Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BRFC VS STFC OFFICIAL Matchday Thread  (Read 35101 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 17:45:42 »

Heat of the moment Ralph.

I'm sure of that.

Don't listen to him Ralph.

Graham Rix was in the stands....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 17:48:56 »

Some post match PDC views are up on the OS

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2541860,00.html
On the result…

We didn't deserve the win and today I didn't recognise my team. After two minutes I said to Fabrizio that if we were going to win the game then we'd have to be lucky. Quite a few of the players didn't show the desired commitment and hunger.

On the start…

We didn't start the game well. We didn't show the right things and today Bristol Rovers were better than us. At the end of the day we have taken the draw, but we were lucky to get that. If they don't win against Morecambe next weekend then they will not be having time off next Sunday. We are talking about a group - and they must be treated as a group not individuals.

On the point…

The point is the positive but other than that we cannot take anything from the game. If we keep going like this we will keep dropping points. I would prefer to lose the game and play much, much better than put on a display like we have done today.

Sounds like DeVita got a PDC tongue lashing according to Chris Wise. And others.....
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 17:51:16 by Batch » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 17:54:02 »

Don't listen to him Ralph.

Graham Rix was in the stands....

With Sheena Easton I believe.

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 17:54:42 »

With Sheena Easton I believe.

I always get them mixed up.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:02:22 »

Anyway, I think we're all missing the point. The point is,

KILL BOGUS DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:14:31 »

Typical. You can never find an angry lynch mob when you need one  Roll Eyes
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:15:04 »

Some post match PDC views are up on the OS

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2541860,00.html
Sounds like DeVita got a PDC tongue lashing according to Chris Wise. And others.....

Devita was by no means the worst.  Cibbochi deserves a tongue lashing for not being able to take a throw in correctly and Magera for not being able to win a ball in the air. Gabilondo  had his when he was subbed after his final miss.  Di Canio was going mental at him as he came off.  Felt a bit sorry for him to be honest, it was right in front of everyone.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:15:58 »

Changing the subject, any scrapping outside the ground?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:19:52 »

Devita was by no means the worst.  Cibbochi deserves a tongue lashing for not being able to take a throw in correctly and Magera for not being able to win a ball in the air. Gabilondo  had his when he was subbed after his final miss.  Di Canio was going mental at him as he came off.  Felt a bit sorry for him to be honest, it was right in front of everyone.

I was thinking about this and was wondering if he was actually doing anything any different to normal. I see what I think are foul throws in every single game I watch (not just Swindon games) but the refs don't bother penalising them. I wonder if we came up against an official today who had actually bothered to read his rule book and realised that in fact quite a high percentage of throw ins are foul throws?

Just a thought Hmmm
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:22:41 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:20:35 »

Changing the subject, any scrapping outside the ground?
Bound to have been.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:21:16 »

Devita was by no means the worst.  Cibbochi deserves a tongue lashing for not being able to take a throw in correctly and Magera for not being able to win a ball in the air. Gabilondo  had his when he was subbed after his final miss.  Di Canio was going mental at him as he came off.  Felt a bit sorry for him to be honest, it was right in front of everyone.

I do find his hot headedness worrying, but Di Canio isn't going to change his ways. Hopefully the players realise its his way or the highway and just knuckle down and get on with it rather than sulk.

Seems silly for the thread to be in this tone, we just got a point in a traditional graveyard and we are 14 unbeaten!

So sounds like you were there, do you think we deserved 1 point or all 3?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:31:05 »

I do find his hot headedness worrying, but Di Canio isn't going to change his ways. Hopefully the players realise its his way or the highway and just knuckle down and get on with it rather than sulk.

Seems silly for the thread to be in this tone, we just got a point in a traditional graveyard and we are 14 unbeaten!

So sounds like you were there, do you think we deserved 1 point or all 3?

I agree with that. When the Board appointed Paolo they knew there would be days like this (they must have done). My view is that in Italy, this kind of reaction is not in the slightest bit unusual and that it's a clash of the hot-headed Latin and more prosaic northern European temperaments.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's pretty clear that a number of players dropped their standards today and are going to be left in no doubt about that. Hopefully things won't go too far because they certainly should not.

I reckon Jeremy Wray has a key role to play at this point in bringing Di Canio back to earth. Di Canio has to manage the team, JW has to manage Di Canio.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:34:32 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9413334.Di_Canio_threatens_to_quit/
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:37:38 »

Ridiculous. We must have by far the biggest budget in the league, with the majority of the squad signed by him. Only got himself to blame if they aren't performing as he wants. We've got too many players as it is, certainly don't need anymore.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, December 10, 2011, 18:39:19 »

Well all we can do is wait to see how it all unfolds. All I can say though is that if Di Canio were to end up resigning - which I can't believe he will at this point - then he will never make it as a manager.

Guess what? When you are a football manager you get the odd set back and you have to be able to bounce back from it. And let's face it, as set backs go, that wasn't much of one really was it?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: