Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Relegation ?  (Read 9739 times)
eddiet

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:19:23 »

As an old fucker whos seen far too many seasons of promotions , relegations and midle table obscurity you can tell when a side looks doomed to relegation , and thats what we are at the moment.

We needed a manager before the carlisle game - cos that , crewe , yeovil , orient and brighton was gonna make or break the season and quite frankly it's looking pretty broken.

Morecambe away next year will be nice though .........
dell boy

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:24:16 »

We need a manager before the January window that's for sure.
After the Brighton game we have two weeks off that will probably be the window when he comes in or just before the Brighton game.
You are right Orient and Brighton games are very important, we must pick up at least three points.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:32:25 »

More importantly in my opinion 4 or 5 players are needed. We have players who think they are better than they are simple as that . We need cox bang on form again and someone calm in the middle
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:35:11 »

More importantly in my opinion 4 or 5 players are needed. We have players who think they are better than they are simple as that . We need cox bang on form again and someone calm in the middle
We need a midfield enforcer, somebody who will not allow the opposition to play past us, one of the reasons we are so dodgy at the back is the amount of pressure we have to soak up through losing the ball consistently in the middle of the park.
dell boy

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:38:57 »

We need a midfield enforcer, somebody who will not allow the opposition to play past us, one of the reasons we are so dodgy at the back is the amount of pressure we have to soak up through losing the ball consistently in the middle of the park.

True Ronnie, we do have one of the weakest midfields in this division, I haven't seen us win a midfield battle all season.

For me that is down to the coaching, it's not hard to stop another side playing if you press and harass as a unit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:40:25 »

We've needed one of these for years...the last such was all too briefly Paul Smith, who was superb...Iffy obviously knew his quality having played with him, but sadly he was on his last legs.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:44:01 »

3 or 4 new players. We dont have enough depth because what we do have on the bench like casal etc is shit, ideally 6 points over the next 2 games but 4 points would be good enough to give us some breathing space going into the Jan transfer window with a new manager and see what happens?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 10:52:50 »

I agree we need a new spine to the team. A new commanding centre back and a central midfielder. Problem is we have too much dead wood in the over sized squad. Can't see the budget stretching too far unless we ship the crud out first.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 11:01:48 »

We are in big trouble that's for sure. I think we need a new striker tbh. I'm not sure Corr and Sturrock are up to the mark and Peacock isn't a striker anymore. The CM position needs looking at and clearly so does the back 4. My worry is that the new man won't have time to look at it all and will make panic signings. Or that there will be no new manager at all.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 11:59:16 »

Hes been getting alot of stick so dont want to add to his woes but we looked a better team when Aljofree went off yesterday,Morrison makes an odd mistake but hs distribution and throwins mean for me he should be in ahead of Ifill and Aljofree....not being funny onion but but its a case of getting a manager who can see things that are obvious to us....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 12:02:45 »

We looked even worse when aljofree whent off. If he offers nothing else then he gives our back line some experience. Morrison just isn't good enough defensively. His marking and awareness is very poor, as can be expected because of his age. Aljofree is our best center back by far this season.

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 12:11:21 »

mmmm 2 down when he went off i believe....Morrison has been outstanding and can only get better...cant say that about Aljofree,we are bottom 5 so the captain needs to be counted,we obviously watch different matches Dave...he gets too many injuries because of his style of play,hes not been our worse player and the abuse he gets isnt right...but Morrison is young and we need to be building him up to play every natch...not sent to Plymouth for a holiday!
As for Aljofree it looks like hes out for a few weeks again no change there then...
dell boy

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 12:13:58 »

We looked very stretched at the back in the last 20 minutes, maybe because were trying to go forward looking for an equaliser or because Morrison was upfield most of the time (long throws).

Personally I would like to see Morrison and Ifil in the middle. Morrison looks as solid as a rock to me even though a bit slow, Ifil has the pace the clear up behind him.

Aljofree does nothing for me, do not rate him at all.
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 12:14:46 »

Ajofree went off before the second didn't he? Infact wasn't it Morrison doing the offside hand wave that helped them out for their second?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 12:15:28 »

Ifil was fucking awful yesterday, again. we need a new coach/manager or a miracle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: