Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Crewe Alexandra F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30225 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #270 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 10:56:08 »

Devera is a much better player than Flint.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:17:09 »

Took me back to those "oooh Shaun Taylor" moments of old.

A good game all round I think. Nice to see Gary Roberts running round like someone had set his arse on fire. he put in a real performance as did everyone else.

Not surprised that Adam Rooney got MoM but, for me Nathan 'The Mighty Atom'* Byrne edged it. I like him and wish he could stay. A real prospect for whoever ends up with him.

* Or should that be "Atom Ant" for that "Up and at em Atom Ant" chant?

Things get better but they never get good
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 22:22:37 »

Is Devera out of contract this summer? I like Joe, he's been unlucky to not have played more games this season, I think he's better than Flint. If Flint was Devera's height there would be no contest between the two of them.

I'd be gutted to see Devera go. His partnership with Ward before his injury was the most solid I've seen for years. What worries me is Kmacs not seen that side of him yet as when he has played him it's been out of position, because since then Flint individually has looked our best CB and therefore been undroppable even if as a partner to Ward the defence has gone to pieces since they've been paired.

It's the same situation with De Vita who based on performances under Di Canio is the best winger at the club now Ritchie's gone, but who's so totally out of favour at the moment it seems Kmacs already made up his mind he's not going to be a part of his plans. I doubt we'll replace either with better players very easily in the summer if they're let go.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: