Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Robbo WILL start on Saturday!  (Read 1874 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 11:45:12 »

I know we've had countless Robbo should start threads, but this one is different - I'm convinced he will start this time.

From thisis:

Onuora’s waiting for Christian aid

IFFY Onuora hopes a heart-to-heart chat with Christian Roberts is finally paying dividends.

The Welsh enigma netted twice for the reserves on Tuesday and looked something like the player Town signed from Bristol City for £50,000 a year ago.

The 25-year-old arrived from Ashton Gate with a big reputation but injury hampered his first season in Wiltshire and he has failed to hit the heights this term.

By his own admission, Roberts has suffered with ‘demons’ in his head at times and Onuora has tried to exorcise those from day one.

After the two-goal blast against Bristol Rovers this week, the Town boss hopes he’s finally getting through to him.

He said: “The first day I took charge I had a one-to-one with Christian.

“I put my arm around his shoulder and tried to make him feel wanted, because I think that’s what he needs sometimes.

“I wanted a positive response from him and, hand on heart, I haven’t had that yet.

“But I’m hopeful that this is the start of it.

“If him scoring for the reserves is the ray of light he needed to build on then it’s great for me, great for the club and great for Christian Roberts.”

Roberts has started just two games this season, although he’s still the club’s second highest scorer following strikes against Oldham and Yeovil.

But a failure to fulfil his potential consistently has frustrated Onuora ­ as well as predecessor Andy King.

So Roberts has been left bench warming for much of the campaign, thrown on as a late substitute when Town are chasing the game.

Yet with Onuora publicly looking for another forward or winger, the answer to his prayers could have been sat alongside him in the dug-out all along.

And his impressive showing for the second string could put Roberts in contention for the trip to Brentford on Saturday.

“Christian has scored a couple for the reserves and that’s a positive step,” said Onuora.

“I hope he’s ready to dig deep for us now because a player of his talent should be able to offer a lot to the cause.

“He’s got a lot of pace and two good feet and could be a real asset for us.”

It's all there - Iffy desperately wants to start Robbo, but has been worried about his form.  It's time he was let loose!
mattboyslim

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 12:07:29 »

Indeed it appears that Iffy mirrors exactly what we all thought.  Against hull last year he looked awesome, became a fans favourite etc, and Iffy knows his capabilities, but he as we do to, knows that Robbo on an off day is worse than useless ie Bradford.  It seems he's trying to get him in the frame of mind and form which had sadly vanished under AK.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 12:53:16 »

no comment Wink
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 13:01:36 »

I hope roberts does get a start at some point, but from the title i though this was about steve robinson coming back !  I immediately though was a daft idea - but then thought... actually, it might not be so bad - at least he would put a tackle or two in.
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 13:19:41 »

Robbo flying around our midfield is just what we need right now...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 13:50:07 »

good sub, poor starter.  And that's the truth.
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 13:55:34 »

It simply HAS to be Roberts this week surely ...go on Iffy you know you want to! Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 14:11:47 »

Quote from: "janaage"
good sub, poor starter.  And that's the truth.

again, we'll see when he actually starts....

I said last season letting Turbo go was a mistake....
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 14:46:13 »

4-3-FUCKING-3!!!!!!!!! gotta be! please!

DMR

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 15:46:27 »

let's hope he backs up iffy's choice
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:22:16 »

yes lets hope he scores and proves that he should be starting!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:24:49 »

Let's hope he doesn't, he plays poorly for 45, gets replaced by Thorpe whp comes on and scores a ten minute hat trick, he subsequently gets injured (just a knock) and is replaced by Cureton, who then scores two amazing goals.  We win 5-0, our confidence is sky high and we're back on the road to recovery.

To be honest right now I don't care who finds their form, just hope someone does, asap.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:33:02 »

If it hasn't happened already, November 11th will be the day that he shows us all his class.

He left City, and they stopped him playing against them. That will be his chance to prove why. He wil lgo onto that pitch DESPERATE for 3 points and will be up for that game more than any other.

I have faith!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 16:35:32 »

lets hope so reeves! id love to see him tear Heywood, Smith and co apart!
my-velocity

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 13, 2005, 08:36:33 »

Quote from: "Leggett"
4-3-FUCKING-3!!!!!!!!! gotta be! please!

Yeah with Fallon Roberts and Bouzza (thnk that's his name.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: