Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The reason we are rubbish  (Read 19683 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 09:51:25 »

Im starting to catch your drift.

I do think Cryer runs whatever story he thinks will wind up Town fans most.

But end of the day its just a local rag. Its difficult to tell who is really focused and who is a passenger. Ive got my suspicions, sure everyone has.

I guess you are a centre of the south stand man? Its always been a bit like that in there. Only make any noise when they are complaining etc.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 09:58:04 »

Gazzza I'll say it again...where is the evidence for players banging on about PO's.

As regards fans moaning about players...this is my 46th season, and nothing has changed....never will.

When I first started going, large numbers used to get on Don Rogers' case, because he seldom headed the ball and seldom tackled....these tended to be older fans who were used to industrial Div 3 South stuff....they liked players like "Garth"  Hudson.  Rugged, man's man types.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 09:58:22 »

Im starting to catch your drift.

I do think Cryer runs whatever story he thinks will wind up Town fans most.

But end of the day its just a local rag. Its difficult to tell who is really focused and who is a passenger. Ive got my suspicions, sure everyone has.

I guess you are a centre of the south stand man? Its always been a bit like that in there. Only make any noise when they are complaining etc.

I was at the back of the Town End. Admittedly there were quite a few plastics I have seen before and my mate had a go at someone for being so negative (I believe somewhat like Sonic mentioned in another post)

WE all know Cryer is a City fan and perhaps like most realistic Town fans he knows we wont make the playoffs and therefore he harps on about it as a way of getting one up on Swindon with the fans turning on the team. Probably a stupid analogy but hey... who knows?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:08:15 »

Cryer aint even there for fucksake jesus christ these players aint kids if they want to say something they will say peoples ability to accept we were shit yesterday is worrying.stop makin excuses and realise the players and the manager were not good enough yesterday
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:10:30 »

The players were not good enough y-day totally agree!The manager selected the best team possible. THey chose not to perform. Lets hope Sturrock, Morrison, Allen and Pook get a chance... yes thy are not great however it will give a few of them a kick up the ass
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:14:48 »

Best team possible? We got beat so possibly not. I admire u stance on malpas but so far you have blamed ,williams,plastic fans and andy cryer but not the bloke who chose to change a unbeaten team. Yes im negative
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:20:05 »

Best team possible? We got beat so possibly not. I admire u stance on malpas but so far you have blamed ,williams,plastic fans and andy cryer but not the bloke who chose to change a unbeaten team. Yes im negative

Ok on paper the best team possible. If you are asking me to blame Malpas because Ifil didn't clear the ball or because Smith dropped the ball as it was heading towards the goal, then no, These are things that the players should do anyway, Surly the manager can't be held at fault. He changed things about, it made no difference. I do think Malpas needs to get a replacement for Williams or someone to work with him.  On paper the team out there was the best team available. Yes maybe you dont change the unbeaten team however knowing Leeds would be a tough ask, Malpas put the best team out there on paper IMO. Obviously not now.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:21:23 »

The players were not good enough y-day totally agree!The manager selected the best team possible. THey chose not to perform. Lets hope Sturrock, Morrison, Allen and Pook get a chance... yes thy are not great however it will give a few of them a kick up the ass

Sorry Gaz, but there is a link between players performances and the skill of the management team. Some managers can polish turds and get them believing they're great.

There's a lack of belief, a lack of team spirit, a lack of fight, a lack of pride. Why?

It's All Good..............
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:23:29 »

On paper the team out there was the best team available. Yes maybe you dont change the unbeaten team however knowing Leeds would be a tough ask, Malpas put the best team out there on paper IMO. Obviously not now.

Any team with JPM in it isn't the best team on paper, grass, or any other fucking surface!

It's All Good..............
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:23:32 »

Sorry Gaz, but there is a link between players performances and the skill of the management team. Some managers can polish turds and get them believing they're great.

There's a lack of belief, a lack of team spirit, a lack of fight, a lack of pride. Why?

Not sure ofcourse... Some could blame fans who get on their back but YES it is the managers job to get them to rise above it and they are supposed to be professionals. Given your comment though I never really thought of the team spirit part. Last seaosn the players were all saying "this is the best dressing room I have been in etc, such a team spirit etc" This year none of that. Interesting thought.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:23:42 »

I don't see Sturrock, Pook or Allen improving the team in a way that will stop leaking goals. Morrison at a push maybe for obvious reasons.

We need to identify the goalkeeper and back four issue and quick sharp.... It's a situation that will decide whether Malpas is here at the end of the season or not.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:24:14 »

Reg is right on his points but we also need to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.
Cruel as it sounds, as a club we need those plastic fans to see a great game and come back.....after yesterday will any of the floaters return??

There are idiots that annoy me at matches but most fans will be a little peeved to see a great passing move or mazy dribble from the opposition which results in a goal. However when they see schoolboy keystone cops defending they are pissed off and they rightly put their point across......after all they have paid between £15 and £25 and i n my book they have paid for the right to complain, loyal fans, floaters etc etc.

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:29:43 »

Reg is right on his points but we also need to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.
Cruel as it sounds, as a club we need those plastic fans to see a great game and come back.....after yesterday will any of the floaters return??

There are idiots that annoy me at matches but most fans will be a little peeved to see a great passing move or mazy dribble from the opposition which results in a goal. However when they see schoolboy keystone cops defending they are pissed off and they rightly put their point across......after all they have paid between £15 and £25 and i n my book they have paid for the right to complain, loyal fans, floaters etc etc.

Exactly - every season the matches against teams like Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Leeds United are just as important for business reasons than they are for points

People don't watch Swindon for too many reasons whether it's because of previous regimes or because Hereford at home isn't as appealing as Prem/CCC fixtures.

These are the games that can brings the proverbial bums-on-seats and it's up to the management to get it right... Last time Leeds beat us the CG the attendance dropped dramatically (Huddersfield last season - ok night game and Champions League on tele), I expect the same to happen against Millwall unless we get a result at Stockport.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:33:28 »

My main worry is why these mistakes happen. He dont seem to give many defenders a chance 1 mistake and they are dropped maybe thats causing a few issues
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 10:36:49 »

My worry yesterday was the not the result just the fact that we made it look like we had 10 men and not them. Shocking show. Can't have many more like that or we'll have be staring at league 2 again come Christmas.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: