, ask the scum. We will be rewarded with loyalty. Attitude - spot on. Great headers, both feet, great determination, good strength, desire to do well for Swindon, not just himself. Yes the injuries are a massive worry, but if he can just get 4 or 5 months injury free under his belt he will be away. As for Joyce, fucks sake, no way mate, not in the same ball park.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:46:35 by Spencer_White » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #263 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 20:51:23 »

Cheers rich, strange no joyce he must be injured.i take it evans did not impress then. Can see pook on loan soon

It finished 1-1.

Corr with a penalty.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #264 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 21:00:50 »

Cheers, he has to be on the bench saturday
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 21:15:07 »

Spence, my point about fans expectation was in response to the countless times I hear people complaining about being direct, or hoofball as they so intelligently put it.  We were direct as shit under Macari and it worked, but I think the Ardiles and Hoddle period spoilt a fair number and the younger generation have seen too much top flight football so expect the same style down here.  I think Malpas is trying to go for more "football" but it's not quite working and has left the defenders exposed, so much so that individual errors are really costing.  He has the choice of closing up a bit and playing a less attacking style (and yes, I admit it's only glimpses right now because it's not really worked too often yet).  That would probably mean accepting limitations, dropping one winger or a forward and not using the ball on the deck quite so much.  If people were willing to accept that and not constantly whine when the defenders play it long and too the channels, then fair enough.  I just think a fair chunk, you and a few on here aside, want everything.

I think the defensive errors can be covered by numbers, it's what we did for the last 3 away games.  Games that weren't pretty, seemed a little less threatening because we only have an option on one wing, still look shaky at the back but managed to eek out results.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, September 15, 2008, 21:30:09 »

Christian Roberts has scored 65 goals in 300 odd career matches...not bad for a man with the ailments youve listed Spence,hes scored 21 in 111 for Swindon.....i want to see Corr playing and scoring,but i dont want to be waiting another 3 yearsfor another 17 apearances,and more importantly nor will MM.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 07:57:53 »

Agree Jan..thats why i think Corr will struggle to get a regular slot,Corr would almost certainly be route one,though the thaught of him getting on the end of McManees crosses is a plus.

In this league you can't just play a game one way and expect it to work week in / week out. If we're playing the way Malpas wants us to play and the opposition are snuffing out are main points of attack (Ie, McNamee and Cox) then we'll need that other option to get forward. I think Corr is better with his feet than his head anyway! He's got a huge job to get Paynter out of the team.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: