Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The reason we are rubbish  (Read 19678 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:28:40 »

Yesterday before the game kicked off there were the plastic random fans I have never seen before and the whole time they said "so prediction today 5-0 loss?" "bloody Malpas doesn't have a clue hopefully he is gone after this game"

Now I fully expected us to lose 2-1 as Leeds are a strong side however ever since kick off, these same "fans" just winged and complained and the guy behind me the whole game to McNamee "see thats why your got dumped by Watford",  "oh we are so shit and its only been 2 minutes" "Cox your useless" just every single fan apart from my mates around me were SOOOOOOOO incredibly negative.

Now ok our defence is crap but we have got results away from home. I can't help but think, PERHAPS out players now are too nervous playing at home due to the pressure our fans put on the players. YES they should deal with it as they are professionals.

The last 2 away league games (note i excluded Aldershot) we have got a result. No it hasn't been particularly pretty but we got a result. We must win games at home and 2 3-1 losses on the trot are unacceptable.

Perhaps the pressure at home gets to the players due to the moans and groans of our fans. The question is HOW do you eradicate them feeling this way?

This is in no way saying they are all world class players and the fans are the fault we are crap at home but I think once again we made the mistake of saying "the aim is the playoffs" this season. We did the same last year and dropped like a lead balloon? As soon as the management etc. of the club mentions play-offs everyone gets a bit excited and believes that hype despite us being no different than last season really.

Pressure and playoff talk raises expectations and where as I dont expect us to say, we have no chance of doing anything and will just avoid relegation, it appears the current crop of players cannot handle the pressure.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 15:35:44 by STFC_Gazzza » Logged
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:30:29 »

Seriously mate how about blaming malpas and the players
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:34:08 »

I am blaming the players for not "raising to the occasion" , I think Malpas selected the right team yesterday, they just didn't perform. Maybe after Leeds went down to 10 men you think ah its in the bag then.

and another IF, if Cox had scored the second goal, the momentum shifts and perhaps Leeds don't get their 3rd? Leeds were very clever after that attack to slow the game down by making the double substitution.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:43:44 »

When you get beat 3-1 at home against 10 men you have not picked the right team. Leeds are far to good to get beat by the give it to mcnamee tactic
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:44:43 »

I agree some of our fans are well negative, and if you looked around there wasnt the support there yesterday. We looked totally beaten after the second goal, fans had less fight in them than the players.

But this whole 'talking about the play offs' thing is a complete nonsense Gazza. It was a load of bollocks last season and it still is. Of course were aiming for the play offs. It was just a bit of media backtracking from Malpas. Load of bollocks, should be forgotten about.

The reason we are rubbish is because the defence is a shambles. Were never going to give our attacking players a chance to shine if we make stupid mistakes week in week out.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:49:44 »

What attackin "players".mcnamee and cox who else
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 07:54:49 »

The point I was trying to make is its much harder to attack when you're always falling behind in a game.

In answer to you question, I suppose Paynter and Timlin (who is supposed to be our ball player).

We created chances yesterday. Could have had 3 easily. Yes, they had a lot more chances.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 08:34:53 »

Gazzza who's said anything about PO's?

There has been a set of statements from the new board, which are clearly being adherred  to.

1. Aim CCC within 3 years....now I take this to be the 1st year.

2. They wont pay agents fees etc to acquire players.

3, If a young player can be identified, who could be a financial investment, then money may be found.

4. Money wont be thrown at this project....funds need to be generated by the business
namely cup runs, increased crowds and youth development.

My interpretation is that in the summer we added two free transfers to an already existing mid table side..one of whom was a straight replacement for the departing Minge.

A small fee was paid for Casal, a potential investment player...although Mulgrew clearly was the main aim.

Before the season started I think the majority of sane posters on here...had us down as mid table, with a hope, top ten might be achievable.

So in conclusion I don't think our players fail because of expectations from the fans.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 08:36:23 »

the players and manager in the run up to the season reg.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 08:43:15 »

Gazzza who's said anything about PO's?

There has been a set of statements from the new board, which are clearly being adherred  to.

1. Aim CCC within 3 years....now I take this to be the 1st year.

2. They wont pay agents fees etc to acquire players.

3, If a young player can be identified, who could be a financial investment, then money may be found.

4. Money wont be thrown at this project....funds need to be generated by the business
namely cup runs, increased crowds and youth development.

My interpretation is that in the summer we added two free transfers to an already existing mid table side..one of whom was a straight replacement for the departing Minge.

A small fee was paid for Casal, a potential investment player...although Mulgrew clearly was the main aim.

Before the season started I think the majority of sane posters on here...had us down as mid table, with a hope, top ten might be achievable.

So in conclusion I don't think our players fail because of expectations from the fans.

Totally agree with all your points apart from the playoffs part...

The players and management have been harping on about the playoffs this season...

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.2432326.0.nalis_sounds_alarm_for_dozy_town.php

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.2430844.0.cheers_not_jeers_will_lift_us_says_mcgovern.php

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.2423952.0.dowie_tips_town_for_the_top.php

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.2420678.0.aljofree_lets_start_as_we_mean_to_go_on.php

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.2419201.0.cox_dont_write_us_off_yet.php
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 08:47:24 »

I still dont understand how aiming for the play offs makes us more likely to fail?

Its not as if we expect to be Champions League is it? Are you saying we should be more tolerant of the defeats Gazza? If we play well and still get beaten (like the QPR game) then the fans will stay on side.

If were making mistakes all the time, then no ones going to be happy. We cant tolerate underachievement, theyve already had a 3 month spell of taking it easy, strolling to a mid table finnish. Once was enough thanks.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 08:54:02 »

I've read this thread through and I still don't really understand what Gazza's point is.  In the grand scheme of things, I seriously doubt that our fans are up there with the worst of them when it comes to unrealistic expectations and dishing out abuse.  Relatively speaking, we're pussycats.  If the players can't handle what is dished out at the County Ground (which I doubt in any case) they need to grow some balls.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 08:54:31 »

With all due respect Gazzza there's fuck all there to back your argument.

A couple of Adver journo lines about the forthcoming season..Cox saying the pundits who've predicted a relegation struggle will be proved wrong....and JPM saying he'd like to get us in the CCC in the future.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 08:57:58 »

Reg they have said it.i dont actually mind they have ambition but playin like twats i do mind
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 14, 2008, 09:47:00 »

I still dont understand how aiming for the play offs makes us more likely to fail?

Its not as if we expect to be Champions League is it? Are you saying we should be more tolerant of the defeats Gazza? If we play well and still get beaten (like the QPR game) then the fans will stay on side.

If were making mistakes all the time, then no ones going to be happy. We cant tolerate underachievement, theyve already had a 3 month spell of taking it easy, strolling to a mid table finnish. Once was enough thanks.

I think you have my point there really... I dont mind losing if we lose playing a good game. Ok we made 3 stupid mistakes yesterday but after Cox had his shot saved by Lucas (great save BTW) we seemed to switch off yet the same players who switched off are the ones who were banging on about the playoffs etc. Nothing wrong with ambition, just back it up on the pitch. As soon a we miss one ball say the fans atleast around me (so cannot say for anyone else) start foaming at the mouth slagging the players and everyone off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: